Quasimodo Darth Vader helmet - Version II

Just moved house and buckets are all in boxes ready to be unpacked, this weekend I hope. As soon as they are all out I will post a photo. Interestingly I have an Ainsworth, first one I had,so I can do a like for like comparison and as already mentioned on the thread the difference in quality is staggering. I'll post ASAP.

Okay, I'm officially excited to see the comparison! It's not so much that I want to prove that Quasimodo is better than Ainsworth's product, but rather that Ainsworth had nothing to do with Vader, but somehow by offering a Vader many fans of his believe it's somehow more "sainted", and given his plagiarism of sculptor Liz Moore and her work on the Stormtrooper helmet, I'd like to somehow address his misrepresentation of his role in the original production by showing that fans with enough spirit can do equally or better than him.

Here goes then, pictures are so so but ishould give you the idea, SLR is still packed in a box somewhere. let me know if you would like different angles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 432
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 361
Great shots, but ideally stand 8 feet back when comparing two helmets. Just a slight degree off and one helmet can look larger than the other even though they may not appear that way in real life.

The SDS doesn't look as bad as in the promo shots but still lacks detail. Quasimodo V2 ESB and ROTJ will have a much sharper mid strip and dome ridge than the SDS.

Great shots, but ideally stand 8 feet back when comparing two helmets. Just a slight degree off and one helmet can look larger than the other even though they may not appear that way in real life.

The SDS doesn't look as bad as in the promo shots but still lacks detail. Quasimodo V2 ESB and ROTJ will have a much sharper mid strip and dome ridge than the SDS.

Can't wait to eventually see the ROTJ version :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back