Quasimodo Darth Vader helmet - Version II

On the darth ugly sale thread it says the esb helmet has an "orange peeling" texture to it. Does the quasi esb have that texture?

The finish is not perfectly glass smooth (nor were the originals, and I can't help but feel that they would lose some character if they were), but I wouldn't describe it as orange peely. That's probably an old comment from when I was still using a standard 1k acrylic clear. The pics above are representative of what people can expect of Quasimodo ESB or ROTJ.

ESB ordered....Kablam! And to anyone wondering how this looks in full costume, Studio49 has a great WIP thread on the SLD, showing off the ROTJ in full splendor. Wonderful artwork on both you guys part!

Last edited:
Wanted to report in that I received my ANH helmet a few weeks ago and it truly is stunning.
Thanks to Bookface and Mac.

IMG_1531.jpgIMG_1536.jpg

Looks really great from any angle, and I'm always surprised at just how different it can look from different perspectives. Heh, I swear, the various Quasimodo threads have me wondering if the one Vader lid I own is enough... :lol Love it!

Hey look at that, Mac finally got a Quasi lid to call his own! One is never enough. Ask Mac how many he owns. I technically only own one, but given that I'm sat here and I can see 15 of the darn things in various stages of completion I'm not sure I'm a representative example.

I keep thinking I want to hold out for a TM... but you guys make it so damn hard....
Is the TM like the SL as far as being the kind of "don't call us, we'll call you" route of obtaining one? Just curious, I've never given serious thought to getting such things because I haven't been around very long, and don't have much of value to contribute to anyone as far as information, secrets, or the like. I'm actually not even sure I've been around enough (both here and places like RS, SSF, and others) to be able to get one of these lids, either. Heh.

Bookface has piqued my interest though, now: how many is it, Mac?

Yes, I recently came into possession of the above helmet, so please pardon my brevity as I've been under the weather, and the cold meds have made my brain somewhat like a soup. It's a special thing to see one of my "kids" come home, fully painted and in full glory. I have to give Bookface a shoutout for the paint and constantly trying to push the envelope. It takes very little effort to set this up and have it look really nice and convincing in a dim room based on how well the ambient light plays off his paint work.

How many helmets do I own? I really don't want to know. I'm keeping them in storage for now so they're out of the house and out of sight and mind. Somehow, with this Quasimodo, I have at least 5 in the house. Crap....

I'm very honored that people have drawn comparisons between Quasimodo and the esteemed rare castings such as the TM and SL. Other than not having the artifactual textural surface details the TM and SL have, in terms of size and overall structure and shape, my hope was that Quasimodo could serve as some people's swan song of Vader collecting, and to give people who have traditionally believed that having prop lineage guaranteed a superior product a reason to reconsider.

Makes me glad I ordered an ESB. Those pictures really capture Vaders presence and character. I'm of the camp that I do like lineage pieces, but to discount this because it's not cast from original is really dismissing a gem. The artwork here rises above my expectation of fan made.

Hi, just PMed Bookface regarding my order of my ANH Quasi V2 and my ESB Armor. Would appreciate a reply, thanks much!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back