Quakevirus Predator Designs... Predator Blade Botttle Opener Status Update

SMOKE

Hello Hunters! I'm going to start posting up some of my predator illustrator and photoshop designs here for feedback and your pleasure..or dislike.. haha

and maybe a few small 1:6th to 1:8th is sculpts here and there to break up the monotony.

I put this design together this evening.. :D
(not to scale..total length is 3.9somethingsomething Inches Long :))
bladeopener.jpg

what do you guys think? Looks pretty cool and functional to me. Just don't take it on a plan!! haha

Thanks for looking and commenting! (y)

I would totally purchase one of these.

I could see it now:
Me-"Hi, may I help you with your beverage ma'am?"
Hot chick- "Why yes, thank you"
Me- "No problem"
Hot chick- "My, what a sharp tool you have. You must get a lot of attention with that...if you know what I mean"
Me- "Oh yeah... all the chicks like my blade."
Hot chick- "Well, you could help me with my beverages anytime"
Me- * (y) ;) * "You know it baby"

...and than I awake from the dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :D Here's an idea. You know those oval shaped multi-tools? WELL- a mask for the shape, a plasma caster shaped flash light, your knife/bottle opener ect...

That's cool! I like the three holes, nice touch. Did you consider doing the opener part on the top of the blade where the opening is all ready?

Are you planning on getting this made or are you just designing?

Dude u gonna make tons of loot from this. Maybe make it like a fold out knife? multiple function?

Not looking at making a mint, although a few bucks would be nice! lol. My first thought was to make them pretty basic. A fold out version could be done. I would have to sculpt out a gauntlet handle and add an extra blade for that double blade look. It would also need the safety look like a lock blade knife has. The ideas are a flowing on this one!

I would totally purchase one of these.

I could see it now:
Me-"Hi, may I help you with your beverage ma'am?"
Hot chick- "Why yes, thank you"
Me- "No problem"
Hot chick- "My, what a sharp tool you have. You must get a lot of attention with that...if you know what I mean"
Me- "Oh yeah... all the chicks like my blade."
Hot chick- "Well, you could help me with my beverages anytime"
Me- * (y) ;) * "You know it baby"

...and than I awake from the dream.

Lol!! That is EXACTLY how it would play out!

I love it. Sign me up.

Looks like I might have to make a list. :D

a knife+ bootle opener= pure win, and REYALS- beautifull presented scene :D

My thoughts exactly! haha

Great ideas bro!! maybe I can make a quasi Universal Plasma caster Case for those small LED flaslights.

That's cool! I like the three holes, nice touch. Did you consider doing the opener part on the top of the blade where the opening is all ready?

Are you planning on getting this made or are you just designing?

Thanks man!!! It needed something on the end to attach a key ring or paracord to. It just seemed right..Lol

I did consider putting the opener part at the tip of the blade but I ended up putting it where it was to keep the overall predator shape of the blade. I didn't want the blade to loose it's classic predator shape. (y) Could you possibly CNC these with your set up? I have the .CDR and .ai files.

Love the idea!
Count me in if you start a run

Counted! (y)

Blade Opener update: I'm trying to get a hold of a local guy to cut them out for me. So far no return phone call, maybe tomorrow, untill then... Any lair member up to the challenge?? I'm exploring my options right now. I'd like to be able to engrave lair names on theses aswell. ;)

Thanks for all the awesome comments guys!! I have some more bottle opener designs (alien fetus, etc..) in my brain. just got to get them in vector form. (y)

Can u add like a can opener blade function also? so I can bring it for camping open canned foods from looting and pillaging during the apocalypse?

Like dis:
1982461.jpg

Blade Opener update: I'm trying to get a hold of a local guy to cut them out for me. So far no return phone call, maybe tomorrow, untill then... Any lair member up to the challenge?? I'm exploring my options right now. I'd like to be able to engrave lair names on theses aswell. ;)
Thanks for all the awesome comments guys!! I have some more bottle opener designs (alien fetus, etc..) in my brain. just got to get them in vector form. (y)

Let me look around in China, since I'm here there are lots of local factories and whatnot. But they may need mass production numbers. I'll see what the minimum quantity is and get back to u if it not crazy

Can u add like a can opener blade function also? so I can bring it for camping open canned foods from looting and pillaging during the apocalypse?

Like dis:
1982461.jpg

Let me look around in China, since I'm here there are lots of local factories and whatnot. But they may need mass production numbers. I'll see what the minimum quantity is and get back to u if it not crazy

Awesome idea Mike!! After the little ones go to bed, I'll update the design here in a little bit with a can opener. :D I think I know where know where I'm going to blend it in at. The challenge is to keep theses as simple as possible. That way manufacturing cost are low and I can keep the price low price for everyone.

Let me know what you find out about manufacturing Mike, I seriously want to get this one made and in our hands. (y)

These will be very handy in the up coming Bath Salt Zombie Apocalypse..lol .. too soon?

I can't promise anything but it depends on what your really looking at as a final piece. It may be something that a water jet could do well. It depends on the material and thickness needed to function. The bottle openers I have are thicker then I can cut on my mill with my tooling. I also can't anodize. A waterjet could cut them out of anything they have.

I was trying to do this for Monsterpalooza but didn't finish in time. I ended up doing it the week after and for the Phoenix Con I had my son wear it on his badge since I had a shirt. I glued a strip of steel on the back and had magnets on the other side.

MasterAnubisBadge001.jpg

MasterAnubisBadge002.jpg

That blade badge is coool man!!

I would like for the final product to be of course metal, preferably steel but aluminum might work just as good and be cheaper. I had planned on them being as thick as the anodized aluminum ones that are currently being sold on ebay. I agree that over all thickness and coating is going to be an issue when it comes to manufacture.

Adding a can opener to the design will require it to be flatter in shape, so it would cut in to the lid..If it is thinner (1/8th - 1/16th of an inch) we could get away with plasma cutting them and it might bring the cost down some more. So many things to factor in on such a simple little opener..that's they way it goes I guess.
......What a CAN of worms!! LOL

Plasma cutting will have a hard time getting some of those details. Thats why I suggest getting a quote from a water jet place. They have quite a bit more control over their kerf and have some incredible detail capacity. I don't know what kind of costs are involved because I have yet to get a quote on anything. Places that anodize are a can of worms by themselves. (y)

I cut this in wood for a test cut. It's easier on the tooling if a mistake happens.

Plasma cutting will have a hard time getting some of those details. Thats why I suggest getting a quote from a water jet place. They have quite a bit more control over their kerf and have some incredible detail capacity. I don't know what kind of costs are involved because I have yet to get a quote on anything. Places that anodize are a can of worms by themselves. (y)

I cut this in wood for a test cut. It's easier on the tooling if a mistake happens.

Thanks for all the advice bro! I'll take all the help I can get. If we go with the water jet version, I would definitely like to add more details, by making the overall shape of the blade like the one in your signature and I think I could definitely use your help with making the cad file as it has been 2 years since I modeled anything in maya or lightwave. Another thing to factor in the more detail, the high the cost is going to be. Higher detailed pieces will tie up the machine longer and the factory will factor(hah) that into the pricing.

I don't want to rule out plasma cutting them. I've seen some of Frank's(Local Guy) work and it's pretty clean and sharp. I also found a couple sites on the webs I'd like to get some quotes from (here's one I was looking at http://www.bigbluesaw.com/saw/ .

Gotta get the numbers from both sides of the manufacturing fence before I decide . I'm hoping to find a "bro deal" somewhere along the bottle opener journey...lol

Until we get the manufacturing sorted out...Here's some more Predator Art..Well technically it's Xeno Art but there was a Queen in AvP1 soo..Here's My 1:8ish probablysmallmaybebigger Queen alien head... Sculpt and paint up.

Make's a nice paper weight..lol

Treading in new waters..

Awesome idea Mike!! After the little ones go to bed, I'll update the design here in a little bit with a can opener. :D I think I know where know where I'm going to blend it in at. The challenge is to keep theses as simple as possible. That way manufacturing cost are low and I can keep the price low price for everyone.

Let me know what you find out about manufacturing Mike, I seriously want to get this one made and in our hands. (y)

These will be very handy in the up coming Bath Salt Zombie Apocalypse..lol .. too soon?

Bath salts oh you mean the ones I put in my noodles? wait they are NOT for eating? oh ****....feeling hungry..

Anyway while I'm chowing down some people's face maybe you can finalize your design. These factories are very cut to the chase:
1-Whats the design look like and
2-how many pieces and
3-price per unit and
4-their MOQ

First we need to finalize the design and I also have to find out how they are gonna mass produce cuz I don't think water cut or plasma or iodine whatever
100 blades or 1000 blades gonna be in anyone's budget. So I'll sit back on this one until u guys have something to show and we'll proceed with sourcing it.

LOL you crack me up Mike!! I'll get on it right now. I was out in the shop taking a computer break. What file format should it be in .CDR . AI ? I've seen some places that take .BMP o_O . I'm new the whole CNC water jet file prep rodeo. The guy I'm trying to look into here uses .CDR (Corel, I'm sure your familiar with the file extension, that was more for those who aren't (y) )

Ok... What do you think? I added a saw.. :D

bladeopener2.jpg

Thanks guys your input is gonna make this an awesome project. I hope and pray we can get it to production some how.

I like this one better, the line flows better and It looks a bit safer to handle...lol

total lenth 4.41 in..
bladeopener21.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back