Quakevirus Predator Designs... Predator Blade Botttle Opener Status Update

I want one!
If all goes well bud sign me up for one!
  • count me in if you make that can opener bro awesome idea

What happened with the shirts?

Thanks guys! Here's where I'm at on these two projects.. I haven't heard from Art about the shirts in a couple weeks, I know he's busy and well to be honest it kinda worked out for the better.

Since I first messaged Art, I talked to my brother in Austin and worked out a deal with him. I can do a No minimum open type run and a very awesome rate for screen printed Lair shirts.

In my mind, it would go like this...... A sales thread would go up. Everyone who orders one will be added to a list . The list would be used to maintain the status of everyone's shirt - and the lair portion of sales that is sent weekly to moviepropsites. If Art wants to leave that last part off that's cool too.

EX: Quakevirus--Shipped--Portion Paid ..

Shirts would be screened in Austin then sent to me. I would press the member names under the pocket and ship.

It's gotta be organized.

My Blade Openers: In the same talk with my brother he might know some people in Austin that could possibly help this project along.

First I have to finish the commission gig I got making little figurines of his company's illustrated characters. He's setting up a booth at the Renegade Art Festival show in LA and I have until the end of the month to crank out about 20 robots boys and girls. Once I'm done with is figures, I pressure him about his buds with laser cutters and whatnots. (y)

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Next week sometime, a 4 color screen printing set up is supposed to be delivered to the shop. If the deal goes through, all shirts, koozies and etc I make will be screened in house by me. =)

No word from Art whether or not I can make and sell the lair shirts yet. The plan is still the same on my end, I screen, personalize and ship the lair shirts and the lair gets a cut weekly.

Got sidetracked from another project and came up with this design. Member name goes on the sleeve.

7654424786_e16d1121f0_c.jpg

Oh yeah, I've tracked down a laser cutter that might be able to help us out with a small run of bottle openers. Gimme some time.=)

Thanks for looking guys and gals! (y)

Looking good bud,

Like the idea on for the back and the member name on the sleeve end. Not sure on the front - I like the title I feel that is a must but not keen on all the tri-laser markings.

Maybe the the title on the font should be written across the chest and then something different underneath, not sure what however...... any ideas?

Like the idea though, just my two cents

Looking good bud,

Like the idea on for the back and the member name on the sleeve end. Not sure on the front - I like the title I feel that is a must but not keen on all the tri-laser markings.

Maybe the the title on the font should be written across the chest and then something different underneath, not sure what however...... any ideas?

Like the idea though, just my two cents

Thanks for the feed back Jason! I was just ******* around, trying out some ideas I had and having some fun in Illustrator when came up with that design (literally 10 mins tops). I'm not fully feeling the trilasers either. Not really sure where to go with it. As it is right now, It screams Unbrella corp to me. Meh, bla... can't make em anyways. LOL Once I get my screen printing setup installed ( next Friday it will be delivered..hopefully) I'll approach Art again about the Lair shirts.

Until then, I'm moving on to tracking down a laser cutter for the Blade openers. My contact is doing the renegade art festival in LA this week, so as soon as he gets back home, we are going to get to work on getting a run of Blade Openers made. (y)

Edit: ******* grammar

Email a laser cutting company in Oregon. Ill let y'all know what comes of it.

Blade Update: been talking back and forth with a laser cutter today. I hope to have all the details and payment settled for some stainless steel blades worked out by tomorrow and hopefully a plastic protoype cut shortly after. The first run I do of them will be a smaller 25 piece run. I guess it's time to start making a list. Where do I do that at?

Art never messaged me back man. o_O The shop I work out of is getting a screen printing set up here this weekend. I have a screening class on the weekend of the 11th. So after that I'll be ready to screen print theses things to order. RPF shirts too if he wanted.

Edit: Evidently, there was a glitch with the messaging system and Art never got my message. I digress, ya'll will be happy to know that after a quick back and forth with Art, I got the greenlight. After Art approves the final design, I will post it up along with a sign up sheet in the BST and we will go from there. :D (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
woooooooooooooooooooooooop!

Sign me up now!

Soon brother, I alotta prep work to do so that this goes off with out a hitch. (y)

Can't be bothered to type all the o's, but 2nd on the buying list.

(y) Cool deal bro!

Keep an eye out for the official sign up thread in the marketplace. I'll start making the big list at that time. (y)

glad I was kept on the list. thanks Jonathan (y)

Not a prob Lem! Can't wait to get the Blades out to everyone!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update Center: haha

Shirt update: I'm working on designs right now. I'm finishing up a few small projects that I need to get off of my plate before go full throttle with the shirts. After Art approves the final design I will put up sign up list in the Marketplace. At that point I will start making a list to get good idea of the how many of each size I need to order. Once the shirts are screened. I will then go down the list ask for payment, press the member name on the APPROVED spot and send them to there new homes. The send the Lairs Portion of the sales to Art/MoviePropSites weekly or every two weeks, which ever works best. Staff with get there shirts first and at no cost to them. Call it a perk for helping keep the sanity in this place. (y)

Blade Bottle openers: I talked again with the laser cutter today, more details were worked out and now I'm just waiting on an invoice for the first run. (y)

Edit: had another convo with the cutter just now. The blades WILL be anodized, I might add a small marking on it to kick it up a notch.. still undecided about the marking.

I'm checking on if something like this could be done.. I added the outline shapes and a trilaser target combo.
BladeOpenerwithDesignBiggeroutline.jpg

Thanks guys and gals for the response. I'll keep ya posted!

(y)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back