QMx & Other New Sonic Screwdrivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: QMx Sonic Screwdriver Thread

No, I happen to enjoy (and have done my fair study of) Greek Mythology and recognized it immediately...

Plug in "Aphrodite and Adonis" into Google images and just try and tell me that you can't seen the blatantly obvious analogies... Look at some other Greek Mythological painting like say for example a Google image search for "Zeus paintings"

It was pretty obvious to everyone what it was, you don't need much expertise to see the symbology or you to point it out. It doesn't change the fact that it's rubbish.

1561664fe90f85ee7a87364147f8df8cd628e3f2_r.jpg

...I guess I should move this to paper-props...

(EDIT: Should say "Is FINE ART" and "Hang on wall of Museum." What with all the greco-roman symbolism giving it gravitas and all...)

Last edited:

"The unfinished painting was supposedly created by a nobleman's daughter, Matilda, and appeared onscreen for a few fleeting moments."

We get a replica from a 'few fleeting moments'. Can we have a replica, from say, 'a long time on screen, spanning many episodes'?

"the unfinished painting was supposedly created by a nobleman's daughter, matilda, and appeared onscreen for a few fleeting moments."

we get a replica from a 'few fleeting moments'. Can we have a replica, from say, 'a long time on screen, spanning many episodes'?

quoted for truth.

Really it's not something I'm interested in but it's still sure to appeal to some that can laugh at it instead of go phobic...

That is a contemptable accusation. It's a prop that was badly painted and presented. And to choose that particular item that was onscreen for seconds as your first DW prop after offering no updates for a year is laughable. That was all I was getting at. Keep your myopic accusations to yourself in future.

It wouldn't have been so bad if it was a full size facsimile printed on canvas. That's the sad thing. A great opportunity to establish your chops and they produce a paper poster that cost cents to make.

How incredibly adult and intelligent. Let's get back to the QMx sonic shall we.... or has the thread gone the same way as said sonic. Permanently.

How incredibly adult and intelligent. Let's get back to the QMx sonic shall we.... or has the thread gone the same way as said sonic. Permanently.
I think it has. All allusions to Greek mythology making great paintings to the
contrary; I would say the proof is in the pudding (to mix a few metaphors :p ).

And the same works for their sonic which has "been in the works" for over a year,
with no news or updates concerning its progress.

For the record, my "This has to be a joke" was not an attack on greek art, but the fact that they'd offer a replica that was seen on screen a mere minute and a half compared to offering an update on the sonic...

I love art! I'm passionate about it. And I got the meaning when I first saw it on QMx's site. But I would rather have an update on the screwdriver than a poster. I'm sure a lot of people would agree!

I think people are deliberately missing the point. The frustration was always QMX's inability to bring a product to market rather than a discussion on fine art.

Actually to be specific, it was on screen (or at least part of it was) for approximately 13 seconds.

The first thing that's disappointing about this is that the actual prop replicas we want are probably never going to be made. The second thing is that the original prop painting was kind of a crap painting. It's not like it's quality art, it IS cartoony. And yes, a canvas print would have made it a legitimate offering, but we get it on a piece of glossy poster paper. This was basically the most disappointing prop replica they could have released.

I'm with Risu. QMX is never going to make a working 1:1 scale replica of the Tardis control room at an affordable price!

Actually, E-Wan, for me it is a growing irritation with QMX's ongoing dedication to trinkets, tchotchkes, crap poster art and low end garbage instead of the high-end prop replicas the company was supposedly founded for.

They appeared out of the ashes of MR, promising to "get it right," and so far they may as well just subcontract all their tinkery crap to ThinkGeek, let go of their high-end licenses and get the hell out of the way. If they can't handle the work, there are others who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back