QMx & Other New Sonic Screwdrivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Purely QMx Sonic Screwdrivers

OK.... so CT strikes again. LMAO. He finds a pic of me from an old scan I did, He then has the aid of one of your RPF members to spy and help him. That would be

"thetasigma"

Yup, this guy emails me to start up some garbage. I asked him to stop emailing. He then forwards my PM to CT so he can yet again post on his blog. Not cool. Oh... and CT.... I don't know what your sources say about me... but I'm far from a talentless hack.

Well. This guy might actually just be a CT sock puppet. He has like 9 posts and all are about CT.

But I would say, lets keep this thread as CT free as possible. I know getting harassed can get under one's skin, but the more attention that is paid to him, the more there will be to talk about.

I guess..... he claims I started this but he needs to read the postings again. I was being very general and nice about the entire thing. I wanted to keep anyone and everyone from talking crap about anyone. But, CT came in and had to personally attack me. Why? It was only aftre CT came in and did what he did that I asked everyone to basically avoid giving in to the crap. But, CT has to hide behind his great wall and not let everyone know who he is. God forbid we find out.... that would level the playing field a little. So what now? We keep this up until what? For how long? It's one thing to have differences... its another to try and ruin someones career. I think CT has overstepped here.

I will say... I like what he did with the "Kenney" pic from southpark but... still out of hand and way overboard to start a twitter. This kind of crap is what effects peoples careers. Even he should show some honor in that respect. He still has someone here because he knows what's going on. It's easy to say let's keep this CT free on the post but you guys don't have someone bashing your name and pic all over the net.

Since CT can't show himself to the world and the only real way for me to communicate with this guy is here.... I'll play.

CT.... what is the problem. What exactly did I do directly to you? You did start this my friend. I did see a lot of sonics and never came across one as close to the hero I saw. That was an honest statement. You had no right or honor doing what you did. It needs to end. It needs to end now and I'm asking you to put the gloves away. There is no reason this needs to go this far or this way. I don't know you and I had nothing against you until you had to make this personal. I'm asking you to remove the blog info you felt you needed to post. I'm throwing in the white flag openly for everyone to see. You win. The playing field is not level and it needs to end. I'm asking you to show some honor and retract the blog postings.

Since CT can't show himself to the world and the only real way for me to communicate with this guy is here.... I'll play.

CT.... what is the problem. What exactly did I do directly to you? You did start this my friend. I did see a lot of sonics and never came across one as close to the hero I saw. That was an honest statement. You had no right or honor doing what you did. It needs to end. It needs to end now and I'm asking you to put the gloves away. There is no reason this needs to go this far or this way. I don't know you and I had nothing against you until you had to make this personal. I'm asking you to remove the blog info you felt you needed to post. I'm throwing in the white flag openly for everyone to see. You win. The playing field is not level and it needs to end. I'm asking you to show some honor and retract the blog postings.

This should now be left alone. To quote a little Wrath of Kahn:
"I don't need to be a doctor to know the danger of reopening old wounds"

CT, (I tried to post on your blog but it won't let me do a copy paste to there and I'm not going to write this all over.... I wish it would let me)

First, I read your blog reply and I don't know what you want me to say. But, be honest... you mentioned me first. Read the thread. I tried to stay out of the entire fight. I made mention of the props that I sa out there were not 100 percent. And, that's accurate. Your prop itself is not 100 percent... correct? So why would you attack me? I didn't baskh your product at first. I never mentioned it. Everything is in the posts. It wasn't until you took my name and placed it on your site. When I saw that, I reacted. Do you blame me? I think everything above is enough said about the who topic. Do I think you have a good replica? Yes.... do I need to say that to gain your trust to remove your career damaging posts on your blog? NO. I'm saying it because its true. However, would I say its accurate to the one I documented at the studio? No it is not. This is a true statemnet and not at all bashing you or your work.

Now, you made mention that I'm pretty much a small person in the industry and a BSer. Well, when you make that statement.... I know you don't know me or my work. And, you are right when saying you didn't know who I was. For several years, I stayed off the grid from being hit by the fans to make them stuff. My last two projects were building Kate Beckinsale's machine pistols for the new Underworld movie and then next film I worked on comes out August 5th... Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I made lab equipment, I made all the serum canisters, and I made the special effects canisters. Now, for a high budget film.... I don't think FOX would let some small time guy build that stuff. Do you think?

SO lets look at some of your questions.

You ask me why I needed Nick. Well, the truth is is that I didn't. I was only going to make the 10th and the 11th... at least that's whay I was under the notion. It wasn't until after being in the UK for a few days that I was informed that they would like me to build all the ones you saw at Comic Con. I had access to the 10th that they had and all 4 11th scredrivers. I had 1 week with all of them. I never saw the other heros nor did I ever claim I did. I asked QMX if I could have Nick make me masters of the others he worked on to exact to wht he did for the show. Since Nick was finishing with Dr. Who, he could work with me on that. Since Nick didn't make the 10th, I made the complicated parts off my CAD I created of the hero from the show. I then gave him the parts to build and paint. He made one completed and one just assembled but painted. He also made the 11th. BUT, the 11th and the 10th sonics were really for me for my collection. That's why he build and or assembled those. I di not need him for those two because I had most of the data. Now, why would I say most? Becasue you are correct by saying you can't take the two screwdrivers completely apart. BUT, you can go pretty far before you hit glue. But, it doesn't take a rocket tech to see both ends of a copper tube and figure out the total length if the guy who built it says it one tube.

You made mention of the laser scanning proicess. Yes, you are correct in saying that there can be issues with reflection of the laser across shinny surfaces. I agree with that statement. You made mention that the studio would not allow me to prep the surface with any medium to min the reflection. You are wrong.... I did and was allowed to do that. So, my scan were rather nice and the parts cleaned up perfectly. Now, as you know, the scans do not give me a model. What the scanner is for is to give me reference material.... point clouds etc. I use Rapidform to reverse engineer. The scans I took were in case I didn't have enough time to get all the dimensions needed using calipers and micrometers. I could alsways fall back on the scans just in case. But, I did have enough time and I ended up with three drawing pads of sketches and dimensions. Did I use the scans? Yes I did to confirm my dimensions. When you create a model from a scan only, you need to figure out what the design intent was if you want to manually change data. Well, if I know what the dimension is and the scan is close.... well its good and no problems. This is how I did every part of the 10th and 11th. It is extremely accurate.

So now you ask about the paint. Well, if you know what it is... then you know the company hasn't made the paint in quite a while. With every passing month the shelf life on that stuff becomes a problem. I don't know what else you want me to say on that.

You ask for a number for me to give to the members here. Why would you do that CT? It's not ethical to do something like that to QMx. I haven't even finished working out numbers for the 10th or 11th because of three films I'm committed to right now. Without seeing what my final cycle time would be on every part of the 10th, I can't just give an arbitrary number to an exact... I can't. What your failed to mention is other factors I'm not included in knowing anything about. That would be packaging, licensing, utilities, workers, shipping, materials..... etc etc. So, I have no clue what the numbers would be for these guys. To be 100 percent honest.... I have no clue what my number would be. And, if I did... I probably wouldn't post it. Not becasue for fear that the members would be upset or pissed or anything..... but because its wrong and not ethical. We have two different economies between your country and mine. So, until I finish my pricing and get the cucle times down.... I just can't answer you on that question. Plus, I never know the number QMx gives. I find out when you find out and the's the GOD's honest truth.

You're now asking me why I'm asking the memebers what they want. Well, to be honest.... I want to build it they way I want so the majority is answered. But, I saw a lot of concerned memebers here and I'm trying to see if there's a happy medium.... some other solution. Just because I said that doesn't mean I can't deliver on my promise to give an exact replica of the hero I saw at the studio. It just means I needed to step back and do something different.... listen to the fans and what they want. That's it... there's nothing else to it and nothing under lying. Whether you believe me or not is not my problem... you're going to believe whatever you want.

Now, you said the reason for the attack is becasue I poked first. CT.... read the posts man..... I did no such thing. Did I tell people to not respond to you or purchase from your site? Yes, I did. But, that was after wht you did to me. You took some of my initial posts and assumed I was talking about you. That's not the case. I was staying neutral and not start anything with anyone. I didn't care what anyone made before me and I still don't. If you ask anyone here that knows me, they will be the first to say that I don't care if someone is making replicas without a license. I think its cool how members try and replicate stuff.... stuff I may have made. However, when they do runs for profit.... I think the studios would beg to differ and I don't want to even suggest I condone un-licensed replicas for profit.

Now.... I tried to answer all your questions without any BS and I did. Again.... I don't know you and I don't care what you make..... I will never bash ones work to promote mine... especially in public just because. I will only promote mine with the confidence that I got it as accurate as I could with what I had to examine. And, I still stand behind that. If I could only get it close..... I would say that. But, and CT.... I'm being honest.... I can get it exact to the one I saw. I have that much data as I'm sure you have. I'm not trying to blow any smoke up your ass to get you to remove all posts from your blog and stop any tweets. I don't have to. I'm being 100 percent with you. I'm asking you to remove the posts and remoce /stop the tweets because its damaging to my career. You have the upper hand and I could never fight with someone I don't even know. It's not fair and there's no contest. Just remove the stuff because its the honorable thing to do.

Last edited:

CT... for the record.... here is part of my first post where I first mention anything about any other sonics. You will notice that I said I saw some of the sonics out there. I also said I didn't want to point fingers. I also said I didn't want to get into any fights. If you read the entire post.... it was only about (and I said It was about) the QMx sonics. Here is the part that you responded to.

"12. This is Important. I have seen some of the sonics out there and I have not come across one with all the details as the screen used ones I saw on set. I will not direct or point the finger at anyone specific.... I just don't want to get involved with those fights.... lol. What I want to say is that I have seen people try and replicate my work and state they had access to the prop and its 100 percent dead on. Yet, with all those incidents, none of them had access and none of them were dead on accurate. So... why would they say this? To make the sale. Plain and simple. In the end.... I ask everyone to STOP.... TAKE A DEEP BREATH.... AND RELAX. We're all brothers on this tiny ball floating around in space. lol Just know this... I took every step to give you the most accurate props. I mean.... Nick is now involved with all this. Everything else doesn't matter, everything else that anyone made up until this point has nothing to do with the QMx sonics except what's in this post and the sonics will be exact and that is something I stand behind saying."

Somehow.... that got you mad and made me a target. Where did I push you? Believe me when I say.... I wasn't pointing at anyone specific at all. I saw some sonics out there and non were close to what I saw on set. Maybe those makers chose to idealize their props.... maybe they were going by pics alone. I don't know and I made it clea that it didn't matter because were talking about the QMx sonics. As for the thread getting shut down? I didn't do that nor did I ask for it. I didn't start the new thread either. So, look at the above and see.... I think you assumed it was directed at you. I didn't have to direct it at you.... you yourself say on your site state the following:

"Our products are all original work, original sculps, processes and designs that have been inspired by and reverse engineered from public domain material. Since we do not have access to the original props, we cannot claim 100% accuracy and as such we can only use artistic judgement in creating our replicas. We do not infringe any copyrights or trademarks or registered designs. Neither do we use the words 'Doctor Who' in our marketing. Our products are totally original and do not copy or counterfeit any publically or commercially sold product or registered designs. If we had moulded a commercially available watch or ring, we would be breach of copyright and can rightfully be accused of bootlegging or counterfeiting. As it stands, we have consulted with lawyers and we are deemed totally legal since our work does not resemble anything currently available."

So, you don't claim that your sonics are 100 percent.... why would I bash you for accuracy? Think about it CT..... you assumed wrong about my post man. I think now.... somewhere you can admit (or at least to yourself), that maybe you jumped the gun on me too soon. I'm certainly not the guy you made me out to be. I don't in any way make myself a big person as some may think. I'm just a guy that loves what I do and tries to do the very best and if it isn't..... it bothers me.

tCp90.gif

CT,
You say:

"Sorry, but you did bash my product without doing your homework. I never ONCE claimed 100% screen accuracy for that particular sonic. I'll be the first to state it isn't 100% accurate. It is, howver, more accurate than anything else to date and will be again. That part is not what I have a problem with though. My issue is you accused me of lying about prop access to get a sale. I have given you enough info to knock that allegation into a ****** hat. I laid down some facts. Do I have a point? Yes or no? I don't want a long winded qualification just a confirmation of the following statement: BASED ON WHAT I HAVE DIVULGED, DID I DESCRIBE THE DAMAGE AND DETAILS ON THE HERO PROPS, DETAILS THAT CAN ONLY BE GAINED THROUGH DETAILED EXAMINATION OF THE PROPS, ACCURATELY?"

I never accused you of lying to make a prop sale. Listen..... it wasn't about you. I already knew from your site that you admit you never had access to the original. I knew that. So why would I be accusing you? why? I'm not! I even did another post and took right from your site where you say you never had access. You wrote your reply before I was finished with mine or made the second post.

You say:

" I've never heard of you until now. You are not listed on IMDB. Your constant mentions of being in the industry set off alarm bells. What would you think in my position? If I'm wrong, I apologise. Just knock the industry mentions on the head. It's self aggrandisement of the worse kind."

I don't promote on IMDB nor will I. I have the prop master's emails and phone numbers..... I get listings of films or shows coming up so I can bid. IMDB has nothing to do with getting work as far as prop masters go. I mean a lot use it but I don't.

You say...

"Right....so why give a different reason in the beginning? This seems perfectly reasonable. You wanted a cool collectible for your own collection. Who doesn't?"

To be honest..... I made a deal with ANdy to keep the masters as payment towards the reverse engineering and CAD work I did on the 10th and 11th. I have very little props as far as collecting. I don't collect that much.

you say:

"I find that incredible that they would allow you to dump a load of talc or primer onto the props, especially since this would mix with the grease that you and I both know is packed inside the 11th sonic. But if you say they did, then I have no reason to doubt that. It would be interesting to see how exactly the knurling on the upper cage of the 11th behaved in regards to light scatter. Personally, I think it is too much shag when a resin cast would have been much more valuable in regards to surface data."

First... It definitely was allowed and it did happen. Second, the 10th and 11th sonics had NO greese on them or packed in them what so ever. To be honest.... the knurling can out fairly well. I also took a tracing of the knurling in addition.

You say...

" I know what the stuff is. I also know that the master manufacturer is still in business and knocking this stuff out. The repackager just has not imported it for a while due to the expense but I assure you it is very much available under other brand names in 5 litre packs. Someone is telling porkie pies."

If that's the case.... then great. The manufacture told me different. They wanted me to garanty to purchase a certain amount and they would manufacture a batch up. I chose to search for left over supplies.

you say...

"I never stated I could do it for $80. I said I can do one, to the same dimensions as the prop for within $80 of my current price. No one is asking you to be unfair to anyone. However, you should have a general figure in your head, double that and you should within $500 of a retail price. That's enough of a ball park. I don't think that is unreasonable or unethical. What is unethical is keeping people on tenterhooks with no price or timescale to go by."

I know... it was brought to my attention via email that I may have misread your posting and that was the truth. I went back and removed that part with an edit and then gave a reason that I misread what you said. You had already started writing this before I could make the correction.

You say...

"Sorry, but that just seems to me that you are fluffing the customer base to keep them excited whilst you figure out how to build these things. That's not a bad thing but you should still be clear as to what you are trying to deliver instead of taking opinions you are not going to implement. Either you know what you are going to build or you're not. You can't have it both ways."

CT... after all the heat of this thread.... I just wanted to step back and listen to the members. It looks like no matter what I do, you leave me no latitude. Its a damn if I do... damn if I don't situation. I haven't really ever posted on the RPF so after the heat was on.... I figured maybe I should see what this guys want. What it comes down to is this.... what I want to do. But, I'm not like that. I want people to be happy with what they get. So I don't know what else to say.... I'm not trying to string anyone and to be honest.... I do more damage to myself by helping them then not helping them. I could very easily build a prop and not give a rats ass what it turns out like. I can slap the old COA on it and sell it as is. You guys can tear it apart but at the end of the day.... I still made the sale. But again.... that's not me.

you say...

" The facts speak for themselves. You attacked me, you attacked China. How many other sonic screwdriver makers are there here? I don't see any except when I look in the mirror. We can split hairs but I am here in China, and over here I am doing nothing illegal. The BBC has no jurisdiction since Doctor Who is not distributed here or merchandised here. You took a subject I am passionate about and you dismissed it. That is a bad move."

I never attacked you or you people. Please don't make this a racist issue or anything like that. It's not. Don't say there's no one else that made these.... I came across plenty and none were exact like the one I saw. You say I'm referring to you because you think you're the only one that ever made one. That's the only thing I can imagine. I never directly or even remotely thought of you. To be honest, I really wasn't aware of you. I only chimed in because people were giving credit to people instead of where it needed to go. The store about the QMx sonics was getting all twisted and I wanted to set the record straight. That's it. Now, I know I made mention that you're not going to get the same quality or detail from being made in China vs here. Or something like that and quite frankly... I'm not going to look for my post about that. Because you took it wrong. When it comes to replica props made in China for licensed companies and when you're dealing with large runs..... dealing with China can be difficult. You give them a prototype and say make it exactly off that but then keep getting items that are totally wrong. You ask for remakes but then a lot of sacrifice is made on both ends and you eventually end up with something different. This is to account for mass production. Sometimes you can't recreate someting economically by making it as the original. So something suffers. If I make it here.... no one has to worry about going to another country to rip my ass to get it right. I'm here in the states. Next, I will make it exactly as the original.... even if that means each one get made by hand. Case in point..... the Tesla guns. Made by hand just like I did for the show. Each part has to be hand fitted a certain way. Now, without having someone from the states relocate to china to keep an eye on production.... it just never comes out the way you want. I wasn't knocking your country even if that sounded the way.... and I apologize if that's how you took it. I was just making a business statement. You mean to tell me that before ever knowing me.... you never knocked on the US? in any of your posts?

you say...

"Here's the deal: You acknowledge my statements regarding the prop details, you apologise for dissing me and my countrymen, and you do not make stupid hyperbolic claims in the future because I will be waiting for a slip up and I have friends everywhere who will provide me with the information I need to call you out the moment you **** up. Leave me in peace, I leave you in peace. If you do that, I will delete my previous three blog entries regarding you but keep these two up. If we play clean, this market is big enough for the both of us. May the best man win."

I don't know how to respond... other than....

you state on your site that you made your props with no access to the original. But then you make a statement..."BASED ON WHAT I HAVE DIVULGED, DID I DESCRIBE THE DAMAGE AND DETAILS ON THE HERO PROPS, DETAILS THAT CAN ONLY BE GAINED THROUGH DETAILED EXAMINATION OF THE PROPS, ACCURATELY?". Did you or di you not have access to the originals? Next.... I only ever saw you ask or someone else ask about the screws and paint on the 10th. If you mentioned anything more.... no I did not read what you asked. As for the different screws and paint missing from the prop on one side? That can be explained from various pics floating around out there and not from sitting down with the prop.... or even taking it apart for the matter. So, what is it? did you have it ro not? If not... then all you have is third party access or indirect photo access. I'm not going to post pics or information that falls under my NDA to satisfy you or anyone else. If you say you have the info and you know what it looks like, why do you need me to give you recognition with everyone here? I don't care what everyone else has. I don't. I know what I was given access to and I know what I needed to do to get what I needed off the originals to make these 100 percent. If you have pics and want me to validate... I will. Post and remove pics and I will validate your knowlege. However... what's the point. Why do you need me to recognize what you say is accurate? You don't need me.

you say...

"Here's the deal: You acknowledge my statements regarding the prop details, you apologise for dissing me and my countrymen, and you do not make stupid hyperbolic claims in the future because I will be waiting for a slip up and I have friends everywhere who will provide me with the information I need to call you out the moment you **** up. Leave me in peace, I leave you in peace. If you do that, I will delete my previous three blog entries regarding you but keep these two up. If we play clean, this market is big enough for the both of us. May the best man win."

CT... this is not acceptable. I think all posts need to be removed. that have anything to do with me with repect to bashing. I apologized for the China comment even when that was taken the wrong way. I can see how you could have misread me on that statement.... and I'm sorry for that. Making threats up to the very end is also not acceptable. I don't give into threats like this. I'm trying to work out a peace with you and remove anything damaging to my career or yours. All posts need to be removed. You can start a fresh post on my prop and I would expect you critique it just like the next person.... with good taste. If something is wrong or looks wrong.... post something and give me a chance to respond. If it's wrong.... I will admit it. PLain and simple. You are correct.... there is a big enough market for the both of us. Competition never hurt anyone. However, no threats from here on out... on both sides. All posts removed because its the right thing to do. This needs to be a fair clean slate. You say one thing and I say another..... we have both come to a "agree to disagree". Threats have no place anywhere. I never threatened you.... I never said I would do anything to you for what you did to me. So, it needs to end here.... right here. As for price which is really the one question I haven't answered..... I truly don't know. To make the project happen.... I have to make a certain amount of money to pay my overhead. I do this between movies or shows for QMx so this isn't what pays for the new shoes. Trying to keep costs down can be difficult. Plus... again.... your costs in China ar far (and I mean far) more cheaper than here. If they weren't.... why would a lot of US work go to China? It's about money. Now.... if you come here and make that props.... you're not getting the same numbers. Someone else said something about getting there prop done for around 300 pounds.... maybe it was from your site. But, 300 pounds is around $600 dollars here in the US. I mean come on.... not apples for apples. would you agree?

In the end.... please remove all the posts and start a fresh discussion on the QMx prop.... critique away. But in all fairness.... the 10th sonics at Comic Con was really not a finished piece entirely by me. So, that will not be the final. If it comes down to it..... I will personally send you a 10th sonics once the licensed version is released and you can critique it then. You'll be able to buy one anyway and copy if you want so it doesn't matter whether I don't send you one or do send you one. But at least it will be a final release and no question where it originated. I think that would be way fair. And... if you find that it's a really nice and accurate piece... I would expect you to say so.The ball is in your court. No more negative posts.... no more BS bashing etc..... let's say we end it right now.... remove all posts and start fresh. If you send me a sonic, I would gladly critique it for the work and not accuracy. Or I would do accuracy if that's what you wanted.

CT.... when I said I have seen sone of these sonics before. I meant that but I never said they were licensed versions or fan made replicas. I have seen both over the years. And that's what I was pointing to.... again.... not you. Listen, I pointed out that I was under the impression that you never saw the originals. I went by what you wrote on your site. You corrected me and unformed me you did see the props and showed me your post stating that. That alone should prove I wasn't talking about you and the comment about lying to make the sale was a point against most replica companies in the past that I know for a fact are BSers. They know who they are. You don't know me and I don't know you so it doesn't pertain to you. So let's end that question once and for all.

You had nothing to do with my comments! Period!

Now, I read your post from the link you provided about the sonics about you making points to details you say are on the props. You want me to verify your info to shut people up on the RPF about saying you're lying. You saying in your final sentence you want the truth and a apology.

First, I apologized for the China comment. That I understand could be easily misread/misunderstood and for that.... I apologized alread a couple times. As for the other stuff, I will not because I truly wasn't talking about you! If I was, I would say I'm sorry and move on. However, I really didn't know about you and I wasn't talking about you at all. The reason I got on the site to begin with is because people were making statements about the QMx sonics, about Nick and his involvement, and how everything was going down but failed some true facts. I got involved for that. The other stuff I was just trying to get everyone to calm down. You were not a glit in my eye! that's the truth. I will not apologize for something not directed at you at all. I have admitted here enough that it wasn't about you. So, for me to say otherwise would nit be the truth and not be what you want. You got the truth! I could easily lie just to end all this... bug I won't.

So, I have given you the truth and the apology for the China statement.

So, please remove all posts and remove/tweets and let's clear the air. You want me to give my complete honest answer to your details you say are on the props.... then remove the posts... all of them that have to do with me. I will give you the respect back and give an honest answer to your request to quiet members on that subject of whether you saw the actual props of not.

I really don't want to be doing this anymore CT.... I want it to end. Please remove all the posts.

One other thing.... I'm giving you the respect of calling you by the initials you use.... which us CT. I would ask the same respect in return... my name is Kenney. It's not ****.... it's not chum.... or any other name you can think of. So please... address me with the same respect I'm addessing you with.

Re: It was Purely QMx Sonic Screwdrivers...

Blimey!! Can't we re-open the old thread and move all of these CT posts on to that. This was supposed to be all about QMx's sonic only.

CT.... I replied to the above but the postings were all deleted. So, I will resound here one last time before it gets deleted again. I tried to post on your blog using one of the accounts needed and it will not post or preview.

You're very set on the notion that I was talking about you. I want to again say that I was not talking about you! I didn't even know who you were or anything about you. The entire reason for me getting involved with any discussion was to set some people and some facts straight about the QMx sonics that I would be making. when I was talking about how some companies will say anything to make the sale... that was intended for someone else and they know who they are. It had nothing to do with you.... why would it? At that time, I was under the impression that you never saw the originals and even stated that on your site as well as that your sonics are not accurate. So why would I crack on you about accuracy. It wasn't until after you mentioned to me that you did see the originals and then provided a link to that post stating so. That's the truth. I apologized for the "China" comment a couple of times already even though it was misread. I looked at my post with that in it and realized how that could be mistaken and I apologized. As for apologizing for anything else? I will not because it wasn't directed at you. You keep saying that there was no one else producing the sonics so it must have been you. Why do you insist that it must be you? There have been many sonics.... fan made and those made by replica prop companies. All made over the years. I was talking about all of the ones I saw. I also made a general reference to props I made were people insisted they had access to when the props never left my control. So, none of this involves you. I could easily lie for you just so I could get you to remove all the posts but I won't. It wasn't about you. When I got involved in any discussion, it was about a couple specific misrepresented facts which had nothing to do with you. I did even read that many posts there and had no clue who you were. I asked the everyone calm down and keep it about the QMx props. I stated that the props that I make should be compared to the originals and nit a replica against another replica. I don't think that would being fair to anyone. And why would you compare a replica to another replica for accuracy instead of against the original?

This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. You are asking for the truth and I gave it to you. You want me to confirm details you say are on the originals to calm people down about doubting whether you had the prop. I would be willing to take your listing of details.... look over my pics of the originals and state whether indeed you had access to reference materials to the originals. I con not say publically that you had control over the at any time (i think somewhere i read you or someone else stated you had all 4 11th sonics and took all of them apart) because to be honest.... I can't see the BBC sending you all 4 heros, to China, to an non licensed individual to examine. I know that would never happen. If you had a license, you would get one sonic. But even then.... I doubt it would leave there control. I had to fly to the UK to see these. So, how can you ask me to confirm that you had all 4 11th heros to tear apart? How? I can't confirm that. I can make contact with the BBC to confirm it if that happened. You made a statement that if I added any type of medium to the props to laser scan, it would stick to all the grease packed into the 11ths. There was no grease at all in any of the 11ths or even the 10th. They were all dry. But, I did add medium to the individual parts and I dud laser scan them quite well. Keep in mind that the scans were in case I didn't gave enough time with the props. It turns out I did and I ended up with three sketch pads full of dimensions taken with micrometers and a caliper. I also had radius and chamfer gauges with me as well. So, getting back to whether you had access. I can certainly look at all your listings of details and confirm or deny your claims as to knowing about the props at a certain level of detail but I can't say you had them. If you have pics of all 4 apart and you standing there... then I could confirm such a claim if the props are the real deal. Anyone can make claims they had the props but using pics.... pics anyone could have given you while they were in the UK. I already know of at least one individual that could have sent all of his pics to you. My point is that there is no way for me to confirm you had the actual props to tear apart.... how can anyone be asked to do that. If you say you had them.... then I can't say you didn't and I don't care if you did..... it has nothing to do with me or the props I'm building.

Why can't we end this entire bashing party and start a fresh discussion? I'm asking you to please remove all postings of me and to remove/stop any further tweets. Were not talking about a simple bashing over replica props CT. What you're doing has a negative effect and damaging to my career. That's a little overboard... don't you think? So, please remove all the stuff and I will engage in open discussions with you about your details you want me to confirm you know. I agree that there is enough market for the both of us. I don't agree in the threats. There is no need to threaten that you will keep an eye on me waiting for me to **** up. First, this isn't even a fair fight. No one really knows who you are. It's not even a level playing field for me to engage you and I won't try. Let's just end it and move forward. Again, I'm asking that you please remove all material related to me and we start fresh. If you can honorably remove that material, I will respectfully engage your requests and confirm your details of the sonics.

I apologize to the RPF for trying to communicate through here to CT. I tried to communicate through his blog but it won't let me. I'm just trying to communicate with him to resolve this. I have tried to inform him that I wasn't talking about him but I don't think I will be able to get him to understand that was the truth. I ask that the RPF leave this post up long enough for CT to receive it. I just want to resolve this.

Kenney, you really have to let this go and just focus on what your work is for Qmx. This thing will never go away if you keep fueling the fire.
Back on topic though - I think it is completely relevant to ask potential customers for their opinions on what the product should be...after all, we ARE your target customers Qmx. WE are the ones that will be purchasing the product and I'd like to see ONE company that takes their product seriously that does NOT listen to what their customers want.
I'm glad Qmx is open to the idea of at least hearing customers concerns - and that they have a kind, stable and passionate person to help relay that information.

What GeneralFROSTY said. The more you try to talk rationally to CT the more he is just going to take advantage and spew more venom. People who hate only want to hate more. CT said it himself in his blog that he lives for aggression or something to that effect. Just ask Andy to have QMx put a formal request to BBC's shark pool to handle CT and let go of it.

I want to state, once again, that it is wonderful to have you and QMx here and to see that you guys really want our input and participation as potential customers. I hope you continue here and also with your projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back