Pulse rifle counter

juno

Sr Member
Most of you folks know me because of my interest in Harry Potter props and replicas :love. Most of you don't know that my father is an electronics engineer with over 40-years experience (mostly in embedded systems).

He's decided to semi-retire, and he's been playing around with cool electronics props to do. He and Matsuo got together and designed a fantastic pulse rifle counter. I'll let Matt say more!

Here's video of the board in action:
YouTube - Pulse rifle counter board

And a lot more info on the board here:
Lightbenders

pr-board.jpg

My biggest gripe on every counter ever made was the size issue and power options.
This unit is barely larger than the Counter window bezel that it sits behind and can use anything from a 3-9 volt power source. It also uses a low profile LED so it sits more snugly within the shroud giving it a little more clearance for the magazine.

Another thing that I did away with was the barrel strobe and sound option. I know some folks like that but I really dont go in for those functions. We simplified the unit and saved a ton of space eliminating them all together.

More as it happens, we're beta testing now but from where I'm standing I see green lights all the way. :)

M

That is a sweet counter. Although not having a light and sound option is sad. I loved the ReplicantFX system I had in my PR. I realize that makes a set up more expensive, complex and is not everyones taste, but when you build a PR it isn't going to be a cheap prop to begin with. The ReplicantFX full system was under $150 if I remember correctly. Maybe down the road you can add a plug in sound and light module.

But, bottom line, it is nice to have another option coming to market. Awesome job guys!:thumbsup

Cool website too!

Ha! The X-Wing boards are being built, too.

Sound and light is definitely a possibility in the future, but not on this board.

that is a brilliant piece if kit. my question is what would would the possibility of making a light gate to replace the trigger unit so it could be used as an actual ammo count on a airsoft Pulse Rifle?

Juno, Lightbender and Matsuo, brilliant work and thanks for bringing it to us.

I've replaced my vacu-formed shells with one of Matsuo's resin set but was worried about space inside to replace my old digital counter. Sounds like problem solved.

So are these available for purchase now? Looked to be the case on the web site but Matt mentioned them being in the 'beta' phase but on track with green lights towards full production.

Ted.

Congrats Juno! Sounds like you will be helping a lot of people finish up there PRs in fashion!

All while giving your dad a new hobby! :)

(technically he isn't doing anything new to him but this should be really fun! You gotta give em something to do when they retire.)

Congrats Juno! Sounds like you will be helping a lot of people finish up there PRs in fashion!

All while giving your dad a new hobby! :)

(technically he isn't doing anything new to him but this should be really fun! You gotta give em something to do when they retire.)

His last job involved working with super conducting magnets. I think he really likes LEDs more. The only bad thing is that most of my prop interests don't involve lights (and I've studied electronics, and so can do most things myself). What do they say about the cobbler's children having no shoes?

that is a brilliant piece if kit. my question is what would would the possibility of making a light gate to replace the trigger unit so it could be used as an actual ammo count on a airsoft Pulse Rifle?

Do you have a link to a light gate? It's completely do-able.

Most of you folks know me because of my interest in Harry Potter props and replicas :love. Most of you don't know that my father is an electronics engineer with over 40-years experience (mostly in embedded systems).

He's decided to semi-retire, and he's been playing around with cool electronics props to do. He and Matsuo got together and designed a fantastic pulse rifle counter. I'll let Matt say more!

Here's video of the board in action:
YouTube - Pulse rifle counter board

And a lot more info on the board here:
Lightbenders

pr-board.jpg

69 is mt favorite number

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back