Profilies in History Hollywood Auction 62 exclusive lot sneak peek.

someone pointed out on another forum that the john wayne hat isnt authentic....there were noticeable difference then the hat on screen...especially the birds head facing the opposite way

Watch their TV show on netflix and you can get more insight on how they do things...

Rich

Yep, They are are often in a hurry to get things into the catalog and get taken themselves. I don't think there is a single auction house that hasn't had issues though, and they have to guarantee it so it is all returnable. They do want to protect their reputations. I think some of it will get pulled before the auction actually happens too. Still I think if you are a true fan that is buying this because of that, you probably did the research yourself. Many of the buyers are speculators though, and they kind of ruin every hobby, as well as the stock and housing market. Provenance will still trump a lot of other things though.

Andy

and they have to guarantee it so it is all returnable.

Wrong!

PIH.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back