Profiles in History's "The Dreier Collection" auction hammers $2.4 million

All of MoviePropCollector's RPF posts for the last couple of years:

http://www.therpf.com/search.php?searchid=6143079

Anyway who cares to review them will see exactly what your role is here, Jim.

I encourage fact based comments and research. It's the untrue, unsupported outbursts and incorrect assumptions I take issue with.

All of MoviePropCollector's RPF posts for the last couple of years:

http://www.therpf.com/search.php?searchid=6143079

And all your verbiage is just meant to distract people from the simple truth.

As for your use of the word, "verbiage". You may want to look up the adjective, transference, and how it applies to you.

If someone does or does not like a company, person, or thing, that's their prerogative. Having a dialogue or spirited debate is fine. Attacking those with differing experiences, views or opinions repeatedly is not.

MoviePropCollector-

I took the time to read your site and have found that you have written about Disney, Comic Con, Stan Winston Studios/Legacy Effects, KNBEFX, Propworx, Heritage Auctions, ScreenUsed, Profiles in History, Bonhams, Christies, Premier Props, Juliens and other subjects pertinent to the hobby. I find your articles to be a fun, interesting reading.

James

Thanks for your comments James.

I have always embraced the idea of first verifying facts before making statements as fact. I am sure it was pretty easy for you to do so. I find it puzzling why others have difficulty.

MoviePropCollector-

Apparently on this forum you need to be negative and trash everybody (at the very least Profiles in History) to be accepted.

James

While some appear to generate and enjoy that kind of input, I believe most just want to enjoy themselves, learn, and share with one another.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share your views.

Keep the facts coming MoviePropCollector. Facts to some of these people here has the same effect as kryptonite does to Superman.

James

Talking to yourself again, Jim?

Obviously not with 2,507 views and 81 replys in the thread.

You brought the subject up rk not me.

Your nonsense was responded to more than once with fact based information and you choose to ignore it.

Free country, your perogative.

You might want to visit other threads where facts are not presented.

You would do better with those.

Take care.

Wow after reading thru the thread I agree with a few points and disagree with others. Myself being a long term collector(not directly movie/TV film props) I see the disadvantages of items going up and down in the market and agree with points on that collecting should not necessarily be done for investment purposes as who knows if the items we collect now will be viable for resale in the future to the next generation
Of collectors and buying and selling items at an auction is a risky business with any type of collectible be it with any auction house.

I have personally dealt with many auction houses over the past 20+ year of collecting (again not movie/TV prop specific but I have dealt with PIH,Christie's,Heritage,Julien's and many that are no longer in biz that were around in the 90's) and I can find good and bad points with many of them. My #1 Gripe buyer's premium Grrrrr I bid on a few items in the Drier auction and in the long run stopped because of the added amount of the buyer's premium added on top of what the bids were...

While the Discussion of the Hollywood Treasure TV Show seems off topic to the original thread, I can say I was a fan of the show in the first season and mostly enjoyed it but now in its second season I don't like the new layout of the show and I hate the fake staged auctions that they now show I personally liked seeing the actual auctions.

I have read most of the links posted here and on Jims website. From what I could tell Jim writes about all different entertainment areas not just 100% about profiles as has been suggested by RKPeterson, who seems to have a personal grudge against Jim and Profiles...

Batfan-

I agree with you completely. I talked with one of the Hollywood Treasure production people at another event and she said most of the actual bidders did not like to be filmed while bidding on expensive items. So the season 2 format is what they ended up with, like it or not.

James

Wow -

I heard the rifle didn't sell in the Profiles 2008 or so auction. I wonder what the Driers ended up paying for it?

Personally, we've found Jason's posts on his blog and here to be incredibly helpful and very well researched. I'm not sure why the items that were sold wound up selling for so little, but I certainly would never consider a half-million dollar-plus loss to be even remotely good business. This just reinforces our desire to collect only things that we love...good advice given by someone on these boards, and a sentiment we whollly agree with!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back