Probe Droid, bigger, better, faster, stronger and lasts much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers bud, just waiting on an order then work will continue, really looking forward to getting the legs fully built and improved :)

This was the Vac form Kit that Mars did a while back, and I have to say now I've actually sat down and worked on it he did an amazing job, its all going like a dream so far and a massive hats off to Mars

The first rule of Smoking club is........

I think as I've lived with a PD for a while now and there is a huge difference between these 2 that I'm going to go full chronicles and have the missing parts added such as the extra dome detail and piping o the ankles, I've got the old Leg mount holes drilled as well as the screen ones, I want it to be a stand alone PD in a world of PD's.....then again I only no of 5 built or being built so far so come on folks get you **** together and build em......its by fay the sexiest thing there is apart from Kelly Le Brock and possibly that girl from the Fall Guy

I've said it before and I'll say it agh Rolando's kit is amazing considering the ref at the time, but this size wise seems to be almost perfect to the kit parts, the only reason some stuff doesn't line up exactly to the ref is through my own clueless ness

Good plan, you talking about the wires going to the claws on the "prototype" legs? I think that's a great detail to have on a Probe Droid.

I'm uming and ahhhring bout it but yeh, theres a ton of stuff thats post prototype but not def screen accurate, I'm kinda going post proto with this one in the same way the At-st had the ID's on the back plate from the Glue marks, on that I'd never added but this I want to, and the ID's are still coming in on it so its a challenge but worth it I think, I can always knock em off to make it even more accurate :)

Haha, true. Just make it so you're happy and it'll be awesome regardless.
Looks leagues better that the 'ol busted up real one, just by virtue of it not being subjected to filming and storage.

Guy read all this and you are another that out of the blue posts a fully built head !! wtf??
lol

its going ultra super and thank you for the kind words, worked and reworked size and shape if you remember a couple of times and tried a couple of ways!
yes definitely the best looking IMO of all the SW models, not sure if the hardest but the hardest I have ever done to scrachbuild.
the finished one looks phenomenal too and if thats the one you are going to sell its going to def set a new bar for pricing which works well for me.
the other good news about my PD pulls is that when I moved to Queensland the old guy from the Engineering shop retired and asked me to take the vac molds.
As I was packing to move interstate these bucks took a tremendous amount of room and were super heavy so.............they were thrown out!
they would have cost a fortune to ship overseas to anyone that wanted them, there is ONE person that may be selling a set ..... will find out if anyone is interested
like I said good news for those that have them, not so good for those that will ask for one when your is done and a thread is opened to display.
So I am hoping that you sell that rolandos for a gazillion bucks!
good progress and nice build mate.
Respect!!
mars
just don't sell the one you are building .

Last edited:
I will def not be selling this one mate, its the Rolando upgrade with stop mo legs thats being sold!! I will be keeping this one for sure, who needs 2 PD's, I don't think a PD with stop mo legs has been sold yet publicly so I won't be letting it go for a song I can tell you, it cost me a fortune to build and thats before its built

Its sad to hear the bucks have gone but also makes them more unique in a way so good and bad for PD lovers and owners.....Got to take a break on mine as am rucking to get it finished and starting to make mistakes so, a week off and back to it, hopefully will have all the parts I need then to get it rocking a look thats a first for PD's, though be it not the most accurate to screen.

Hats off again Mars, as it really is a replica and a half in every way

First of many none standard mods to pre Touring original state'ness, also using magnets to create an antenna mechanism thats simple and cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back