Presenting My Generations Klingon Bird Of Prey Model

bigtrekster1981

Well she's 99% done. I just gotta add the decals to the wings and distruptor mounts. I gave her a rust job to tone down the colors and it worked, and it was my first time doing a drybrushing technique. But anyways comments are welcomed.
icon_smile.gif
And pics are below.

Trent

Klingon Bird Of Prey Top View
KlingonBirdOfPreyTop.jpg

Klingon Bird Of Prey Bottom View
KlingonBirdOfPreyBottom.jpg

Torpdeo Tube Detail
KlingonBOPTorpdeoTubeDetail.jpg

Looks great. Love the rust job, really looks like she did in the movie. The colors look dead on. Always loved the bird, looks kind of star warsish. Ever seen the large scale resin kit, I believe it has something like a 27 inch wing span. Thomas Sasser of thomasmodels.com has an extensive build up of this kit in his links section. Should have a look if you haven't already.

Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I saw Thomas's build up of Warps 27'' BOP kit quite impressive. I don't think I could do anything that massive....well correction I'll be working on the PL NX-01 soon and the OOP Lunar Models Excelsior NX-2000 which is in 1/537 scale.
icon_eek.gif

Trent

You have your work cut out for you. I've heard that the Lunar excelsior, while impressive in size, takes alot of work to make it into a decent model. It really puts your scratch building skills to the test. Not to plug Thomas again, but, he has his buildup of the Lunar as well on his site and he did quite well. Did you ever see the kit put out by the Collective? Wonder how much better it was over the Lunar???? look forward to seeing more of your kits as you progress.

Bryan

Karl,

I don't think there's anything specific to the Generations version as there is to the Trek III, IV, and VI versions. They're all the same class D-12 Birds of Prey.

Bryan,

I was told that the Lunar Models Excelsior NX-2000 is a lot better as far as detail goes than the Collective's Excelsior model was. But I've never had a Collective's Excelsior kit so I wouldn't be able to compare, but from what my friend told me of this I believe him. Thanks guys again for the compliments.
icon_smile.gif

Trent

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
bigtrekster1981 wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Karl,

I don't think there's anything specific to the Generations version as there is to the Trek III, IV, and VI versions. They're all the same class D-12 Birds of Prey.

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

And the same filming model, I'm sure... Wonder if in fact they did do any repainting for Generations...(?)

Nice work by the way!
icon_wink.gif

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back