Presenting My Generations Klingon Bird Of Prey Model

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by bigtrekster1981, Jul 2, 2004.

1. bigtrekster1981

bigtrekster1981 Well-Known Member

Well she's 99% done. I just gotta add the decals to the wings and distruptor mounts. I gave her a rust job to tone down the colors and it worked, and it was my first time doing a drybrushing technique. But anyways comments are welcomed. [​IMG] And pics are below.

Trent

Klingon Bird Of Prey Top View
    [​IMG]

Klingon Bird Of Prey Bottom View
    [​IMG]

Torpdeo Tube Detail
    [​IMG]

2. bwize

bwize Well-Known Member

Looks great. Love the rust job, really looks like she did in the movie. The colors look dead on. Always loved the bird, looks kind of star warsish. Ever seen the large scale resin kit, I believe it has something like a 27 inch wing span. Thomas Sasser of thomasmodels.com has an extensive build up of this kit in his links section. Should have a look if you haven't already.

Bryan

3. bigtrekster1981

Bryan,

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I saw Thomas's build up of Warps 27'' BOP kit quite impressive. I don't think I could do anything that massive....well correction I'll be working on the PL NX-01 soon and the OOP Lunar Models Excelsior NX-2000 which is in 1/537 scale. [​IMG]

Trent

4. bwize

bwize Well-Known Member

You have your work cut out for you. I've heard that the Lunar excelsior, while impressive in size, takes alot of work to make it into a decent model. It really puts your scratch building skills to the test. Not to plug Thomas again, but, he has his buildup of the Lunar as well on his site and he did quite well. Did you ever see the kit put out by the Collective? Wonder how much better it was over the Lunar???? look forward to seeing more of your kits as you progress.

Bryan

5. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking good! [​IMG]

Ashamed to say I'm not up on my BOPs... what's specific to the "Generations" version?

- Karl

6. bigtrekster1981

Karl,

I don't think there's anything specific to the Generations version as there is to the Trek III, IV, and VI versions. They're all the same class D-12 Birds of Prey.

Bryan,

I was told that the Lunar Models Excelsior NX-2000 is a lot better as far as detail goes than the Collective's Excelsior model was. But I've never had a Collective's Excelsior kit so I wouldn't be able to compare, but from what my friend told me of this I believe him. Thanks guys again for the compliments. [​IMG]

Trent

7. Boba Flint

Boba Flint Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great! [​IMG]

Without a doubt my favorite ship from Trek.

8. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
    bigtrekster1981 wrote:
    <HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
    Karl,

I don't think there's anything specific to the Generations version as there is to the Trek III, IV, and VI versions. They're all the same class D-12 Birds of Prey.

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

And the same filming model, I'm sure... Wonder if in fact they did do any repainting for Generations...(?)

Nice work by the way! [​IMG]

9. bigtrekster1981

Ah okay...I had a feeling that they just repainted the BOP for Generations.

Trent