Predator Names

The only Predator names that are of any relevance (as far as I'm concerned) are as follow -

Anytime
Lone Wolf (Pussy Face)
Ram
Boar
Boar, JR.
Doppelganger
Greyback
Hippie
Onyx (Borg to most)
Gort
Snake
Broken Tusk
Scar
Celtic
Chopper (He did none of this)
Wolf

These Predators were on screen. Well, why even mention the Predators from Avp, Rob? Here's why - I believe the Aliens Vs. Predator concept is solid... which is why I mentioned Broken Tusk. However, the director for Avp and the director(S) for AvpR were so bad that I can only compare them to cinematic cancer- and they should never direct anything again. That, and Hollywood wants everything done yesterday. Anyhow, the characters have respectable names without getting way to involved in the Predator mythos. Well, except for that Mayan Pyramid ******** which remains one of my biggest peaves of all time. I really wish AvP had never been made. Seriously, there are children starving outside of our doorsteps here in the US, and they make AvP? I think that money could've been put to better use.

As far as I'm concerned, the term "Yautja" is a blasphemy up on the Predator. when I was a teenager, I picked up one of the Aliens Vs Predator novels (notice how I didn't say AvP) and got about 1/3 of the way through it. Before I threw it down and said this is CRAP. It was crap because it was someone trying to fill in the blanks that didn't need to be filled in. I saw names of the Predators that remarkably resembled that of "Klingon" talk. Oh yes, I had a friend who was totally into Star Trek as a kid, so yeah. So now you want to impose the Star Trek universe on the Predator just to give them names? Oh come on. "Da'chande"... oh come on. His name is BROKEN TUSK. I seriously wish I'd never picked that book up.

Alright kids, here's what's up. The Predators are mysterious, and they (as far as I'm concerned) will always be that way. You want to know the "how's and why's" of what they do.. too bad. You don't need to know. You really don't - and don't get me started on that twat who tried to explain their mating rituals. Yeah, the female is a thousand times the size of a male, and tosses him around whatever, blah, blah, blah, I'm a man hating ****. Anyway, **** off.

Regardless of which you prefer, the Predators on film work so much better than the ones in the comics. Sure, I'd love to see something with Broken Tusk, but that's just not gonna happen. AvP was a ****-fest that could've been so much more. The potential was endless!! And it was all squandered by a douchebag. That very well could've been his time to shine. But we'll never know because movie studios are run by *******'s who think they know what's good.

Here's something else, too - from a fan - Mr. Rodriguez - Take your "Super" Predators and shove them up your ass. I as a Predator fan do not want something new and exciting. I want to see the Predator again in all his glory. I want to see the Predator doing what he does best. Not hanging off of something only to fall to your SUPER DUPER Predator. I think what we all want is another Predator film. You figure that out, get back to us, and you make it happen. Keep in mind, we as fans have had over decade of ******** thrown at us.

Hear, Hear, I agree with all that!! AVP REALLY SUCKED! You go Eaglewood. We as fans should make the ultimate Predator movie. I get pissed with all these movies cause there is too many humans in them. The only movie I can tolerate the actors is Predator. That movie is a work of art in it's own right, not to mention, the ultimate guy movie. When I go see a PREDATOR movie, I want to see convincing Predators, NOT PEOPLE .

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Yautja_language

Here ya go!

Just going to ignore that link and pretend it doesn't exist.

I two total agree with Robillicus the predator is mysterious and little is known and that is how it should stay, going indepth on the predator language and how they eat, s#@$ and mate is total irrelevant and would destroy the predator background story.

Just going to ignore that link and pretend it doesn't exist.

I two total agree with Robillicus the predator is mysterious and little is known and that is how it should stay, going indepth on the predator language and how they eat, s#@$ and mate is total irrelevant and would destroy the predator background story.

I really am not into the language, culture, breeding, eating habits, etc of the Predators either-- I just am more interested in somewhat the language-- how they communicate-- the rest is doesnt matter. Just posted the link for info sake.

I really am not into the language, culture, breeding, eating habits, etc of the Predators either-- I just am more interested in somewhat the language-- how they communicate-- the rest is doesnt matter. Just posted the link for info sake.

Sorry if I offended you in any way, was not my intention.
Just annoys me when someone comes along and starts deciphering the pred language.

WHY JUST LEAVE THE LANGUAGE BE!

its human nature-- curiousity-- the want and need to know --if you stop learning then you may as well just die.

and who would be the final authority anyway on the language translation?? Who can say we actually got it right? HMM that would be NO ONE!!! its all speculation and personal interpertation anyway. why not have some fun with it. Can you imagine a a bunch of preds at a con or meeting talking in pred language and actually understanding each other-- would that be cool or what?

So its all in fun and such anyhow-- dont be so serious about it. Not like its gonna affect your life anyhow.
And no offense taken-- we all have our opinions about things.

Name: Nuori
Other info: double threat, is an experiment that gave a human girl the body abilities and mind of a predator and she is truly evil. She killed her creators and is no officially a bad blood nor is she a normal yautja as she works for both sides.

Greetings and salutations,

You'll have to pardon me, but, I need help figuring out a name for a young yautja (sorry for those who don't like the term) warrior for a story I'm working on.

Normally. I'm good with names, but in this case I'm at a loss.

The character is brash, a touch headstrong, still a bit rough around the edges. Kind of like an older brother of mine who in his younger years was dumb enough to hunt rattlesnakes with a piece of plastic...in sandals. He learned his lesson and I got some rattlesnake tails out of it. Smart, but at the same time...kind of dumb learns as he goes kind of guy.

I'm debating between a warm tawny hide or a cool green teal hide.

I was fiddling with something like "broken spear"...but it seems rather plain.

Any help would be appreciated, also I'm a little green around the concept of clans. Any recommendations?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back