Predator 2 headpiece Progress thread

Kithunter

What's up pred nuts

I give you the P2 headpiece WIP. this will be only for display

this piece was sculpted by our very own Tree lee (usurper)....

A quick little background on the painter ..i'm fortunate enough to work along side this person and his skill level as an airbrush artist is mindblowing.

His name is Boris Zlotsky he has been featured on the cover for airbrush magazine and album covers for ELO as well as pieces for the united nations. (google his name)
ok long story short i got the headpiece from lee and asked boris to see what he could do, gave him some ref pics and in 3 days the guy returns with this

P2_progress.jpg

there is still a ton of work to do but i wanted to share it with my bros on the board

Next is teeth, quills and dreds and neck ring...

P2_progress.jpg

holy ****, that is a masterpiece, well done Andrew on having some very talented friends ;)
and i love Lee's P2, so happy with mine

thanks for the feedback guys, best part about working with boris is he is super talented and a very humble guy. i knew once he came to interview with my co. i wanted to work with him.

I asked him to take some progress shots along the way. Post those later but wanted to share the eye candy with all of you

here is an article on him and some of his works...
Boris Z

Seen better. Only kidding, this is wonderful and I need to check this guy out.
BTW how do you (kithunter) get to meet all these guys, Joe Dunnaway, Boris etc.?

Love the way the details have both soft and hard edges, so it looks less like a paint by numbers and more like a living thing. Kudos to the max.

thanks for the positive feedback.

I've been blessed to meet and get to know many talented folks either through the lair or in my personal life.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back