Pred WIP P1 adaption (pic heavy)

Splice

This is my attempt at a Pred costume. I started out with a Mr. Incredible costume, a Termokk P1 mask, and apparently a knock-off of, I think, a Biohunter bio off of ebay. Sorry man, I was new. I put some plumbing PVC elbow type shoulder pieces on here to see what it would look like If I trimmed it up, but I'm not liking them so I think I'm going the Vinman approach with Sintra.

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

I started putting the base coat of paint on the face. I used Prosaide and an acrylic paint mix, cut with water, on the face.

photo2.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

photo3.jpg

Here is the bio painted up for now. I think I want to detail it a little more. Depends on how much time I have left when I get the majority done.

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

I also started the Pred hands. i used Nitrile work gloves, monster fingernails from a Halloween store, and latex. I had some fingerless leather gloves from a previous costume that I will mod too.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

I started putting a little more detail into the mask. I picked up a 15 buck airbrush gun from Harbor Freight. Works like a champ, at least for me for the price.

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

Did a little more shading on the face, added the base coat on the suit, and started detailing that too.

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Last night I added the teeth to the mask. I did a few color washes to try and get that tusk type look.

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

i was going to say dude the body just looks wrong.. but when i seen the pics of it with paint on it. i have to say its coming on real nice...

what are you using as a mannequinn.. i think it is distorting how the suit is going to look.. you should thrown it on for a test fit.. Kudos to you .. job well done so far

I am using a duct tape dummy for a mannequin. I got in a bit of a rush to start and I think I made the pvc skeleton an inch or two too wide at the hips and shoulders. I tried it on today and I'm going to make some adjustments, I just wanted to get a decent portion painting in case i couldn't get it back on the mannequin. All in all, it fits pretty good. Here are a couple of pics with it on. It would be great to get some feedback on the progress.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

I think everything is shaping up very nice ..here is my only critique..and you can still do it with minimal effort and a slight repaint ..the cotton bumps that you went for on the shoulders look exactly like that ...uniform sized cotton balls. take some cotton batting and pull it apart ...spread it around, over and around the bumps ..then start applying latex over that ..you can speed the curing process up using a heat gun ..it will give more texture and will fill those gaps between the cotton balls. If you wanted to take it further ..you can do the same between the muscle definition points ..it will take away from the hand sewn muscle look

Good idea PTGeek! I agree with him as well. I saw a few members do that exact same thing in there post. The results are amazing and most of the time it doesn't look like it was ever even stitched together. Great work man.

I think everything is shaping up very nice ..here is my only critique..and you can still do it with minimal effort and a slight repaint ..the cotton bumps that you went for on the shoulders look exactly like that ...uniform sized cotton balls. take some cotton batting and pull it apart ...spread it around, over and around the bumps ..then start applying latex over that ..you can speed the curing process up using a heat gun ..it will give more texture and will fill those gaps between the cotton balls. If you wanted to take it further ..you can do the same between the muscle definition points ..it will take away from the hand sewn muscle look

Thanks for the advice. I actually took a break from the painting because I didn't like the look of the cotton balls. I started making the armor to see how much of the shoulders and back it would hide. The batting is a good idea. The only problem Ive had with using that is that to me it's hard to shape. Maybe I'm using the wrong stuff. I should have some armor pictures up later today or tomorrow.

I like the paintup! looks realy good. the colors are a little more orange, kinda a trace of P2 in his blood lines! very cool tho i like it.

Been a long weekend, but I got a pretty good start on the armor. Chest and back plates aren't finished, I just wanted to get the basic shape to start building on. Everything is made from Sintra. Vinman's templates gave me a good start. Thanks a lot man, you're awesome.

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

Woooo Im loving your paint up, yeah I would have to agree, your cottonballs look.. a lil out of place, but that was brought up already. Keep up the strong work. Im liking your armor too! :D

It's been a little bit since I posted. I've been trying to get everything ready for Halloween. I've just about got everything ready. Here are some armor pics. Everything is made from sintra and foamies. No real pattern, just kind of winged it.

Gauntlets

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Shoulder Bells

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Torso Armor

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Crotch Plate

IMG_0079.jpg

I've got a few more pics I'll post here in a few.

I repainted the suit a little bit darker and took the cotton balls off. I appreciate the suggestions. I didn't have time to fix the abs, but I'll prob do that later on.

IMG_0082.jpg

Here's some of the armor on

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

I got my dreads today too, thanks to biohunter.

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Almost done.

I finally got everything done on my suit. I think it turned out pretty good for a Halloween costume. Thanks to everyone that helped me out along the way. This was a lot of fun.

DSCN0584.jpg

DSCN0587.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0592.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0589.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back