Possible FN P90 Mod?...

laserpistol76

I found this Nerf-like toy blaster, called the Air Zone Quickfire Sniper and it's practically a FN P90, although it is supposed to be a rifle. Does anyone think it could be modded to make a FN P90 prop?
PA256326.jpg
PA256313.jpg

PA256319.jpg
FNP90Side.jpg

If you wanted it as a static prop then I'd say yes, definitely; however if you wanted it to still work it looks like you may have some issues with the magazine placement..
Good find though, I may have to look into getting one!

If you wanted it as a static prop then I'd say yes, definitely; however if you wanted it to still work it looks like you may have some issues with the magazine placement..
Good find though, I may have to look into getting one!

I think so too.
If you look at the where the mag would be on a real FN P90, there is a moulded area that looks like it's meant to look a bit like bullets inside a magazine.
Closing up the real mag-well and doing a decent paint-job would result in a (convincing at a moderate distance) FN P90 prop.

What's nice about this one is that the P90-ish part of the gun can come off. What I don't really like is how the back grip space is too long.

Yeah, Airsoft P90 is the best way to go I think. Just hit some Hong King Airsoft websites (ehobby Asia, rsov, ...), you'll find several models around 100-150$ that are good replicas. Best one would be the Marui, but it's overpriced as hell in my opinion...

Agreed, there are some really affordable options for the P90 in airsoft. This is a cool seburo styled prop though, I might have to pick one up just to mod it out a little!

:)

if you're going to spend 100 bucks, i suggest wholesalecentral.com/globeproductsupply/store.cfm

go to plastic gear electric rifle and they sell WELL brand P90's for 23.50

only catch is minimum 100 dollar order.

I'd have to agree with the airsoft option rather than the mod. I know I would if I could!

Airsoft isn't allowed over here in Australia and for quite awhile now I've been toying with making a P90 up from scratch. I've drawn myself up some blueprints in CAD and looking at your nerf gun the finger holes and trigger are exact!... but that's it. The charging bolt is where your mag needs to go and the front section where the dart magazine goes is way too long so if you wanted it to look like a P90, you've got to lose that section and do some major modding to the area. If you want it to still fire nerf darts well, it's not going to look much like a P90, perhaps one of the anime P90 hybrids that seem to be out there?

As an accurate P90 mod you'd have to do a lot of work to it, making the airsoft option much more viable if you really had your heart set on an accurate prop replica for a costume or something. As a cool P90 hybrid toy mod I'd say you're onto a real winner though. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back