Possible Fake ROTJ Saber

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone remember a fake ROTJ lightsaber that had an authentic control box?

Distinctly, BrundleFly has an AUTHENTIC full cast with a sunken rear-half of of the control box, and I've seen this on multiple casts floating around the internet. There was a fake metal hilt sold with a resin control box with this exact feature not too long ago. It looks a lot like this metal saber with cast box from 1995.

1995scan3.jpeg
1995scan1.jpeg

It was sold with a DL-18 stunt cast with a cone sight and different side greeblies. (Blaster appeared in a 1994 auction as well)
Dec1994ChristiesCroppedGx.jpeg

Does anyone remember a fake ROTJ lightsaber that had an authentic control box?

Distinctly, BrundleFly has an AUTHENTIC full cast with a sunken rear-half of of the control box, and I've seen this on multiple casts floating around the internet. There was a fake metal hilt sold with a resin control box with this exact feature not too long ago. It looks a lot like this metal saber with cast box from 1995.

View attachment 1683134View attachment 1683135

It was sold with a DL-18 stunt cast with a cone sight and different side greeblies. (Blaster appeared in a 1994 auction as well)
View attachment 1683136

Thanks for posting this. This is really interesting. Is there a photo of the fake metal hilt with a resin control box to compare #193 to? And #193 has a resin box also? It’s difficult to tell from the auction book photo, but it is notable that 193’s box’s sheen or lack thereof doesn’t match the rest of the metal body. Otoh, the sheen on the real ROTJ hero’s box doesn’t match its body either.
But I agree that 193 doesn’t match the hero, as the booster rings, glass triangles and neck paint job differ between 193 and the hero.

I'm thinking of one seen on Pawn Stars recently

It has a broken resin control box attached to a metal saber body. The control box looks to have this same defect. Also, that wide emitter plate...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back