yourgeekfix

pipboy 3000.jpg

If you purchased the Pipboy 3000 Special Edition, you are aware only two lights work and there is no way to access the phone buttons while it is inside the Pipboy. This is my modification steps for adding a working button, more lighting, and making it rechargeable with a recharging stand. You can also watch the video. However, I will be attempting to give more detail here and explain a few mistakes I made along the way.

Last edited:
The first issue is the phone. Phone sizes after this was made tended not to fit it. The best and most exact fit was the Samsung Galaxy J3. It is the perfect fit and I don't know if other phones will have buttons that will work with my modification. So, let's start there. This is also a very cheep phone at this point, which is important since we are going to be permanently placing it inside the Pipboy.

Last edited:
Overall a good set of modifications. The white crusty stuff is probably oxidized zinc from the hammered paint (As those paints have metal particles also). Some acrylic washes at the very end could also tie the panels together. Also, the Pip-Boy 3000 is the Fallout 3 / New Vegas model. The Pip-Boy 3000 MK IV is the Fallout 4 version.

Overall a good set of modifications. The white crusty stuff is probably oxidized zinc from the hammered paint (As those paints have metal particles also). Some acrylic washes at the very end could also tie the panels together. Also, the Pip-Boy 3000 is the Fallout 3 / New Vegas model. The Pip-Boy 3000 MK IV is the Fallout 4 version.
Thanks for the information. I often leave off the MK as I also failed to do with the 2000.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back