Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

It's owned by a guy named Eric Sellin. He was the guy dressed as Doc standing next to it in most shots.

Very cool guy.

-Nick

heh, I didn't think universal would ship a screen used car out there ;o). but I was trying to decide if it was fan owned or not. something about the time circuits looked off to me(but it was probably just the camera flash washing out detail), so my guess was it was fan owned ;o)

Last edited:
I don't understand why they chose to make it look different from the movie. It would have been just as easy to make it spot on. If I knew how I would make a custom screw on cap for the bottle with the flip top and straw. Then use the decal from eBay. I would have two bottles. The modded one and a normal one for the collectors value.

Last edited:
I don't understand why they chose to make it look different from the movie. It would have been just as easy to make it spot on.
More stable? The original has a tiny base and would be top-heavy.

More capable of holding pressure? The shape could just be better suited to the types of regulations that a food and beverage manufacturer has to abide by. I'm sure when manufacturing bottles they have to be rated ABOVE the max PSI they'd encounter.

More stackable? In manufacturing they often have to be aware of how high they can stack the bottles for storage. With a extremely narrow hourglass shape it could cause the bottles to buckle under the weight of other boxes on top of it.

To fit exactly 16.9 ounces in it? They already have bottling equipment set to fill 16.9 ounce bottles, and in order to not slow their normal bottling line down they could run these at the same time as their normal bottles rather than having to set up machines exclusively for this run.

To fit the standards of their equipment? Similarly, their bottle tracks in the machinery are set to a certain width, I'd bet that if we measured a standard 16.9 ounce Pepsi bottle and this bottle, we'd find they are the same width. Again, preventing them from having to take a full machine offline just to do a limited run.

Limitation of the technology? This is actually the guess I've been tending towards (Along with the previous two). The SU bottle is very slender, and I doubt that once the previous two criteria are met that a traditional blow mold would consistently expand the plastic below the narrow section. So in an attempt to have as little waste as possible and keep the cost affordable, they changed the proportions to better fit the process.

...Take your pick. There are lots of logical reasons why they chose to make them different. Most come down to time and cost. And all of that makes sense for a company who's primary business is not accurate replicas, but selling soda. If they slow their soda productions down, they lose money and we'd never get this run.

-Nick

More stable? The original has a tiny base and would be top-heavy.More capable of holding pressure? The shape could just be better suited to the types of regulations that a food and beverage manufacturer has to abide by. I'm sure when manufacturing bottles they have to be rated ABOVE the max PSI they'd encounter.More stackable? In manufacturing they often have to be aware of how high they can stack the bottles for storage. With a extremely narrow hourglass shape it could cause the bottles to buckle under the weight of other boxes on top of it.To fit exactly 16.9 ounces in it? They already have bottling equipment set to fill 16.9 ounce bottles, and in order to not slow their normal bottling line down they could run these at the same time as their normal bottles rather than having to set up machines exclusively for this run.To fit the standards of their equipment? Similarly, their bottle tracks in the machinery are set to a certain width, I'd bet that if we measured a standard 16.9 ounce Pepsi bottle and this bottle, we'd find they are the same width. Again, preventing them from having to take a full machine offline just to do a limited run.Limitation of the technology? This is actually the guess I've been tending towards (Along with the previous two). The SU bottle is very slender, and I doubt that once the previous two criteria are met that a traditional blow mold would consistently expand the plastic below the narrow section. So in an attempt to have as little waste as possible and keep the cost affordable, they changed the proportions to better fit the process....Take your pick. There are lots of logical reasons why they chose to make them different. Most come down to time and cost. And all of that makes sense for a company who's primary business is not accurate replicas, but selling soda. If they slow their soda productions down, they lose money and we'd never get this run.-Nick
Or they could have just made them like souvenir cups and sell them empty. That way they wouldn't be obligated to put required markings on the bottle and save on materials to fill them with soda. I would still buy it for $20. And taking a machine offline to only make 6500 bottles wouldn't take very long seeing how much bottles they already pump out. I'm sure a multi billion dollar company could spare a day without one machine for normal soda if it would even take that long. I think they just didn't want to take the time to reach out to who ever knows the dimensions of the real bottles and just made a bottle that just looked similar.

I haven't seen those decals on eBay, but is the logo printed there? A really screen accurate decal would be cut out of three different Vinyl sheets (silver, red and blue). No print! Sounds like a job for my cutting plotter. :D Would people buy that?

Yes it is printed. I'm looking at it right now. It's perfectly flat. I would be interested in a screen accurate decal from you once I get a Pepsi perfect.

Ok guys, I just drank part of one. I filmed it. I'll post it when I can but I might take a couple days. It tasted like Pepsi.

And someone asked, the container the bottle comes in seems watertight.

Meanwhile, in the Other Realm...

bVHiEhI.jpg

And someone asked, the container the bottle comes in seems watertight.

Thanks, that was me. Good to know!

About the bottle shape... I understand the desire for super-accuracy as much as anyone else on here, but I personally like what Pepsi has done, even if it's a little different --- because it's REAL. Here we are in Oct 2015 and they've released a real product that captures the spirit of the movie bottle. Awesome!
Like others have said if you feel the need, we can buy a 100% accurate rep from talented people on this forum.

Here's a near perfect looking bottle I just found on YouTube, if not perfect!
This guy seems to make them out of glass.
The only thing with glass bottles is that the bottom inch is in full glass, which makes it look clear instead of filled with soda. Other than that the shape and overall appearance is pretty spot on.
I want one ASAP!

http://youtu.be/9JnAthXIF7Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hope so too. I send him a message. Soon as he replies I'll let you guys know.[emoji106]

Here's a near perfect looking bottle I just found on YouTube, if not perfect!
This guy seems to make them out of glass.
The only thing with glass bottles is that the bottom inch is in full glass, which makes it look clear instead of filled with soda. Other than that the shape and overall appearance is pretty spot on.
I want one ASAP!

http://youtu.be/9JnAthXIF7Q

Wow! They look amazing. Would definitely like to own one of those bad boys!

By this do you mean flimsy? Because normal soda bottles are a little flimsy even when fully filled and even more when empty.

Compressible by squeezing, but not so thin that you have to worry about breaking it or even that you'll "wrinkle" the plastic with a decent squeeze.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back