Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

I have good news and bad news regarding the Argentina bottles. Good news: I found 3 sellers willing to offer me at least one Argentina Pepsi Perfect bottle. Bad news: one seller wants $230 per bottle, another seller wants $250, and the third seller wants in excess of $300 each. One seller told me, "
they were just 100 of a limited edition. There are sellers who want $ 1500 for each bottle." I don't know how true that is. What do you guys think? :unsure​

holy crap! i won't spend that much, i wonder how many gary bottles you can get at that price, yikes! i tell ya i have never scalped a product... not once and i consider myself a pretty big collector of all things.. even in the car parts world i have many rare pieces and i let go for dumb prices... i get lectured all the time by it, i would never make a good sales man thats for sure...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had read somewhere that there were 700 bottles made. You wanna know the craziest thing?? The way people won them was by being one of the first 500 people to answer this question: How fast was the DeLorean going to go back in time? :facepalm

Hi RPF, I've been lurking here for the past week after BTTF day, but seeing the post about PP being released in Uruguay made me register. Now I live in the US currently, but I have family in Uruguay, so the post really intrigued me, because I could get myself both versions of the bottles. So I did some reading..

For anyone wondering about the Uruguay bottle, in the LIFE Cinemas facebook page, I found this post from October 26,:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153253367521446

GHqGuYZ.png

For anyone wondering, they basically said if you share this post, you have a chance to win tickets for two. This was posted on the 26th and they already chose their 10 winners on the 28th. Then they did that special premiere for them on the 29th. So we can guess about only 20 Uruguayan Pepsi Perfect bottles were given out to the Uruguay public. The event we saw on Twitter was a special event on not open to the general public, as evidenced from other Urguayans asking in the comments section. Just like us, there's a lot of fans that weren't able to enjoy the event.

So yeah, we can lay the "possible promotion" idea to rest. It looks like a wide release ain't happening in Uruguay.

So yeah:

USA Amazon release ( our standard version)

Mexican cinema release ( looks closer to screen used then USA release)

Argentina special contest release ( looks like Mexican version but better cap)

Australia KFC release ( Not yet released but looks like exact copy of USA release)

Uruguay facebook contest release ( looks like Argentina release)

GHqGuYZ.png

GHqGuYZ.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I held off on getting a Mexican bottle until today. I got it for $58 shipped, so not too bad. I'll try for a U.S. bottle on November 3rd.

Last edited:
"On Nov. 3 at 9 AM ET, go to shop.pepsi.com and find the link re-directing you to our retail partner who will accept pre-orders." In other words, Amazon.com (I'm guessing), lol.

Probably someone who can handle the web traffic without crashing their server. As big as Pepsi is, their online store probably isn't equipped to handle the onslaught of orders for something like this.

But if they're going to do this as a preorder, why limit it to 6,500? If they're making money on this -- and I can't imagine they aren't -- why not just fulfill every order? The development cost of making the molds and labeling for the packages is already paid for. It's just sugar water and plastic at this point.

here we go again... at least i dont have to pull a all nighter, though i did have allot of fun talking with other pepsi heads in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

Well I held off on getting a Mexican bottle until today. I got it for $58 shipped, so not too bad. I'll try for a U.S. bottle on November 3rd.

i seriously love my mexican bottle, i see acouple people complaining about the quality but i love it!

i so wish we had the cinema release, i have family that works there and i would have snagged every one up to distribute here.. man i wish this release was little bit easier for everyone

Probably would not matter if you did. We had cinema releases here and only had the option to buy Coca-Cola products. I won a BTTF trilogy for turning up in costume and lugging in the Matty Collectors Hover Board.

Not a bad grab at all. I managed to find a Mexican bottle on eBay for $70 shipped and I felt like I got a deal compared to how sales had been going.

Probably someone who can handle the web traffic without crashing their server. As big as Pepsi is, their online store probably isn't equipped to handle the onslaught of orders for something like this.

But if they're going to do this as a preorder, why limit it to 6,500? If they're making money on this -- and I can't imagine they aren't -- why not just fulfill every order? The development cost of making the molds and labeling for the packages is already paid for. It's just sugar water and plastic at this point.

Is there any chance they don't hold to a hard 6,500 limit, without actually saying they're going over? The bottles aren't numbered, so really all we have to go on is Pepsi's word. The only reason I could see them fibbing about the amount for the second run would be to not upset first run owners, but they're Pepsi so why would they care?

In the business of making money, it's absolutely mind boggling to me that Pepsi wouldn't just open this up and get every last cent they felt they could out of it.

Is there any chance they don't hold to a hard 6,500 limit, without actually saying they're going over? The bottles aren't numbered, so really all we have to go on is Pepsi's word. The only reason I could see them fibbing about the amount for the second run would be to not upset first run owners, but they're Pepsi so why would they care?

In the business of making money, it's absolutely mind boggling to me that Pepsi wouldn't just open this up and get every last cent they felt they could out of it.

I foresee the second batch going out in a plain corrugated shipper, as opposed to the one with the Pepsi Perfect iconography. The trick is to make those who got one on the first run feel like they got something special, but also to give the folks on the second run the same actual bottle the others did. Changing the box seems to be the easiest way to satisfy that -- at least to me.

I'd love to see Pepsi make one for everyone who wants one. Why not? Make the fans happy and kill the scalper market all in one fell swoop.

Last edited:
I foresee the second batch going out in a plain corrugated shipper, as opposed to the one with the Pepsi Perfect iconography. The trick is to make those who got one on the first run feel like they got something special, but also to give the folks on the second run the same actual bottle the others did. Changing the box seems to be the easiest way to satisfy that -- at least to me.

I'd love to see Pepsi make one for everyone who wants one. Why not? Make the fans happy and kill the scalper market all in one fell swoop.

Why would they do that? Like the tooling for the bottle, the stereo (the rubber mats that allow red and blue to be printed in perfect alignment) that prints the carton is done, so why not just use that?

Should I even bother buying the Mexican version if I already got the US version from Amazon? I know its more screen accurate.. but I really don't care for having both versions, especially if the Mexican one is made of cheaper plastic..

Having a Diet Pepsi or Orange Slice bottle would be amazing though.

Why would they do that? Like the tooling for the bottle, the stereo (the rubber mats that allow red and blue to be printed in perfect alignment) that prints the carton is done, so why not just use that?

All we can do is speculate, I suppose. As long as everyone who wants one can get one at retail price, I don't mind what Pepsi does.

Just a thought for all of the non-US people on here that are having issues with the bottles not being shipped to them or costing $60 or more bucks to have them shipped out though Bongo or other 2nd party places. I honestly do not know what shipping is overseas or anything since I have never shipped anything overseas myself, but what if the non-US people ship to people here on the RPF US address and then those people could ship them to you?... I dont know if that sounds stupid or a bad idea or anything?... My girlfriend was able to get one that we now "share" during the first release and as crazy as that was I dont want to even attempt to go though it again in November.
Anyways... just a thought. I dont know if that would be a cheaper route or not? but yeah, there's my dumb idea.

That's not a bad idea but I don't know if it would be much cheaper? Maybe the guys on here who ship abroad could help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not a bad idea but I don't know if it would be much cheaper? Maybe the guys on here who ship abroad could help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

should work out as cheap as it can be , as the shipping middle man companys charge a fee and often only use services , vs a fellow rpf'er could use the usps or whoever works out best for the buyer

ive done it for a couple of guys in the u.s that european sellers wouldnt work with

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back