Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Hello, everyone. I hope im not misplaced here....I just wanted to say thanks for the wealth of information you all have provided in this thread. I was commissioned to do a miniature bike (1/6 scale) and I thought I'd show you my progress so far.

I've tried to replicate everything to the exact details provided here but in miniature scale. Ive 3D modeled every custom part needed and I'm using a diecast Xonex Scwhinn Phantom model from the 90s.

I'll be sharing a lot more of my WIP including renders of my 3D models and everything. Until then I'd love to see what you all think.

20191229_222156.jpg
20191229_230025.jpg
20191229_230035.jpg
20191229_230044.jpg
20191229_230123.jpg
20191229_230142.jpg
20191229_230153.jpg
20191227_195025.jpg
20191227_192020.jpg

Hi Doc, Welcome to the thread, Looks Great, nice attention to detail!, Thanks for posting.
I would start it's own thread for a miniature replica and post your progress as you get it done.
There was one other member here that built a 1/6 scale X-1, and he knocked it out of the park.
He just posted the finished piece, but a complete build, start to finish would be awesome.

Hi Doc, Welcome to the thread, Looks Great, nice attention to detail!, Thanks for posting.
I would start it's own thread for a miniature replica and post your progress as you get it done.
There was one other member here that built a 1/6 scale X-1, and he knocked it out of the park.
He just posted the finished piece, but a complete build, start to finish would be awesome.
Ok cool thanks for the heads up.

For some reason my search function is not working. What are you guys doing for this part?( just realized I don’t have them yet [emoji51]View attachment 1250857
Usually 8" aluminum or stainless steel disks are used for the spinners. If memory serves, it requires around a 0.68" hole in the middle to fit over the wheel bolt. I believe someone has posted the spinner design early on in the forum. Some have painted the design on, others (including myself) use a white decal on the red-painted disk.

Thanks!, you're a day late though, I just sold an extra pair I had squirreled away, I don't know anyone who's making them, other than the 3D printed flaps PeeWeeFan is making, and I don't know if he's ready for the retail market yet or not, originals are like hens teeth, they're definitely at the top of the "hard to find items list".

Last edited:
I was going to start fabricating a 3d print model for the chain guard....unless anyone already had one????
My father says EVERYTHING’s negotiable.$$$

Hello Everyone, I'm new, and I'm looking into finishing my Pee-Wee bike this year.
The bike I'm using is based on the Columbia classic.
These are the parts I'm looking to finish my bike.

1. Chainguard with surfboard and boomerang.
2. White Triangle piece with the chrome bars
3. Redfin for the center console saddlebag

If anyone can help me that'll be AMAZING! Thank you :)
We have bicycle shows here in the Ventura California
area and would love to enter my bike in the shows this year.

Hi, new RPF member here and though I have contacted many of you on this board about several questions I have had (thanks PeeWeeFan and Billy Baloney!), I still have tons of questions about putting together an X1 bike!!!

I was wondering if any of you could help me locate 12mm green and red switch push buttons for my handlebar project box?

Man, I have searched hi and low on the internet, but have not been able to find them. Perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place???

Can anyone clue me in?

Howdy. Another noob here. During this time of social distancing and isolating at home, I began to get a little fidgety. I own a modern Chinese Schwinn Drifter cruiser that I almost never ride and it occurred to me it might be a great time to convert it into a Pee Wee bike replica.
Then I woke up, smelled the coffee and realized that bike was useless.
A little history, I own and drive a top notch (if I do say so myself) Herbie replica. I am keenly familiar with starting out simple and quickly going down the rabbit hole of "nos, screen used, vintage, as disney built 'em" obsession. To the interwebs! And I found y'all.
What a wonderful resource this thread is and what an amazing group of fellow obsessives that share their wins and losses, trials and errors, just to help everyone end up with a bike they are proud to ride, show and share.
I have a relatively complete 49 DX en route from the east coast and have already sourced many of the findable parts including grips, handle bars, HD 26x2.125 wheels, Disney bell, project box, shimano shifter, 3" and 4" mirrors (clear reflectors), Repop springer, tassels, Dia Compe tech 3, red tubing, chrome tape in assorted sizes, repop tank, clover sprocket, Person siren (og w/box), Super delta ray repop, Signal stats in red and yellow, rings from slingrings, 2x8" steel rounds, correct Mesinger seat (nos quality) and 3d printed bags, console w/hardware and Tiger siren. I'm down to sourcing or manufacturing the custom stuff such as skirts, frame triangle, chainguard and trim pieces. Not to mention all associated hardware, paint, etc.
All of y'all have been such a great help with your willingness to share and I'm sure I will be lurking a lot more (I've read every page up to 140 so far) and look forward to the build process. Of course if any of the "old guard" here have the hand built items like skirts, chainguard, etc., I'm a buyer. If not, any advice cheerfully accepted as I fumble my way though. Waterjets are amazing machines, or so they tell me.
Cheers and thanks again for all the help you have already given me.
Phil-

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back