Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I did some more work on the top console 3D model. Added in some features to aid in mounting a latch.

top_console_2.jpg top_console_lid_2.jpg

looks like a 1986 anniversary Columbia five star RX-5 SUPERB reissue which is similar, in that it is a balloon tire bicycle with a horn tank and a springer fork, but it's a different manufacturer, it could be converted to an X-1, but to me it wouldn't be correct and it's too cool the way it is, I would either keep it for my collection and ride it as is, or sell it and look for a post war Schwinn DX

Hey Mattkelly,

I don't know if there is an actual code for the tiger head, when I did mine, someone said they used Rustoleum School Bus Yellow, so I tried it and I was happy with the results:

001.JPG

Due to budget issues, I have to back out of my build. I have a bike frame with tank, springer fork, seat, and seat stem I bought from the collectors bike forum that I now need to unload.
Frame is black in color and the tank is white

PM me for photos and pricing

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I have used Chevy Yellow and New-Holland Yellow on sirens. School bus yellow sounds good, too. In general, the yellow is a deeper yellow.

A replica bike on ebay sold for $8,500! That's just insane. Sure they take a lot of work to build, but the most one can expect to have in one is around $4K. The bike looked nice but not all that accurate.

I saw that too. After I make mine I guess I know I could sell it for some good money if I needed to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I need now to complete the bike is the mud flaps. I got outbid on one last week on eBay and the tears have finally dried up.

Am I crazy or was someone here making replica ones here a while ago?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A replica bike on ebay sold for $8,500! That's just insane. Sure they take a lot of work to build, but the most one can expect to have in one is around $4K. The bike looked nice but not all that accurate.

It's a nice looking bike at a glance. But the more you study the photos, you start seeing things that aren't accurate to the original, where they took shortcuts or just got things wrong. For the average consumer that hasn't researched the hell out of this thing, it's still a nice build. Hope they get the money they want out of it and someone else gets the bike of their dreams.

I still love my bike and can't imagine parting with it. Not for all the money in the world ... as the quote goes.

How goes the build, PWF? You hanging in there?

Nice duplicate rear console, BB. That looks sharp.

Screenshot_20181026-152007_eBay.jpg just bought this for my build. Looks pretty much same as the tiger. Hoping to find a replica head at some point. Can anyone point me in the direction of what kind rims and fenders I should buy.

Hi Guys,
I've been working on collecting all the correct parts:

Here is what I have or know you need for a X1 build.

1946-1953 Schwinn DX frame, the frame is not a straight bar it's a camelback frame where the two top bars have a curve in them. This frame shows up with both abuilt in kick stand and an add-on kickstand which is a greenfield kickstand
You need the matching tank, a guy on ebay called bicyclebones sells them. Note that the real bike has plastic tanks, cause they just vac-formed over an original to make the parts and copies.
You need 29 or 30" wide cruiser bars, wald made these years back you have to really look for them.
The grips are called donkey dick grips, there is a guy on ebay the sells them
Streamers should have a metal cylinder on them, two variets red and white and multi-colored show up in the movie
The fenders are DX fenders but without the trussrod indent only the fork blade indent. They have aftermarket brackets on them.
The springer is a later 1950's to 80's springer with the "S" bolts, not a pyramid springer

The wheels are 26" CMC aftermarket wheels, really hard to find, if you get heavy duty aftermarket wheels you'll be close.
The tires are Carlisle Indian Head Lightining Darts.

The crank is a Takagi Cro-Mo 175x24 chrome crank
The BB is Tange 24 TPI (the bearings and hardware for the cranks)
pedals are vintage Union with yellow reflectors,you can get these for 10.00 bucks at the bike swap.
Seat- Black mesinger9 side diamonds and a rear center oval with "Messinger" debossed.
seat clamp is Schwinn "S" style clamp with a generic round head seat bolt.

front headlight is either a Delta Rocket ray or super rocket ray, with a custom propeller and fins (clear red plexi)
The siren is non-functional pearsons majestic siren- I have a few extras if you need one PM me.
The compass is an Airguide dash compass all black square plastic base.
a shimano 3 speed shifter is on the right handlebar and a dia compe style Tech 3 lever on the left.
The Project box has 2 switches 7MM red and green there is place in Burbank that has the correct size box.
There is mickey mouse bell on the left handlebar, there are two versions soccer and tailor mickey in all green, the bell is the cylinder style (not the hexed shape) with a black button for both images.
The tiger siren, the heads been resculpted but not too crazy changed,
There are two style of housing a large one (rare), and a smaller one common to find.
There is red tubing connecting levers to to the tank.

The tank had three switches the center is 50's automotive start switch with a machined collar, the two other switches are push buttons red one and a black one.
There is machined collar on the right handlebar for the breakaway grip in the movie.
tank emblems are custom- wrapped in chrome tape.

The rear bags are all custom
the lights on the bags are signal stat lights
The latches are available on amazon.
The rings for the red lights can be bought at slingrings.com
I have yet to figure out the "Property of PW" brass plate

The wheel hub swirls are custom and about 8" diameter
The pinstripes are done with white pinstripe tape, I think they might be 3/16th thick
The chrome on the bags and the badges is in chrome tape.

hey favuloso, I used this from page 1 of this thread. I have most the parts now, I'm just trying to get time to start putting it all together. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back