Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Great job Ryan, are those heavy wheels the ones that bicycle bones sells? Did you get your 2 speed kickback laced in afterall?

Mechagrover, I looked into the fog machine- they do sell a tiny one but it's like 1500.00 by itself!!
I have benn buying leftover halloween stuff as I find it so I have something to fiddle with when I get that far.

Thanks. Its funny, nowhere else would somebody be happy about trading a vintage set of schwinn drop centers for a cheap Chinese set of wheels.

Abe, I'm not sure what bb sells, but I bought this same set in a 24" for the spitfire I built. Histop hub. I got them from Chinichanga on RRB, better than amazon prices. As for the hub, I gave it to a machinist friend of mine to get the spoke holes drilled out for the HD spokes. Still waiting.

I was finally able to take a few pictures.

P1012551.jpg

P1012565.jpg

that is cool lighting you got going on there, what color red is that?
It looks like when the bike is revealed in the movie, all you need a piece of wedged white board in the background and you'll be set.

Thank you!!

I wanted to light it kind of interesting, to make up for the missing pieces.
As well as the wrong ones. Defiantly not screen accurate, but I think it will probably fool a few people. Especially if I'm riding it fast!

As far as the paint the closest thing I could find locally was "Banner Red"

Did you paint your mud flaps grey or are they white? They kind of look grey like the movie bike, I bought some klylon fusion in grey to paint my white ones. Just wondered how good it stuciks.

I did paint the mudflaps with Grey with a cheapy spray paint.
As well as a second layer of just gloss. But it didn't take that well..
It worked for what I needed. But the rubber they were made with, the paint easily scratched off. So it could of just been my choice of paint.

As far as what kind of bike it's a AMC Flash. Which I still haven't been able to find out much about. Ive heard a few rumors that it was a Schwinn. But also heard it as manufactured as a generic Department store bicycle in the 60's.
So I'm not exactly sure of the history of the bike.

Also what is everyone using for the chrome slots on the center skirt?
I just used wood, but would like to re-do them.

yeah, but from straight on its sticks out about half of an inch. At least I wasn't to far off from materials. Ill just have to sand them down. Thanks!

Lostcasket,
One of my wife's bikes is an AMC flash, I think it was a rebranded private label for a dept store but originally Schwinn. On her bike the chain guard still has the Schwinn decal.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back