Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Wanted to try something and I think it worked out ok. This is one of the softer pulls .Got a real mudflap, cast the wing and jewels, then vac formed the flap. I may still cast some flaps in rubber but this was pretty easy. Going to find some rivets to replace the Allen bolts as well

IMG_8500.jpeg
IMG_8494.jpeg
IMG_8475.jpeg

Adding to the list of known bikes that exist, it looks like we can add the Tarzan bike to that list. This one has a strange fork and straight tube frame..can anyone ID it? Worksman? Love to know more about this one’s whereabouts.
IMG_8310.jpeg

I’ve been doing some digging and these are the publicly shown real bikes that I know of (Note: I did not add the Pittsburgh bike to the list as I believe that to be a replica) please add pics and info if I missed any:

1- Gusset Bike. This was found in SoCal missing a bunch of parts. Has had reinforcement gussets added to the frame. Maybe the bike that jumps off the house in the final chase?

2-eBay bike. This showed up on eBay with a crazy low buy it now and was scooped up in a couple hours. Haven’t seen it since the auction

3-Hollywood museum. Supposedly donated by Pee Wee himself. This is the bike he steals dressed as a nun

4-Heritage Auction bike. This was unsold at Heritage Auctions.

5-Ohio Museum bike. This was purchased off eBay in 2008 (I bid but lost!). This is the bike that shoots the oil slick out of the bags

6- Tarzan bike - Looks like it’s been put back together with some replica parts.

Interesting that none of these bikes have opening saddlebags. Pee Wee supposedly had two..maybe he had the one shown at the start of the movie and the chain lock scene

79D965ED-179D-4D33-A46B-E6012267220B.jpeg

Last edited:
Printed the wings in silver-colored ABS. Jewels are acrylic. Like the durability of the ABS but detail not great.

Attachments

• 20240110_231828.jpg
    20240110_231828.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240110_232109.jpg
    20240110_232109.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240110_231858.jpg
    20240110_231858.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240110_231839.jpg
    20240110_231839.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
Here's an interesting one..the Tarzan bike. The one real bike that did not come from Pedal Pusher. That honor goes to Garry Littlejohn. This is the bike that explains the count discrepancy between Pedal Pusher (13 bikes) and the Propmaster (14 bikes). Sold at auction in 1995

auct.jpg

Here's an interesting one..the Tarzan bike. The one real bike that did not come from Pedal Pusher. That honor goes to Garry Littlejohn. This is the bike that explains the count discrepancy between Pedal Pusher (13 bikes) and the Propmaster (14 bikes). Sold at auction in 1995

View attachment 1781607
The bike in the top picture (without Pee-Wee on it) is supposed to be the Tarzan bike? Looks like a replica.

A lot of it is real…the side bags are replica and obviously the tiger..also the center skirt..and there’s some wrong parts used, but it’s the Tarzan bikes bones for sure

Realized I completely forgot the siren and bracket! Screen used is cast with thick walls so I tried to replicate that..not super happy with it so I may recast one. Also fully fabbed a bracket as well as the loop around the siren as screen used is flat as well. Still need to do the bottom roller
IMG_9691.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back