Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Here’s my x1 current state

Attachments

• 3DFA9AB5-BDBA-4F71-9806-D2E01E15DDB7.jpeg
    3DFA9AB5-BDBA-4F71-9806-D2E01E15DDB7.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 116
Hawthorne 26" Cruiser,roller w/whitewalls and red frame FS. $70 PDX Facebook .https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/756975549434980/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

Nice Rudd, now you don't have to look in the mirror more than the road! :lol

Anyways my new parts came in today from frank! Super happy with them!

A vintage taiwan mirror and the metal collar!
View attachment 387339View attachment 387340

Restored Mesinger Seat:
View attachment 387341View attachment 387342

I've actually found that my seat post is too thin for the clamp on the seat, does anyone have any ideas?

Also do 26 x 1.75 rims look right? I found some that are pretty cheap brand new.
Where did you get the collar?

I had to build this bike the hard way, everything on it is hand made, there isn't any 3d printed parts on it, the mud flaps were molded and cast.
Yep. You and I were some of the original folks on this thread from a decade ago. The thread was a lot more active back then and it seemed like there were about five or six of us building bikes at the same time, sharing ideas and info about build specifics. That was a fun time.

Thank you! By anychance do you have any things you made left?
Yes, I have a partial sheet of red plexiglass that was used for the fin on the saddlebags but that’s about it. You can have it for free, just cover shipping. DM me your address and I’ll get a postal quote.

He transcended generations and will continue to. We all lost such an amazing force of light in this world.

It’s been 7 years of building for me but one day I will be finished my bike and hopefully it will not only bring a smile to people but maybe also introduce anyone unfamiliar with one of the greatest characters and comedians of all time!

RIP Paul Reubens

IMG_0382.jpeg

I thought of this thread when I heard of his passing. May his memory be a blessing.

Closest Ive gotten to having a “Pee Wee Herman” bike is this 1950 Green Phantom, which I’ve owned since 1990. I was definitely inspired to buy and restore it by the movie.

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Well I first posted in this thread in 2009 so I think it's time to actually build one of these things :) I picked up a seat this weekend to break the seal. Anyone have leads on any other parts? I know the bags and siren will be the tough ones...wish me luck!

It's been a long time since I've posted on here. RIP Paul/Pee-wee. We will never forget you, or the Alamo! I've built 7 bikes in the last 3 years! Can't figure out how to post a photo on here. I'm on FB/insta/tiktok/youtube as bigadventurebikes!

Well, here we go! Here’s what I’m starting with..found a DX with springer, sprocket and seat I can use. May use the wheels too (figure I can paint the hubs silver and it’s covered by the wheel Discs mostly anyway ) got pedals for $1 at the swap..and a pair of Murray cruiser wheels with Lightning Darts for $40..all I need now is everything else!
IMG_4190.jpeg

Well, here we go! Here’s what I’m starting with..found a DX with springer, sprocket and seat I can use. May use the wheels too (figure I can paint the hubs silver and it’s covered by the wheel Discs mostly anyway ) got pedals for $1 at the swap..and a pair of Murray cruiser wheels with Lightning Darts for $40..all I need now is everything else! View attachment 1736049
Looks like You gotta Good start , but that's just the tip of the ice berg, Good Luck with your build , it's fun , challenging and daunting at times, but well worth the headache if you can get 'er Done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back