Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Just a question on the saddle bags: Are they attached to a rear mounted rack like the stripped down race bike/poster bike has or has the top bag just been bolted to the rear fender?

Hi Indianabric, welcome to the forum, the "screen correct" bike had no rear rack, the top console was bolted to the fender then the side bags were bolted to the bottom of it, I think there were some sort of brackets that held the sides to the fender stays as well, but not sure on that, we used a rear rack on my nephews bike we built, and it gives it a good flat foundation to mount the bags to, Paul Reubens was recently on the Scream awards and the bike he rode in on had a rack.

You can look back through this thread and see hints of how other members have mounted their bags

Last edited:
Those bags look really good and they are even hollow inside!
I might have to save up for those. No sense in reinventing the wheel. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Does anybody have dimensions of the bags and console or will I have to just eyeball it?
And has anybody tried to sculpt the lion head?

kxazbug posted the dimensions a while back. Page 34. Really great shots of a museum bike to make things easier to figure out.

Could someone explain the differences between the Italian and Taiwanese tiger heads?

The difference between the Italian & Taiwanese originals is essentially in the housing. The Italian version is much larger & the Taiwan version is smaller. Beyond that, the electronics & tiger head are basically the same. The only real difference I remember is the stickers (which wasn't a huge difference). A totally screen correct siren would be the larger housing, but they are extremely rare. Most people (myself included) have the smaller housing.

Again, you're going to have to read all of the posts, but somewhere a while back there are multiple people who have taken the original tiger sirens & done resculpts of them. A couple of them (Abelugo & Creebobby in particular) ended up sculpting really nice interpretations of the movie version. KansasJack was selling re-casts of the original Taiwanese tiger siren (minus the back plate & the jewel smoothed out) a while back as well. You may want to reach out to him & see if he is still making them. I ended up picking up one of his heads & that is what I'm currently using on my bike. I'm eventually going to resculpt mine, but it looks great either way. I also own an original skeleton version of the Taiwanese ones that I used to make a mold of the back of the siren hosing.

No offense intended on the bags. I thought they looked really nice actually. They compare very nicely to the screen used bags. I was just curious how big they were compared to the screen used ones.

I will say that although my bike won't be 100% screen accurate because I want a shinier screw here or there, I plan on making mine pretty damned near screen accurate. I don't think that makes me Gollum though, it's just my personal philosophy when it comes to building props and my business.

Gregg

Hey Gregg, Thanks for the compliment, and No offense taken, and I wasn't calling you Gollum directly, I was speaking in general, because "screen correct" is getting to be a too common term used here and I haven't seen anyone nail it 100% yet, since there is nothing concrete as far as specs to compare to, but that's the fun of it, I guess, seeing how close you can get, but in the end you only really have to impress yourself, I guess if you're in the prop business and want to start mass producing this stuff, then I would want to do my homework.

Last edited:
Mines gonna be screen accurate, I'm going to have the oil slick spouts pop out when I press a button, I'm going to have the handle bar have the break away grip and the back up grip will pop out, I'll have the tail lights light up and shoot out smoke and then I can fly across roofs!

*sigh*

only in my dreams.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mines gonna be screen accurate, I'm going to have the oil slick spouts pop out when I press a button, I'm going to have the handle bar have the break away grip and the back up grip will pop out, I'll have the tail lights light up and shoot out smoke and then I can fly across roofs!

*sigh*

only in my dreams.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Don't forget the anti-theft ejection seat.

I'm not sure how crazy I'll go with the add ons...but I've already found 100 feet of chain I plan on putting in the saddle bag.

I don't want to go overboard with add-ons either, but I'm already getting a rear 3 speed conversion on one of my CMC rims. I've been heavily considering the electric conversion too. Some of the 1000W/48V kits promise 25+ mph, but I'd bet in real world applications it wouldn't go as quickly. The spiggot add-on is really tempting too. Just need to figure out how to get a portable water pump going on. Also already got a correct style "loud enough" horn, but I need to figure out the project box & video game style button for it. It looks like the box may be more shallow than the one on the handlebars. Wish Chuck's was still open. I would just call them up & ask Dottie.

Hey Guys,

I am finishing up my bike in about a week and wanted to know if anybody thought of doing a smoke release out of the back red tail lights? I see some cans of fog you can buy but figuring out how to release it with a trigger seems like a good challenge. There are also portable fog machines but they are too large. Another thing I am thinking of adding are water sprayers for the back to simulate an oil slick. Oh this could be so much fun if I do a parade this Summer.

Thanks for any tips!!

Ride on!!

Realistically, I'm probably only gonna be able to wire my soundtrack t-shirt into the lion and have the soundtrack preloaded.

Im doing the same thing. I repositioned the speaker in my Tiger siren to the side and drilled some sound holes. Also added a small cheap amplifier so you will be able to actually hear the sound loud and clear.

Finished up some work on my bike this weekend. Finished fabricating the faux siren. I modeled it up in solidworks then printed it out on a 3D printer. Then just made up the bracket from some cold rolled steel. Just need to fins painting it.

I also managed to get my skirts and mud flaps installed (after the pic). Just about done with the bike itself. Been putting off molding my saddlebags but those are next.

Also in case anyone is interested I have an extra set of mudflaps that I just listed on eBay yesterday.

Pee Wee Herman Big Adventure Vintage Schwinn Mudflaps Mud Flaps X1 | eBay

Dang Edward, looking good. You're almost at the finish line. The siren looks great too. I've been on the hunt for another one for my X2 build, but apparently prices on them have doubled or tripled since I last looked for one. I plan on holding out until the right time to pull the trigger. If you decide to make any more, hit me up. I may be interested, since technically the faux siren is more accurate anyway.

Progress pics for my builds...

X1 & X2 together:
X1 & X2 2014-03-31 a.jpg

X1 (w/fender skirt mocked up with tape):
X1 2014-03-31 a.jpg

X2:
X2 2014-03-31 a.jpg

Still have a lot of fab work to get done. Today I am re-cutting the X2's tank skirt thingy (the current one is a bit rough), working on the ribs of the X1's tank skirt, mounting the fender skirts on both builds & maybe getting the acrylic cut if I still have time. If not, I'll hopefully get a ton of work taken care of this weekend.

The x2 is looking cool!

On my schwinn phantom, I had one of those handheld boat air horns mounted in a cup holder on the handle bars. It would scare the Crap out of people who were in my way. Haha.

Would be cool to do one like the one dottie made for pee wee but mount the compressed air can in the rack or saddle bags then run some plastic air line to a button on the handle bars. I wonder if they sell red air lines?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Would be cool to do one like the one dottie made for pee wee but mount the compressed air can in the rack or saddle bags then run some plastic air line to a button on the handle bars.

Not a bad idea. I already have 2 of the Yoder goose horns that were used to create the one Dottie made for PW. Was planning on just using them in the saddlebags, but I may end up mounting it instead on the X2. I also have the tank horn on my X2, & that thing is disconcertingly loud. I get alarmed every time I hit the button, & I know what's coming.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back