Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I'll drop you a line. I've documented three screen used bikes so I know them pretty well.

Gregg

Last edited:
In other news.....our favorite ebay bike is back after the sale not going through. The owner responded to my question I asked earlier, and I informed him in no uncertain terms that his bike is not screen used nor made for the movie.

I had asked the seller early in the previous auction if the bike was a screen used prop. He responded today with this:
"
The certificate of authenticity says its a prop from the movie. The bike is re-posted. Thanks for looking."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see that cert of authenticity. Even if it said Warner Brothers we all know that even studios misrepresent stuff.

A friend of mine wants to make a sister bike to the Pee Wee bike that would be the "Francis bike". Image a similar but "tougher" version of the pee wee bike. Like an evil twin of bicycles.
Nick

That was me.
I've been rolling around on a stripped down hot rod seven speed Black Francis for a while now.
I meant to have more of the parts on it by now but the DIY Batmobile project takes all my hobby time.

Here are a few pics from last year's South Austin bicycle show.
Wish I had the full skirted fenders from the bike next to me!

Attachments

• IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    579.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1887.JPG
    IMG_1887.JPG
    617.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1894.JPG
    IMG_1894.JPG
    987 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
It looks like the relisted Pee Wee bike has been pulled. I wonder if he sold it locally or if he developed a conscience and decided it wasn't cool to scam people.

I've been rolling around on a stripped down hot rod seven speed Black Francis for a while now.

Speaking of Black Francis bikes, here's a sneak peek of what I've been working on lately. Hope to get a lot more done this weekend.
X2 WIP 2014-03-12.jpg
NOTE: seat post is just sitting there. Hasn't been dropped in yet, so that's why it looks funky. Also, tires are currently 26 x 1.75s & will be replaced by 26 x 2.125s (they are sitting in the background).

That's pretty cool. Are you gonna keep the aftermarket fenders and stock chain guard? I think it'd be cool with a black tank as well, or maybe dark grey.

Looks great! I'd love to see it with the saddle bags, skirts, everything on it.
And that skull siren is the coolest. Is it going on the bike?
I guess mine veered more towards a 'Satan's Helper'.

Nick and I have talked about Francis' sequel bike a few too many times.
His vision of a Francis bike would be something totally different from the X-1. It'd be more of an 80s Laser Stealth Ninja Hi-Tec Machine, along the lines of the KITT powercycle:

Attachments

• kitt-powercycle.jpg
    kitt-powercycle.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 515
Thanks guys.

The fenders may end up going, as I'm not 100% thrilled with the length of the braces in particular (extends too far past the wheels). I like the set I bought for my X1 much better, so I may just end up picking up another set of those later on. The chain guard is temporary. Plan on replacing it with an X1 style guard once I have it fabbed up. Bought my sheet metal the other day, so hopefully I'll have some progress in that direction this weekend.

The skull siren is definitely going on it. You can't really tell from the pics, but the valve caps are also chrome skulls to tie in that theme.

Got fender skirts ready to go. Just need to mount them. Saddlebags are in a holding pattern. Waiting to hear back from someone about those. Been thinking about maybe making vinyl decals to go over the red parts once I get my X1 set. If not, I do have some motorcycle saddlebags I've been thinking about using for this build.

Plan on having the tank skirts cut this weekend too. Once the skirts are on, it should feel more like the X2 I've been envisioning.

The Satan's Helper thing has been on my mind as well. Secret plans cooking for that.

Also, apparently Nick & I are on the same page. I originally thought of the X2 in comparison to the X1 in the same way that KARR was the evil KITT (if you have never seen that episode, do youself a favor. Evil Michael Knight is hilarious).

==============================================

Somewhat related, I had asked previously during the whole Ebay bike kerfluffle, but does anyone know a place to pick up the brass plates for the bike licenses? I've been looking online, but can't find anyone selling the correct shape plaques. Also, does anyone know the font & the exact size of the plates? Thanks in advance.

Speaking of Black Francis bikes, here's a sneak peek of what I've been working on lately. Hope to get a lot more done this weekend.
View attachment 296905
NOTE: seat post is just sitting there. Hasn't been dropped in yet, so that's why it looks funky. Also, tires are currently 26 x 1.75s & will be replaced by 26 x 2.125s (they are sitting in the background).

Yes!!! That looks awesome. Sort of what I was thinking too but you are really far ahead.

Your seat post looks like an ejector seat.

for a Satan's helper bike I was thinking the plaque could say
"Property of PW
Satan's helpers M.C."

Of course with flames on the saddle bags too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Yeah, saddle bag flames would look awesome. I picked up some flame hand grips to use on the X2 originally, but decided to stay with the traditional Donkey grips for continuity's sake. May re-address that at some point. I also bought a white seat to make it pop a bit more, but I keep going back to the traditional X1 design. May take pics with both seats & see what everyone thinks when I get further along. I'm doing the spinners in black & white too. Even considering getting some smoked grey color plexi for the fins on the bags & Rocket Ray. We'll have to see.

The ejector seat was what I was thinking too! Would be appropriate considering it is intended to be a Francis bike. Even HIS bike hates him. LOL!

Here's my concept for the ultimate Francis bike for the imaginary Pee Wee sequel "Pee Wee's Bigger Adventure".

A douchey rich kid from an eighties movie would probably have a bike like this-

6f59256f3a5c485ae977ad0f172abd4f.jpgimage-20.jpg1.jpgv4_copy1_blowup.jpgvektar_console.jpg0.jpgVektar.jpg109b018f.jpg

A Black Vektar would be a cool base to make the evil rich kid bike created to beat Pee Wee. Pee Wee's bicycle is old fashioned while Francis has used all the technology that money could by to create the "superior" bike to defeat pee wee once and for all.

Add some high tech saddle bags for Francis' evil gadgets to pop out of and a skull radio on handle bars and you are ready to race at the movie's climax!

Skillcrane, it pretty easy to shorten the fender braces u have just using a dremel, especially given how long the flat part at the ends of the braces are.

- - - Updated - - -

If u don't do it to much it shouldn't crease the fender edge

Here's my concept for the ultimate Francis bike for the imaginary Pee Wee sequel "Pee Wee's Bigger Adventure".

A douchey rich kid from an eighties movie would probably have a bike like this-

A Black Vektar would be a cool base to make the evil rich kid bike created to beat Pee Wee. Pee Wee's bicycle is old fashioned while Francis has used all the technology that money could by to create the "superior" bike to defeat pee wee once and for all.

Add some high tech saddle bags for Francis' evil gadgets to pop out of and a skull radio on handle bars and you are ready to race at the movie's climax!

Nick, that is awesome. I can't decide if that bike is a thing of beauty or a terrible idea of what the future would have looked like. The complete opposite of streamline. So clunky, yet so cool somehow. I agree that it makes total sense that a rich 80's D-bag would try to out-tech PW to win the battle of the bikes.

Skillcrane, it pretty easy to shorten the fender braces u have just using a dremel, especially given how long the flat part at the ends of the braces are.

Dmarks, I may try that. I'm really not digging on the fact that the fenders sit so high. Other than an aesthetic, they serve very little function as they currently stand. I'm going to finish assembling everything over the next several days & see how the fenders work out. I think when I switch out the tires, it may help a bit as well.

Just curious skillcrane , did u buy those repos on eBay from the guy selling all the primed pre war fenders with and without braces, if so, he needs to mention the arch of fenders is bigger and the braces are longer

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back