Pathetic Man-Child Destroys 2,387 Vintage Star Wars Figures

It's bringing views to their YouTube channel and in turn revenue for them. I don't understand how the monetization aspect of YouTube works but my friend who does know more about it looked at their revenue stream and it's enough to live comfortably off of so they could very well be making their living by making YouTube videos.

Will it get a rise out of people? Of course. It's clear that they've accomplished that here on theRPF and the Facebook comments have even garnered them death threats which is total insanity if you ask me.

While I admit that there was a part of me that was sad to see all of those figures (figures I would have loved to own when I was a kid) melt into gray goop, I think it perfectly illustrated their point. The fact that people are still talking about it months later only further proves their point, whether you agree with it or not.

Last edited:
This reminds me of that speech that Picard gave in “The Drumhead”...

I am paraphrasing, of course, but my memory is impeccable. I believe it went something like this:

“The first action figure ripped from its card, lit on fire via Aqua Net as a propellant, destroyed by being taped to a bottle-rocket or holding a lit M-80 in its arms, chewed on by a dog, flushed down a toilet, melted on a hot light bulb, lost in a river, lost in a snow bank, lost on a dirt hill, stolen by a jealous neighbor, run over by a lawnmower, left on a bench at the playground, pulled apart by a mean-spirited older sister, or thrown away by a parent who has grown tired of picking them up from the living room floor (true story) forges a link in a chain that damages and constrains us all irrevocably...”

I will shed two-thousand tears upon my pillow, tonight, for the carnage inflicted by the man-child upon all of us and our shared humanity, no—Kenner-manity.

Look away from his madness! Look away...

Last edited:
They need content. They had toys they don’t care about - probably sent to them.

They melted them, which was still neat to watch, for content, hits and shares. 4 shlubs in Milwaukee living off YouTube and making content for fun.

I’d do it in a second.

To your point...694,000 views and counting. They get how much per view?

Imagine if this guy's gimmick catches on and other people start doing similar things to other vintage toys..
Eventually, all vintage toys, even the Go-Bots will be worth their weight in gold/food/water/pretty rocks/bits of string, or whatever else happens to be the "currency" during this post apocalyptic time. Because, let's face it, if this guy alone has managed to p-off a lot of people... and that's mainly the star wars crowd, imagine what happens when copy-cats are hitting the My Little Pony, or Barbie crowd. It's not going to be pretty.

Imagine if this guy's gimmick catches on and other people start doing similar things to other vintage toys..

For the record, I am 100% OK with someone doing this to every Steve Urkel doll in existence.

FEC5109C-681E-42B4-9293-281CB42252FB.jpeg

Did I say that??

Last edited:
To your point...694,000 views and counting. They get how much per view?

It depends. Last time I looked into it, videos get about $7.60 per 1000 views on average for ads delivered by AdSense

so, assuming everyone who viewed the video, watched a small add, they could have potentially made $4,932.40 at that $7.6 cpm rate

However, there are important points to consider:

-1- Not all videos will show advertisements. Views does not equal ad impressions. Adsense selectively shows moderate advertisements to each user, sometimes there are no advertisers at all.

-2- A huge number of users have ad-blocking extensions installed, that would disable the advertisement and the impression won't be count (but that's only on web browsers).

-3- Half of YouTube views come from mobile devices( Statistics - YouTube). My guess is that most of them use the YouTube app where you can't block advertisements.

YouTube has made millionaires out of some bozos.

Well there are people contributing to their Patreon too, so I'm sure they're not exactly hurting for ad revenue.

-3- Half of YouTube views come from mobile devices( Statistics - YouTube). My guess is that most of them use the YouTube app where you can't block advertisements.
(Apologies for trimming it down)
I don't have anything running to block ads but, for some reason, my account doesn't get ads and I don't subscribe to their "premium" service or anything.
I suspect that it's a glitch with my account.
:lol:

I suspect that it's a glitch with my account.
:lol:
Shhhh....don't tell anybody. I'm getting pretty aggravated with Youtube lately. I was fine with the occasional ad, but lately, it seems you have to watch not one but two ads before the video starts, and then other ads pop up during the video. Its not uncommon to have to watch 5 ads or so for a 10-15 minute video. Then on top of that, half of the video itself is the content creator begging for likes and subscribes and letting you know about their sponsors or Patreon page. I am not opposed to content creators making money for the time that it takes to make videos, but this whole situation is getting out of hand. It's worse than watching commercials on TV. I hate being bombarded with this stuff. At some point, I will drop Youtube like a hot potato.

To keep this on topic, I support the fact that RLM destroyed the figures. I will admit it is stupid, but they are free to do so.

(Edited to remove a statement that is getting too close to political territory)

Last edited:
(cough) my CBS all-access does the same thing... I don't pay a dime and the damned thing works anyway (shrug) I'm not complaining.

I understand that it's his feeling towards TLJ. But in my opinion stunt like that is still giving Star Wars and the new films publicity. Does Disney care what we do? Hey they are still talking about our property. Free advertising!

It's like similar to a troll trying to gain a rise out of people. Goal achieved.

Haha, are you unfamiliar with RLM or what? No one thinks that at all, and just about everyone has turned their back on SW since Disney's acquistion.

And it's not like these figures even matter anymore either; you can just get all the vintage ones back in new condition now. Who cares?

Star Wars really needs to go away for a long, long time once more. The intense attachments people have for this franchise far surpasses obsession and it's quite sad. They send death threats over stupid Youtube videos or get mad at them. Seriously? Over crappy old action figures?
They need something better to do and obsess over past Star Wars.

could be those ones but it's still ******** to waste star wars figures when some kids gets one figure and its there most prized possession. theres this trend of youtuber dildos who just spend money and destroy things for views. I see kids watching thse videos and showing the same kind selfish wasteful, entitled attitude. Forums like this are made up of a lot of old-timers because we preserve and value things and we dont view everything as disposable. like the time I bought a friends kid an expensive nerf gun that he wanted for a birthday and then two weeks later its out in the yard with mud ground into it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back