Parks Sabers (what do you think)

Sith_Lord_Hritz

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was thinking about buying this set of sabers from parks http://graflexsabers.com/graflex-mpp-mkiii.html

Do any of you own these, if so what do you think of them? The pics look nice but I would like to know the real deal before I spend $450 on the set. Please help me out with your opinions or if you know of another resource to buy some reasonably priced lightsaber replicas that are better quality I would very much appreciate it before I spend my hard earned money on some junk.
Thanks

Maybe do a search for Parks and Boycott and see what people here have to say about him...
I am going with Russrep, Serafino et al obi-wan Saber. For my money, it will be far far more accurate and legit.

Last edited:
Sadly there's nobody else making graflex and MPP replicas right now but personally i wouldn't deal with Parks.
My advice would be to look out for either a real vintage graflex or buy a replica on the market they turn up pretty regular here in the Junkyard or even eBay.
An original MPP you won't find cheap so again look for a replica.
The Obi saber check out the runs Russrep is doing right now it will cost you more than the Parks but because he's doing these parts seperately you can spread the cost and at the end you'll have sweet looking accurate OWK miles above what Parks offers.
There are some other great replica parts available but they all differ in design in some ways so you might end up having to modify one part to fit another which is why i reccomend going with Russ because everything will be made to fit.
Romans stuff is also great but i don't think he's offering anything right now.

Don't go expecting things like prompt delivery, good customer service or communication.

Funny, I bought a bulk order of graflexes from him a couple years ago and had no problems at all. He gave a ship date and that's when they went out. Communication was a little lacking but he always called me back when I left him a message.

Everyone pretty much said all there is to be said. Parks Luke and Vader are spot on accurate; the Obi sucks horribly; he's a horrible horrible businessman and you really shouldn't deal with him.

If you want his Graflex or MPP replicas without having to deal woth him, you may be able to order them from The Custom Saber Shop if they have any in stock. Also, you can get a nice replica Graflex from TheKingOfParts on eBay. A teeny bit more expensive, but he's a real nice guy to deal with.

You may even be able to ask in the junkyard. That's how I find 75% of what I'm looking for.

I wonder if half the people who bash him have actually dealt with him, and aren't just spouting rhetoric. My experience has been that stuff goes out when he says it will, he answers his phone or calls me back, and if there's a delay, he's upfront about it. What more do people want in a seller?

On the other hand, there ARE more accurate parts available for the Obi saber, you just have to search around a little, and overall they may cost you a little more.

I wonder if half the people who bash him have actually dealt with him, and aren't just spouting rhetoric. My experience has been that stuff goes out when he says it will, he answers his phone or calls me back, and if there's a delay, he's upfront about it. What more do people want in a seller?

On the other hand, there ARE more accurate parts available for the Obi saber, you just have to search around a little, and overall they may cost you a little more.

My issue with him isn't the delivery times or delays it's the whole debarkle over the MPP.

I bought a saber from him at a booth he had at a Comic Convention many years ago. I really liked the saber and never had any problems with it. I no longer have it (it was not designed after any screen/story used saber so eventually I sold it) but it was well made.:thumbsup

I have sure heard a lot of complaints about his customer service over the years, but since I purchased mine in person and never needed anything else it was never an issue for me. Based on what others say I (personally)would not purchase anything from him by mail.

I bought a EL MJ quite a few years ago and it was a near perfect transaction. I also have 2 Graflex replicas that I obtained from others and think they're pretty nice. I can't comment on his dealings with others, but I have never had a problem with him personally.

He's dishonest and has screwed some really nice people in this hobby. A few weeks ago I won an original M40A2 stormtrooper scope on ebay. The auction went out of its way to say it was what was used in the movie, and was the same as what was found on POSW. While the scope is nice, it was not the type used on screen. Similar, but not an originally used part, as the auction indicated. I found this out after the fact right here on the boards. Still, I decided to keep the scope. When it arrived, the return address was parkssabers. Once I saw that, I wasn't at all surprised that the auction was a bit misleading in its description. It's what I'd expect from him.

I've ordered from him in the past (in the 1990's) three times and all three times I had not problems, good communication and the products were very good. I don't know how things changed over time since I only transacted with him before he was making major money and was only doing it for fun. All I can really say is that when we did business we didn't have any problems way back then.

I bought a Graflex replica from him on ebay, before I knew it was him. It arrived fairly quickly from what I recall. No problems with the sale. I think what happened in the past is pretty s***** to say the least.

On a side note. I thought I heard somewhere that Parks doesn't actually make the Graflex but buys them from a company in China. Not sure about the other relicas.

The man has had tens of thousands of transactions. A few of them are going to go a bit wacky.

You can't please everyone.

And there are always three sides to a story. Your side, their side and the truth.

Perspective makes all the difference.

I have ordered from Jeff 3 times. Defiance my first lightsaber, and it took 8 weeks to get it to me. Thats how long he said it would take. On the other hand, An ANH obi from his saber kit came to me in 2 days after payment. My third was 2 antham stunts. They came in 2 weeks. So I can say i have nothing but god things to say about Jeff.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back