For the Jurassic Park John Hammond Mosquito in Amber Cane Top What kind of Polishing Compound Would Be Best For The Resin?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ArcSpectator

To begin with I just did this project on the John Hammond Cane Top: My experimental DIY attempt on the John Hammond Cane Top(with Easter egg)

Anyways, after sanding it I sprayed it with Rustoleum Crystal Clear enamel and while it did help with giving the resin in particular more clarity, being that it’s a coat layering over the resin, it does have a tendency of leaving some uneven ooze marks or something.
3D4A3C25-5D07-4CA8-8227-892B4D72EFB4.jpeg

2F35C572-001A-4559-9DCD-DCE3F20E204F.jpeg

D1A79B3E-DA66-4C74-AF63-F071FBC12F38.jpeg

So I thought about that for the next time I cast another mosquito in amber, I would try the alternative waxing or polishing the hardened and sanded resin.
But I don’t know which brand of polishing compound would suit this best.
Any type you can recommend please? Thank you.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

doppelganger

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I used 2k clear laquer on mine and it didnt need polishing it comes out so smooth. I understand 2k might not be a choice for everyone so for spray can laquer any kind of car paint restorer like T-Cut or G3 compound should do it.

Attachments

• IMG-20190530-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190530-WA0007.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 16