Paint up Usurper P1 mask

Dakath

I have this wonderfull piece allready for a few months and finaly (because of a non latex drying weather) I found some time to start painting this one.

It was foamed up last weekend, some quills on it and now the first paint.

I only did the back of the head and the eyes, tomorrow a little more.

ScreenShot244.jpg

ScreenShot244.jpg

Solid start man, I've Lee's Wolf to tackle in the next month so will be watching this thread closely.

Are you using latex paints or inks or what? I've found so much information on how to airbrush this stuff my head is fried with what I actually need to get!

Solid start man, I've Lee's Wolf to tackle in the next month so will be watching this thread closely.

Are you using latex paints or inks or what? I've found so much information on how to airbrush this stuff my head is fried with what I actually need to get!

I'm using a mixture of latex, acrylic paint and ammonia. Make sure you do it with breathing protection and a ventilated room.

And, use a spraygun with an external mix when you spraypaint with latex. The Badger 350 is a real goed spraygun for that kind of work.

But that is for the base colours, shades and details I'm doing with a mixture of acrylics and ammonia. The ammonia "eats" into the latex. After that sealed with permawet and you have no cracks.

For that I'm using a Badger 150. Clean the gun well after use because the ammonia will "eat" the copper in the spraygun.

he seems to be getting there, but you paint backwards to me from the look of it, i always go from light to dark when using my airbrush, different from paining with acrylics by hand where i go from dark to light, still, i look forward to seeing the end result

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back