OWK Real Parts Guide

Remote People

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thought it would be fun to put together a higher definition update of the original OWK lightsaber parts guides we see on the RPF and elsewhere (Seth's excellent and seminal reference excepted). So, using some of the brilliant and talented images found on the Real Vintage Part thread, have compiled the rough draft below. If you see an image in it that belongs to you please let me know so I can credit it properly. Conversely if you have an image you want to nominate for inclusion or any other criticism, please post below. [Note: the transistors/op-amps and washers have yet to be fully confirmed] Thanks and hope this is useful or at least somewhat entertaining...

Parts 0 of 5.png

Parts 1 of 5.png

Parts 2 of 5.png

Parts 3 of 5.png

Parts 4 of 5.png

Parts 5 of 5.png

Last edited:
Beautiful images. nice work! I need to start collecting parts and try to make this prop. I've seen all the parts come and go over the years I just have always been hesitant to go down that crazy expensive rabbit hole. I do think the Motorola amplifiers are quite possibly incorrect, though I'd hate to see you ruin such a nice presentation, but I'd point that out. I'm in the camp of believing they are actually the 10 pin IC by Marconi discovered by V321 in a recent thread.

What you’ve called a “heat sink” for the aircraft mounted ANM2 Browning, is actually a recoil booster.
Those washers are not accurate, and may mislead uninformed people.
The proper numerical order for the hales rifle grenade is No. 3 Mk 1, the common parlance for what you’ve listed as the grenades “turbine” is a wind vane.
Common language, or jargon, is important in a group discussion.

Last edited:
Will transpose the nomenclature for the grenade and the ANM2. Thanks for those! As included in the original post, the transistors/op-amps and washers have yet to be fully confirmed so if you have a detailed image of either of those please post it! Until then and like many, many props across many different universes, it is speculative.

The chronicles saber uses a strip from an Exactra 20, the frosted strip with a fully round bubble, same as in the photos in the first post, but it should be noted only exactra 20 has this strip, not the 19

I still like the one I made back in 2006, my format isn’t as slick and polished but I still find it copied all over the internet.

View attachment 1413962
I never knew you created this beautiful work of art! This was my version of the “Lamborghini poster” on my wall. I would gaze upon it as I drifted off to sleep at night, dreaming “one day”.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back