Out with the old, in with the BADASS!!!

Well, backer rods dont have the same swing as dreads, so using a wig and make dreads out of that would look (and move) better. Seeing as if you are going with a human hunter, "real" dreads would make you more of a hybrid. So I think having a wig and make dreads out of that would both be easier and cheaper then spending hours working with backer rods, and then find a way to stick them to a hat and look good.

Just my two cents.

I knew those weapons looked familiar.....Prince Nuada's swords/spear from Hellboy II. Gonna be a nice suit when done.

they are indeed...with one twist that i'll share when i get them made...thanx for the compliment Bovine, i cant wait to get this one done!!!

Quick question on your design...did you get the inspiration from the game Force unleased?

YUPP...I said that in my first post...I wanted to make my suit look a little more Human & I wanted something that was pretty simple as well as kick ass looking, so I scrapped my previous design & went with this one.

ok here's my problem...I am a human hunter & I have been thinking about my dreads...but as you can see, there's a problem with dreading my own hair...
ME.jpg

...I dont have ANY!!!

...so I need to make my own headpiece & my idea was to take a black latex swimcap & attach my Dreads to it using Gorilla Glue. My question is this...should I go & get a crap ton of wigs & make my dreads look more human or go with the tradional "Pred" look? I am leaning more towards the "Pred" look, but Id like your opinions.

I am also thinking if I do the Pred style dreads, that a human would not have dreads that are as thick as a Predators, so I was thinking about having thinner dreads (something like 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 inch sizes for layering purposes). As my suit is going to be a slightly more expensive budget suit & the fact that im leaning towards the Pred look for my dreads I was planning on using Backer Rod for them & then adding the Dread Beads & other bits & bobs (including leather lacing) for decorations.

anyway...any advice would be appreciated, as I am gearing up to attempt to start my headpiece.

...also just an FYI....I updated my "loadout" see the Bolded sections in my post #1
Greeting Un-Blooded. I don't think your dilemma is as bad as you may think it is.

Here's why.

The dreads that the Yautja sport are actually part of their biology...the thickness and texture is obviously different than that of a human's and should not be an issue for your particular costume idea. Yautja dreads are solid, smooth & almost rubber-like. The difference in Yautja & human dreads can be seen in Machiko, a female human hunter, who sports typical human dreads with the obvious addition of traditional Yautja dread beads. Your best bet would probably be to scour the web for dread lock wigs or extensions. If you're unfamiliar with Machiko, here she is:

900183_press06-001.jpg

900183_press16-001.jpg

Notice that the texture of her hair is still that of a human - you can see the individual strands of hair that make up each individual dread lock. I hope that helps.

ME.jpg

900183_press06-001.jpg

900183_press16-001.jpg

Have a look at this Un-Blooded.

15FW8158R.jpg

30" Long Dreads
They are obviously targeted at Rob Zombie fans & they look pretty damn real, additionally, they more closely resemble Machiko's style over the traditional dread lock wigs you'd find on the web.

15FW8158R.jpg

Thaden, thanx for the tips, but Im well aware of Machiko. I own every Predator novel ever written as well as the AVP Omnibus volume 1. I know everything there is to know about the Predator culture, the origin & meaning of thier dreads as well as the difference in appearance between Predator & Human. I may have found a solution for mine & my girls dreads...thanks for all the help & tips that you all have given me so far. been working on stuff when I can so hopefully I'll have some updates for you guys soon

Sorry I have missed this thread Chris, but @ least I know what you finally look like :D I like the drawings and I hope that you are able to find the solutions to your problems.

Hey guys...sorry for the lag in updates, I was without my phone for about a month & I couldnt upload any pics...I have been slowly working on a few things for my Suit (horray I have sharp pointy things now!!!). below are my main weapons in progress, some are a bit further along in their progress than others so let me know what you think about what Ive got done so far:

these are MY Riddick Claws...they will be carried under my backpack with the handles sticking out on either side...about 95% complete, all I need to do is wrap the handles with leather
RiddicksClaws.jpg

My Sword...this will be carried horizontally across the small of my back...about 80% complete, needs an edge on it & the blade needs paint (gonna get the same paint as the Riddick claws, a couple of coats of hammered black)
MySword.jpg

My Spear...will be carried on my right shoulder...about 50% complete,need to put an edge on the blade, put in the extention (trying for about 6 foot or reach) & then paint the handle & blade
MySpear.jpg

my sword & spear also have a trick that once they are finished I will reveal (is the suspense killing you yet...MUAHAHAHA) :rolleyes:

lookin forward to hearin what you guys think about my new toys...thanx in advance for all comments

Chris

RiddicksClaws.jpg

MySword.jpg

MySpear.jpg

these are MY Riddick Claws...they will be carried under my backpack with the handles sticking out on either side...about 95% complete, all I need to do is wrap the handles with leather
RiddicksClaws.jpg

haha, i love it... i was thinkin of doin the same thing, but only one as a "trophy" if you get wut i mean :rolleyes:

RiddicksClaws.jpg

Ok guys...I have been slowly workin on random bits for my Suit & have completed my MAIN weaponry (minus the Shoulder Cannon). so without further adeu, my collection of Sharp Pointy Things...

here is the whole collection...
MySharpPointyThings.jpg

these are the completed "Riddick Claws"...I finally got the handles wrapped in black suede...
completedclaws.jpg

...the completed Sword...
CompletedSword.jpg

...the completed spear (collapsed)...
CompletedSpear.jpg

...the completed Spear (extended), got over 6' feet of reach with this thing (thanx MacGuyver for the Tripod idea)
CompletedSpearextended.jpg

...so that's it for now...hopefully gonna be starting my armor this weekend...got the clothes im gonna wear under my armor a sleeveless black "Under Armor" shirt (no this was NOT intentional, got it cuz it'll keep me cool in my gear) & a pair of Black Miltary BDU pants...I'm pretty pleased with them myself & managed to surprise a few people with my skill (including myself) & can't wait to hear what you guys think of my new toys, so FIRE AWAY!!!!!

MySharpPointyThings.jpg

completedclaws.jpg

CompletedSword.jpg

CompletedSpear.jpg

CompletedSpearextended.jpg

Wow talk about one brilliant suit. Its a big change for your original I think, going from Trojan/spartan to star wars but at least it fits the space jump. I love the concept, as for the boots...I'd just try adding some pred style toe dusters to the tops and see if maybe that appeals more to the eye of the fans. :) VinMan makes some useful templates too that are pretty easy to work with.

That is definatly a wicked looking Human Hunter though.

Hello,

That is pretty cool,just from the first glance it has that Boba Fett appearence to it.Will be neat to see the end result.

Daren

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back