Origins of the AA/SDS Armor

I didn't mean to give the impression that I was bewildered -- not sure where you got that from. This thread got quiet. I said so. It is what it is. No biggy. I honestly wasn't looking for explanations on why people aren't posting.

Anyway, sorry. I really don't want to turn this into a discussion on the discussion of AA so I will leave it at that and hope we get some pictures and insightful posts about the topic at hand. :)

Cheers.
TJ

I'm sure the interest in this subject is just as strong as ever.
It's just that there really isn't much to discuss without good pics for comparisons. I think everyone is just waiting for those to come available. I think we all want to see first hand what the deal is with the armor out in plain sight (quality comparisons) before it gets labeled as anything.

Actually well stated. I'm still waiting for my armor... :unsure

Originally posted by GINO@Nov 29 2005, 10:37 AM
I'm sure the interest in this subject is just as strong as ever.
It's just that there really isn't much to discuss without good pics for comparisons. I think everyone is just waiting for those to come available.  I think we all want to see first hand what the deal is with the armor out in plain sight (quality comparisons) before it gets labeled as anything.
[snapback]1124590[/snapback]​

Here's some of pics I took.
AA1.jpg

AA2.jpg

AA3.jpg

AA4.jpg

AA5.jpg

AA6.jpg

Originally posted by Ghost Host@Nov 29 2005, 07:00 PM
Actually well stated.  I'm still waiting for my armor...  :unsure

Hi GH and rigormortis,

Any luck yet on getting your SDS armour just wondered if you are still going to post pics for comparison?

Cheers Chris.

Yea, once I get it. I just got a notice from AA saying the armor has shipped. Just my luck, as I will be out of town all week next week. :unsure

Originally posted by voice in the crowd+Dec 23 2005, 07:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(voice in the crowd @ Dec 23 2005, 07:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ghost Host
@Nov 29 2005, 07:00 PM
Actually well stated.  I'm still waiting for my armor...   :unsure

Hi GH and rigormortis,

Any luck yet on getting your SDS armour just wondered if you are still going to post pics for comparison?

Cheers Chris.
[snapback]1142284[/snapback]​
[/b]

Great news GH. Well, that it's shipped. Not so much that you won't be around to get it. :(

On another note (this isn't directed to you GH), this isn't a show off thread.

It isn't about if the armor looks nice or if you want it.

It's to hopefully study the suit and, well, who am I kidding? In all honesty it will hopefully either confirm or deny the suspicions and accusations surrounding this armour. If it also helps us understand the originals in the process, all the better.

Please bear that in mind when posting. Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers.
TJ

I got mine today. Let the party commence. This is my first full set of stormy armor and I must say it was a bitch to put on. I don't know how the 501st can do this all the time.
j5j7yb.jpg
j5inow.jpg

Very happy to see you've got your armor (at last) and it looks great. Putting on armor gets quicker each time you do it. Before you know it, you'll be donning it in 10 mins or less. :)

Still waiting for mine. :( So much for shooting extra money so it'd get here quicker... That'll never, ever happen again.

When it (ever) arrives, I'll post some detailed comparison pics as I have access to several different suits.

I am seriously considering getting the SS SDS armour-- I would be interested in all the comparisons- pro vs cons for each option--thanks guys as this thread will be helpful

Congrats Jediwannabe. Hey I got mine today too. I will just be brief now as it's Christmas eve and all that. Here are some quick pics for the moment. They're crap but in about a week I'll be able to snap some good comparisons with the GF suit. In a nutshell I am quite impressed with the packing and the quality of the parts. Sturdy and pretty. A few oddities I have to look into, but I love it. :)

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TAD5AtcXWqi...553187482032190

Damn, none of my image codes is working here anymore...? Sorry for the tease. I'll have to sort this out next week. Merry Christmas.

[image]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TAD5AtcXWqiHuqkmej6iyer9fV*abKmhAqFH*joMdxmPZ5owMCnn7aTm*cDyS38qCd2TzUi2pVXREBOANUrqeMdi4VmxVMTEeeqH4ybBCGclsuky46tA4g/first%20collage.jpg?dc=4675553187482032190
[/image]

Originally posted by Ghost Host@Dec 25 2005, 12:22 AM
Damn, none of my image codes is working here anymore...?  Sorry for the tease.  I'll have to sort this out next week.  Merry Christmas.
[snapback]1143390[/snapback]​

Teasing on Christmas morning is bad... :cry

Enjoy your holiday and we'll get back at it when the dust settles. :thumbsup

Bruce

Wow, the whole thing is different from the GF. I had a feeling this was the case after the first pics I saw posted of it. Even in the spots that appear similar, there are structural differences that can only be accounted for by a completely different mould. The sharpness of the SDS compared to the GF blows me away.

More pics GH...

Dave :)

Interesting to note that the long vertical strip on the belly lacks the groove in the middle like the originals had....

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back