ORCA scratch build

scaled up the shark I bought from CG traders to print out (well you knew I would) printed the head first but it seemed massive. carried on anyway as I'd scaled it to 25ft, well the more that comes of the print the more right it feels. my good that shark was big. photos to follow.
I was joking earlier about getting a real spiny dogfish shark... but funny enough it turns out one might come to you if you're testing in the Thames:

Watch out that your animatronic doesn't attract a mate!

scaled up the shark I bought from CG traders to print out (well you knew I would) printed the head first but it seemed massive. carried on anyway as I'd scaled it to 25ft, well the more that comes of the print the more right it feels. my good that shark was big. photos to follow.

We're gonna need a bigger boat...

D3E1ABF9-CF73-43A6-B8A4-AECC2C7A10F0.jpeg
4490E070-AE3D-4E99-A594-F5831C4717EA.jpeg

Beautiful paint jobs.

BTW, it just occurs to me - Does the Orca have scuppers? [holes in the deck surface / sides to drain water overboard]

I don't recall noticing them, but I'd imagine a deck this size might have them... unless water just flows into the bilge and gets pumped out that way? Maybe worth a double-check just in case.

Beautiful paint jobs.

BTW, it just occurs to me - Does the Orca have scuppers? [holes in the deck surface / sides to drain water overboard]

I don't recall noticing them, but I'd imagine a deck this size might have them... unless water just flows into the bilge and gets pumped out that way? Maybe worth a double-check just in case.
I don’t think so it a double skinned lobster boat but the are to pump ports one on the side and one on the transom.

How did you achieve the chair's leather look? Really great detailing... :cool: :cool: (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: When I see the amount of work involved on the ORCA (and the speed of the build), I wondered why that Spinner took so much out of you:unsure:...or am I mixing apples and oranges in terms of construction and difficulty level?

How did you achieve the chair's leather look? Really great detailing... :cool: :cool: (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: When I see the amount of work involved on the ORCA (and the speed of the build), I wondered why that Spinner took so much out of you:unsure:...or am I mixing apples and oranges in terms of construction and difficulty level?
I screwed up the spinner build by thinking I would make molds I make a few for friends, it made the whole process that bit more complicated and expensive. also, I spent 2 of those years in Atlanta with no workshop, so it was on hold. I knew I'd made a mistake early on which made it hard to go back to.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back