ORCA scratch build

Flimzy, between the Spinner and the Orca, the quality of your work is quite simply rediculous. I really think you could have a great career working in movies!:)
You jest...:unsure::p She's a Pro with a capital P already!! Great vid flimzy; it's a great re-cap of all the pics and the different stages of construction.
Eager to see your next update; because, frankly, you're making my day every time you post something:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Joberg, I was of course Jesting. I have since Lol'd a tad and will ROFL presently.
Likewise I head to this thread every day, just to see more sublime work, and the pace is relentless. At this rate "We're going to need a bigger ...thread."

Farewell and Adieu.....

Joberg, I was of course Jesting. I have since Lol'd a tad and will ROFL presently.
Likewise I head to this thread every day, just to see more sublime work, and the pace is relentless. At this rate "We're going to need a bigger ...thread."

Farewell and Adieu.....
I think my best days on movies are behind me. it's a young person's game and to be honest, I don't think movies are as good as they used to be.
May last job was Art directing the new reboot Tardis, when they offered me the job they said it was a career killer so I said yet :).
I'm done with Marvel as I saw out the last of my eara. and I haven't liked any of the new Starwars projects ( controversial I know ) the old-school
way of making films has completely gone I don't enjoy it like I used to. this is way more fun.

I think my best days on movies are behind me. it's a young person's game and to be honest, I don't think movies are as good as they used to be.
May last job was Art directing the new reboot Tardis, when they offered me the job they said it was a career killer so I said yet :).
I'm done with Marvel as I saw out the last of my eara. and I haven't liked any of the new Starwars projects ( controversial I know ) the old-school
way of making films has completely gone I don't enjoy it like I used to. this is way more fun.
I agree, movies laden with CGI are for me, a horrible experience. I love old school. Just imagine a CGI laden The Abyss!! ( excluding the ILM water spout ). For me light plays more naturally over a physical model plus the director really has to choose the scenes he wants due to the time and effort to create the sets, models, camera systems etc. With CGI, the studio is hedging their bets against the director screwing up. Its easy to re-shoot anything they don't like. Its such a shame that all CGI movies have the same type of scenes, it seems CGI has limited their imagination. Super hero movies are tiresome and lazy. And yes folks I am an old fart, born and raised on Star Trek, Thunderbirds, UFO ( All Gerry Anderson) , Irwin Allen shows, Jaws, Close Encounters, Alien, E.T, The Thing (1982 obvs) Blade Runner and on and on.

Only non IV, V V! Star wars movie i liked was Rogue One as it was sort of gritty and they all died :p

Bring back the ingenuity of the FX chaps designing ways to make visual effects happen. Bring back Old School in camera.

Now Flimzy...get back to the Orca.

BTW, those turnbuckles are awesome!
:)

Last edited:
DB074778-2A30-4620-B223-822D8929F51D.jpeg

"On my left middle ab - that's a brush with a tiger shark. Right pec - lobster claw to the nipple. And look here on my pinky toe..."

I agree, movies laden with CGI are for me, a horrible experience. I love old school. Just imagine a CGI laden The Abyss!! ( excluding the ILM water spout ). For me light plays more naturally over a physical model plus the director really has to choose the scenes he wants due to the time and effort to create the sets, models, camera systems etc. With CGI, the studio is hedging their bets against the director screwing up. Its easy to re-shoot anything they don't like. Its such a shame that all CGI movies have the same type of scenes, it seems CGI has limited their imagination. Super hero movies are tiresome and lazy. And yes folks I am an old fart, born and raised on Star Trek, Thunderbirds, UFO ( All Gerry Anderson) , Irwin Allen shows, Jaws, Close Encounters, Alien, E.T, The Thing (1982 obvs) Blade Runner and on and on.

Only non IV, V V! Star wars movie i liked was Rogue One as it was sort of gritty and they all died :p

Bring back the ingenuity of the FX chaps designing ways to make visual effects happen. Bring back Old School in camera.

Now Flimzy...get back to the Orca.

BTW, those turnbuckles are awesome!
:)
I'm 100% with you on that discussion mate:cool::cool:(y)(y)

scaled up the shark I bought from CG traders to print out (well you knew I would) printed the head first but it seemed massive. carried on anyway as I'd scaled it to 25ft, well the more that comes of the print the more right it feels. my good that shark was big. photos to follow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back