ORCA scratch build

started chum buckets, printed binoculars and case. brass arrived, and had another go at sculpting in Blender, I'm happier
Brody sculpt.JPG
with this one

I'm no computer sculptor, so the elephant in the room is NECA aren't making a Brody so unless a super talented Z brush guy is watching its down to me to figer out something. Is there any point in the movie where he has a paper bag on his head.
View attachment 1636819
Well, I'm no expert by any means, but I did a digital sculpt/3D print of Harrison Ford (my thread if you're curious):

So I spent a few hours taking a crack at Brody using Blender today. Still rough, but it's coming along a lot quicker than my Deckard bust. Here's a few quick renders:
Brody 2.png
Brody 1.png
Brody 3.png

I'm not trying to hijack your thread by any means, I figured if I can get this to a point where I think it's good enough, maybe you could use it. I have no experience with making NECA replacement heads, but maybe I can make it so it'll work.

EDIT: Just saw your progress on your Brody head, looking good! You probably won't need my meager attempt.
EDIT 2: I like that you got his glasses tilted, like Scheider wore them in the film!

I remember earlier this year, Adam Savage's Tested youtube channel, Norm covered a Hasbro Selfie Series, where one could order a 3D print of oneself as a stormtrooper, or a Normtrooper in that instance. But it seems there was an app, where one just had to take profile pics with the app of front, side, side, etc Always wondered if one could cheat it by using the camera on printouts. Thing was, it was only for 6 inch figures . There was a Disney thing years ago though that did a 7 inch and 16 inch 3d figure print.

Bloop Great spot about the glasses. I guess Brody fell asleep wearing his glasses a lot! Working too late!

Last edited:
I made some more progress on my Brody head, so I decided to do my own progress thread in the Sculpture section of the site:
Again, I'm not wanting to hijack your thread (part of why I started my own), but I wanted to let you know in case your own sculpt doesn't work out or whatever. Here's where I'm at now (sorry, last pic, I swear), more details over on my thread:
Brody 8.png

I made some more progress on my Brody head, so I decided to do my own progress thread in the Sculpture section of the site:
Again, I'm not wanting to hijack your thread (part of why I started my own), but I wanted to let you know in case your own sculpt doesn't work out or whatever. Here's where I'm at now (sorry, last pic, I swear), more details over on my thread:
View attachment 1638942
Your not hijacking anything I’m greatful for any help. Sculpt is looking really good. I’m following your thread now :)

Last edited:
filmzy,
Absolutely over the top on attention to detail. Glad you went large to enable such without becoming cluttered. Really over the top.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back