ORCA scratch build

Ooh, excited. I know I bought a right-hand screw and the normal is left-hand but I didn't know that at the time but still it's so pretty.
IMG_2698.JPG

Beauty all around and the placing of the Quinn figure makes it all come alive :cool: :cool: (y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:
As far as your "Room Problem"; it can be solved real easy by lending me your fantastic Spinner. I'll sacrifice myself (and my relationship with the wife) to store it in my house free of charge:p:p

Man you are moving at lightning speed! judging from your past work I'm going out on a limb and say this is probably going to be one of the most accurate looking Orca models made blows my little humble build out of the water that needs to still be finished Lol.

Attachments

• 20220112_143034 (1).jpg
    20220112_143034 (1).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
Man you are moving at lightning speed! judging from your past work I'm going out on a limb and say this is probably going to be one of the most accurate looking Orca models made blows my little humble build out of the water that needs to still be finished Lol.
Thank you, I am trying to be as accurate as possible. I've screen-grabbed the living **** out of the film and found as many shots of the boat being transported as possible for the hull. ( i should credit the person who supplied those and the website but I forgot, I will post them here with credit when I remember where I got them) I have not bothered with the lower deck too much as it won't be seen too much in the final model. I will update my CAD model as I go with anything else I discover so at a later date I might do a 6th scale dream build.

Is that your mast you made there?

And the clapboards (not the right term I bet)- are they nailed to the (not sure of the term for the structural members) sprues maybe? If nailed, what nailer are you using?

Wow, that is coming along nicely, I love the detail that you are getting.
will this be for display only or will it actually be functional (i.e. take it with you in the bathtub)? :)

Is that your mast you made there?

And the clapboards (not the right term I bet)- are they nailed to the (not sure of the term for the structural members) sprues maybe? If nailed, what nailer are you using?
10mm brad nails on a very low pressure, The mast is tapered from oval to round so I couldn't just use a dowel.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back