Oni / Buhal'ra (Southeast Asian / Pacific) Yautja

Interesting "stick" on that concept-art.

1sketch.jpg

I had a thought about the back of the foot, where the nail on the backside protrudes; the surface area of that part of the armour is quite large and you could consider detailing it by adding something around the nail, like a circular pattern. Narin does something similar sometimes, like on the alternative hunter. Just a thought. Keep those updates coming! :)
View attachment 264751

Cheers M! :D I did thought abut that back plate, it does look bland and there's certainly heaps of room to put something on there but haven't totally decided what ;P Glad you thought the same!

I also like spikey calves.
Cheers Okami! I saw that from Narin's as well, and really thought hard about putting spikes similar to what you posted (still thinking)..maybe I will :) But then if there were spikes, I would have to make a shin armour that's open at the back..it is interesting most definitely..but then, don't you think it's gonna be too much?
You know, if less is more? Sorry, I’m rambling on here..LOL

Thanks for your feedback fellas, will defo work on it a little bit more!
Cheers all!

Got busy again these past few days with RL, but was able to put in an hour into making those changes from your feedbacks (Thanks so much again!) I'm at this stage of the sculpt where I'm pretty happy with the sculpt and afraid by adding more, i'm making it worse? does that make any sense? LOL :D I realize there's always room for improvement, but sometimes, you just gotta step back and..take the leap! :D
04Apr2017-progress.jpg

Added more 'old skin lines', the design of the back plate, addes more 'scratches' here and there (some at the front) and, really thought hard about the spikes, but I plan to use this leg as a base for all my future preds (if..LOL) so did a compromise and put in some spikey hair pores ;P

Now on to the left foot! :D Feedback/comments still very much appreciated! Cheers all! :D

Cheers Okami! :) I plan to have the assymetrical/irregular armour part on the shoulder and maybe the hands.. as I haven't decided if i want to have 2 wrist blades or 1...speaking of.. Had some free time yesterday at work (shhhh.. ;P ) and made a diagram..it's not as detailed as I want as it is in my head, but just to show you a rough idea on how I plan to implement the Balisong wrist blades. :)
Wrist-Balisong-frames.jpg

Fig. 01 shows the 'rest' position and just wanted to show you what sort of rotating joints will be at the end of the stationary safe handle. The latch will be some spring/trigger/lock thing, where i can 'unlock' it somewhere near my hands that is hidden. From then, Gravity or the swinging motion of my arms will hopefully, flip it like a real, regular balisong blade. :D Let me know what you think :D

Cheers all!

Cheers Okami! :) I plan to have the assymetrical/irregular armour part on the shoulder and maybe the hands.. as I haven't decided if i want to have 2 wrist blades or 1...speaking of.. Had some free time yesterday at work (shhhh.. ;P ) and made a diagram..it's not as detailed as I want as it is in my head, but just to show you a rough idea on how I plan to implement the Balisong wrist blades. :)View attachment 264823

Fig. 01 shows the 'rest' position and just wanted to show you what sort of rotating joints will be at the end of the stationary safe handle. The latch will be some spring/trigger/lock thing, where i can 'unlock' it somewhere near my hands that is hidden. From then, Gravity or the swinging motion of my arms will hopefully, flip it like a real, regular balisong blade. :D Let me know what you think :D

Cheers all!
:eek::eek::eek:

The moves of a balisong look smooth when you can move it freely in your hand(s).
But seeing this mounted to an arm, you have to do some birdman-moves to open it.
In my imagination this opening-procedure looks a bit goofy …

My preference is an economical 180 radius flip of the blade.

Ohnge Titel-2.jpg

Thanks for the feedback Okami :)

But I was thinking, I will mostly use gravity to help with the momentum of flicking the blades..I know the movement involved will be 'large' as you say, but, I feel though if it's not executed as such, it will negate the whole idea of a Balisong themed wrist blade altogether..I should atleast try, right? :) I mean, If it really looks silly, I'll be more than happy to scratch the whole thing completely :)

I definitely appreciate the feed back though! Thanks!

Sorry, been away again! ;P

Okami, my friend, that's an idea I will let simmer, definitely :)

I'm gonna need another 2 lbs of the Chavant to start on the left foot, but while waiting, I had some spare Epoxy putty just sitting there supposedly for another project, but haven't even started that, so made use of a few strips to make the dread beads! Started off wanting it to have a somewhat pacific/Maori theme, but I fail at copying the beautiful intricacies of Maori carvings, and ended up just making a sort of rib cage/small animal skeleton feel...it's not perfect, and I haven't sanded it down or finalised it for casting, but I love it! :D I realize they're pretty big, 53cm long, but I'm not gonna put them on all 78 dreads, just around 22-26 of them dotted around, if it still looks chunky, I might cut some of them down in the middle...Cheers all! :D
01May2017-progress.jpg

Your dread-rings have a very organic appeal. Very nice.
Good choice to use not too many of them, because of their size they hide to much of the structure of your unique dreads.

Speeking of organic: I saw on the cover of a Batman/Predator comic a turtle-shell was used as shoulder-armor by the Predator.
Since this animal is not unusual in the Southeast Asian, a turtle-shell would also suit your Predator.

tlU5nlj.jpg

turtle shoulder-pad.jpg

Awesome find Okami!!!! :D I love the turtle shell idea!!!

Was originally going to go 1 shoulder, but after you've shown me that, I'll put the turtle shell on the left one! Thanks so much for that! :)

In AVP the Chopper-Pred has some skulls mounded on sticks on his back.
How about inpale skulls on the endings of the axes?
I would even like to see a buddha-head inpaled, this shows more of the bad attidude of your Oni.

Celtic_and_Chopper.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Ohne Titel-1-.jpg

a155da33fe1b23e7edaf6254fe4cc8a2.jpg

The more I look at stills of the Preds from AVP, the more I see them as 'Suits'..I love ADI's concepts and all, but even when I first watched AVP years ago, I've always thought that the 'Preds' looked sub par to the original one.

On topic though, that's yet another awesome idea Dom! :D

I've been looking at Ifugao stuff again, and ever since I've thought about this build, I've always asked myself if I should go with a backpack or not, but I didn't want the stereotypical Predator backpack (too tech-y), and I've always had my heart set on this if I ever pushed through...
Pasiking.jpg

It's an Ifugao Hunter Backpack called a Pasiking. Like your regular pack, but the ifugao used to transport the heads of their enemies in these and the 'fur' serves like a raincoat/camo (makes you look like a wild pig when hunched and keeps you cool) I used to have one, but without the pineapple fibers (Apparently, only Hunters are allowed the ones with 'fur', according to tribal elders).

Made a quick sketch on what it would sort of look like on Isu..I reckon it looks mean, what do you think? :p Cheers Dom! Love flinging ideas with you back and forth!
Isubomo-Yautja-Pasiking.jpg

Indeed, that Pasiking looks mean.
It`s a good addition for the Oni.

ADI`s AVP concept art was great, the movie was not!
The director Paul Anderson did a good job on “Event Horizon”
But unfortunately AVP is in the same league like “Terminator 3”.

The teenage Predators were way to bulky and their armor was too uniform (like Starship Troopers soldiers).
Anderson intention was to come to fore the heroism of the predators.
This way beasts became pets …

I like some props like bios of celtic and elder, dagger, big cannon, longer blades (but not the longest version).
Bruce Spaulding Fuller was the only artist working for ADI, who also did sculpting for P2. His work is stunning.

640px-Ancientpred_biomask.jpg

gallery_4038_4_410440.jpg

gallery_4038_4_107035.jpg

Cheers J! :D So I should push through with the bag eh? And I mean, If I do get one, I can easily wear it on or take it off anyway :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back