Oni / Buhal'ra (Southeast Asian / Pacific) Yautja

Pock marks and dents on a bio tell a story and are good addition.

predatorac013.jpg

WOW!!! Thanks Okami!!! Most excellent suggestions man!!! :D

I do love the silver with the blood splatter, and the one with heavy oxidation as well..thank you!!!

As always, I appreciate all your ideas Okami! Glad you like my earlier sculpt. Thanks! :D

On the same note, if I haven’t said it enough, I just want to thank all those who’ve been a tremendous help so far..You know who you are! ;)

Couldn’t have gotten to where I am at the moment with the project without all your inputs/advices! Most recently, one of these is M77, who, upon just knowing that I was trying to save up for a compressor (and having a really hard time at it), sent this gift!
Gift-from-M77.jpg

Can’t thank you enough bro, and I hope to do, nay, will do something similar when the time comes…Now I really need to do the paint job on the head! ;P lol

Will definitely do that, soon as I finish making the dummy base for the leg sculpts though :D
06Mar2017-progress.jpg

As always, I appreciate all your ideas Okami! Glad you like my earlier sculpt. Thanks! :D

On the same note, if I haven’t said it enough, I just want to thank all those who’ve been a tremendous help so far..You know who you are! ;)

Couldn’t have gotten to where I am at the moment with the project without all your inputs/advices! Most recently, one of these is M77, who, upon just knowing that I was trying to save up for a compressor (and having a really hard time at it), sent this gift!
View attachment 264578

Can’t thank you enough bro, and I hope to do, nay, will do something similar when the time comes…Now I really need to do the paint job on the head! ;P lol

Will definitely do that, soon as I finish making the dummy base for the leg sculpts though :D
View attachment 264579
Priscilla Queen of the Desert would be proud of those man!

Feet! :D 1.5 hours in..long way to go of course...wanted to make a 'bare' feet at the start, and put the armour on later using resin, sort of like strapping it on, so I can use these feet for other builds, but seeing that it's as thick as it is (Alphatech's feet were bloody brilliant, but I didn't want mine to be humongous) I might have to sculpt the armour in, so the feet itself won't look bloated...I've got the clay in some parts only less than 1mm thick..
12Mar2017-progress.jpg

Cheers all!

Cool to see your progress dude! Somehow, I've missed a whole load of your latest progress reports, been a bit preoccupied with work stuff lately.
Love the Dancing Queen Disco boots :D and those Bio castings look pretty good! (And a good project to start honing your air brush skills!)
Okami is sharing a wealth of ideas here! I like the leg bandages, might work well with your non-tech design, and solve the problem of 'bulkiness' of the feet.
Did you already tackle the issue for the wrist blades to pop out without using tech?

Last edited:
Hey Fellas! Sorry wasn't able to log in for a couple of days..got busy with our Winter Catalogue and had to do some bit of overtime...anyway, that's done, so back to work! ;P

27Mar2017-progress.jpg

about 95% happy with it, just need a little bit more clean-up..the 'sculpted-in armour' did really help heaps in making it way less bloated, and though it's still looks a bit huge, I took a peek at most of Narin's Pred feet and they actually are close proportionately. I mean, to be honest, the one of the things I agree with Master Jeff (Alphatech) is that the jungle/city predators had feet too small for their heads. I don't want to sound blasphemous, but I actually prefer Narin's proportions of his predators. ;P

Constructive feedback most appreciated! ;D

Okami and M77, as usual, your warm words and your ideas are always, always, always welcomed! Rgarding the tattoos Okami, those geometrical patterns are pretty similiar to Pacific/Philippine tribal tattoos, so will definitely incorporate a danny boy there ;)
Kalinga-Tattoo_4waves-tribe_2_web.jpg

Some of my 'modern' fellow tribe warriors, and he's holding a Kalinga Head hunting Axe which will be Isubomo's main weapon and he will have 2. :)

M77, Yes, I have. sort of, lol. I haven't posted a diagram for it, but my wrist blade will technically be a forearm length Balisong, and It will 'flip' instead of popping out :D Once I've got the feet sorted, I'll post a proper diagram and it will probably be the next thing I do for this project, and I know I said no tech, but I don't consider a swivel joint tech, but rather a machine, like a pulley, you know? And those things have been around for thousands of years :D

Cheers all! :D

I don't consider a swivel joint tech, but rather a machine, like a pulley, you know? And those things have been around for thousands of years :D

It would be perfectly compatible with your non tech approach; techniques with springs and such have been used for hunting traps and weapons for ages. Curious to see how you'll be doing that.

Also great job on the feet, those look mean! Cool to see all the progress since your update two weeks ago.

I had a thought about the back of the foot, where the nail on the backside protrudes; the surface area of that part of the armour is quite large and you could consider detailing it by adding something around the nail, like a circular pattern. Narin does something similar sometimes, like on the alternative hunter. Just a thought. Keep those updates coming! :)

upload_2017-3-27_9-23-27.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back