One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

edge10

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Those darn ugly lines on the bottom of the primary hull. So ugly, so wrong. That's right, I'm being that guy!

VitalNonsense

Gary Kerr, well known to enthusiasts in this thread, had this to say about Tomy's new replica that he helped with:

“This model represents the culmination of my 30+ years of research and data related to the studio model,” said Kerr. “The saucer separation capability, designed with input from well-known starship designers, sets this model apart from all previous efforts. The level of detail, saucer separation, working lights, and overall die-cast metal construction demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail.”

asalaw

Sr Member
Those darn ugly lines on the bottom of the primary hull. So ugly, so wrong. That's right, I'm being that guy!
Well, you might like them or dislike them, but they were there on the model. In person they’re very subtle, because you’re looking at pencil lines lightly scribed on a 5’ saucer. I do love the original, warts and all—and trust me, there are warts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.