Oblivion - Bubbleship

TymerDC

Sr Member
Apple Trailers just posted a featurette on the full scale Bubbleship they built for the film "Oblivion". Somehow I just know there has to be someone here wanting to build a model of this ship or some model company putting out a scaled kit or built model of it....most likely from Sideshow collectibles. Its just too cool not to. Anyone here plan on building one? Check out the featurette:

Oblivion - Movie Trailers - iTunes

Last edited:
Here are a handful of HD stills from the featurette for anyone who's interested.

Last edited:
And a few more. A couple of them have some clear shots of the front of the motorcycle in the background, which I think looks pretty cool too.

Great thread, thanks for sharing those pictures!

It looks like a cool vehicle, though somehow "Apple"-ish to me. Why not? The iCraft.

Cheers!

LOL. You just doused my fire. The design was beginning to grow on me.

SORRY!!! I did not mean to, please, go on with the build!
I like the design of that craft, I should have made that clear. It is something different from the usual military-style look.

Yes, the curves... They call for a 3D printer, I suppose. Or lots of sanding.

One point about the design, though...

If it has two main engines, what does it need a tail rotor for? I do not see how it needs to be stabilized.

Last edited:
I posted my comment on FB: Simon seems to have "stolen" it from Captain Future or he is a Future Fan
505_e8c0653f.jpg

I saw Oblivion the other day and for the first time in a long time I feel compelled to build something relating to a movie. (The last thing I built was a GeeBee Z from the Rocketeer... before that, ED209 from Robocop, yea, looong ago :) )

The Bubble ship is just do darn cool! I think I am going to start with a full CAD model first and then 3D print and mill the parts.

I was also thinking about going to the shops and scrounging for ball shaped things. I was thinking a good start would be a clear camera dome from a CCTV security cam housing. It would save a lot of moulding and polishing!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back