Obi ANH CORRECT handwheels FOUND!

I'm considering a run off this find - so stay tuned. I'll need to talk to a couple of people first...

Serafino's in New York city this weekend and will be back Monday, he's well aware of this - but I'm thinking he may chime in if he finds time to get to a cafe.

The main body of the part is plastic as speculated, although the threaded part (the bottom of the pommel end) is metal, the cap, plastic.

I'll get a comp pic up later with Roman's.

Thanks for your compliments and replies guys.

Howard. :)

Originally posted by p0sitr0nic@Aug 20 2005, 01:49 PM
Wasnt the discovery of Obi Wans saber parts one of the heralds of the apocalypse? xD
[snapback]1061969[/snapback]​

Hey, why is the sky so dark all of a sudden?

Oh Wow...
I'm processing this all right now...

Absolutely Fantastic.

I'm definately in on the run...will you make all the separate pieces?

This is exciting...

Originally posted by Sporak@Aug 20 2005, 04:09 PM
Oh Wow...
I'm processing this all right now...

Absolutely Fantastic.

I'm definately in on the run...will you make all the separate pieces?

This is exciting...
[snapback]1062023[/snapback]​

you are deffinately right when you reasembled it backwards... it just clicks, yeah, thats the way it looks.

nice, im in on the run as well, always wanted to make one of these. :)

I've been searching for those since February... glad someone finally got a hold of a pair. VERY NICE. :thumbsup

Yes, I'd like to see comparison pics with my pommel. If you don't have my latest version I'll take and post pics to match your pictures.

Great find. BTW - Is it a sure thing that the "gear" part is really a gear? I have seen heat sinks that look very similar to that part of the Obi saber.

I have no time, but

:D :D :D :D :D

Howard that additional detail of the 'gap' is even better than I'd thought. Based on the previously posted one I had thought that to be something added when the cubes were reversed. Utterly fantastic find.. Even better that the cubes are so easily reversed..

Note how the angled 'groove' which no one ever executed is created by how the bottom of the 'cube' section relates to the butt when reversed. :D

It looks like my early sense that there remained some taper in the flat surfaces between the cubes may have been correct, but I'll have to wait until I can look more closely.

I'm off to the Met...

Congratulations Howard...

Obviously some of the pommel theories can be put to rest now.

Pommel cubes upside down - CONFIRMED
Handwhell is actually an older model of AS (Rather than an different brand)- CONFIRMED

How did you happen to find these?.

DS

Originally posted by DARTH SABER@Aug 22 2005, 03:42 AM
Congratulations Howard...

Obviously some of the pommel theories can be put to rest now.

Pommel cubes upside down - CONFIRMED
Handwhell is actually an older model of AS (Rather than an different brand)- CONFIRMED

How did you happen to find these?.

DS
[snapback]1062801[/snapback]​

Thanks DS.
I found these on eBay. The week following the close of the auction up to delivery was the longest of my life.

Serafino - you're exactly right concerning the angled groove.
Now these are cleaned up they really do glow with beauty. Quite a few complex angles going on - oh, and the area between the cubes is flat, as you said back on ASAP.
Last night I was sitting at my desk twirling one in my hand when my wife appeared behind me. She broke off from whatever she was going to say and took the pommel.
'You know these are really nice, so, so tactile,' she said copying my twirling. She stopped and looked at me. 'They're much better than the taps in our bathroom.'
I just shot her my best 'Spock' eyebrow and took the pommel back.

The sharpness of the cube corners really gives them a medieval 'mace' like quality - as if within the confines of the rest of the saber design, this was as far as the design could go to achieve a pommel that was functional as a weapon in itself.

Howard.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back