Obi ANH CORRECT handwheels FOUND!

Howard

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just arrived in the mail. Superb condition for their age. Sharp edges, bright and shiny.

[attachmentid=5481]

Question is, which one do I put on my saber - hot or cold?

[attachmentid=5482]

EDIT.
Okay - after cleaning these with my fingernail I've just discovered they can be taken apart. Between the black arrows is the gap seen in the pictures of this prop we all know so well, just below the cubes. There's two of these opposite each other, and they're around .5mm wider that the base of a cube.

[attachmentid=5483]

My long, long search is finally over.
Howard. :)

Those got shipped to your house? They were supposed to be sent over to my house. Tell you what, I'll just PM you my address and pay for shipping, you can just send them right over.....

Did I mention I hate you? j/k :) Looking great BTW.

Obi-Wans Saber blade is blue, so cold side if it were me.

I think I've also found a pair of these but they are in pretty bad condition. I'm still trying to arrange a time to go and get them from the guy. I bought him a brand new pair of tap handles in exchange :)

EDIT: I could always sand them and get them rechromed if they are the right ones.

Originally posted by incrediPAUL@Aug 20 2005, 02:42 PM
Great find, anymore where those came from?

EDIT: If you are going for the Tunisia look, you need not reverse the cubes.
[snapback]1061831[/snapback]​

Yes . A comparison . Yes . next to a Romans and a Parks too .
Please .

Originally posted by kurtyboy@Aug 20 2005, 02:55 PM
How about a comparison with the replicas (RE, MR, Gav)?
[snapback]1061835[/snapback]​

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's actually found. It's definitely the right one. Amazing, simply amazing. Now we need to know what the emitter is and we're done on our quest to find out the original parts used. Now I want one....someone got to recast that for us folks....Say is it chromed plastic or metal?

Great to know it has two side to the broken ring. Thanks, chen.

Originally posted by 5postboy@Aug 20 2005, 12:50 PM
Now we need to know what the emitter is and we're done on our quest to find out the original parts used.

[snapback]1061901[/snapback]​

Is the gear correctly ID'd yet?
Oh and Howard, very cool find man. So all these plastic AS wheels were just too new?

No it hasn't but we have a good replica from RE and I think that's good enough. In my opinion it's harder to track the right gear piece than the pommel, chen.

Originally posted by TallDarkandDisfigured+Aug 20 2005, 05:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TallDarkandDisfigured @ Aug 20 2005, 05:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-5postboy
@Aug 20 2005, 12:50 PM
Now we need to know what the emitter is and we're done on our quest to find out the original parts used.

[snapback]1061901[/snapback]​

Is the gear correctly ID'd yet?
Oh and Howard, very cool find man. So all these plastic AS wheels were just too new?
[snapback]1061914[/snapback]​
[/b]

OMFG. Congratulations on this incredible find..
Somewhere out there, Serafino's ears are burning. :lol

I hope you consider using the 2nd one for reproduction purposes. (ie: cast or laser scanned for rapid prototyping). It's a finite market and I don't think reproducing a found part steps on any toes. Definitely something to consider.
Now, show that baby next to the Chronicles pic, please... :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back