Now that's a Knife - My Crocodile Dundee replica

Yip, I just got one of those Downunder Outback Bowie knives today. This knive has a nice heft to it and feels very well built. The blade is mirror pollished and very sharp. I'm very happy with my one.

Very nice knife!! Here is a pic of my Buck 120 I recently acquired, which is the knife that GhostFace uses is based off... The other items are also Scream related; voice changer from Scream 1, cellphone from Scream 4 and Fun World mask. I should have also put my PES robe in there as well lol

dsc00133dq.jpg

Heres one I made thats closer to screen accurate. Sheath is crocodile hide and veg tanned leather.dun1.jpg

Attachments

• dun2.jpg
    dun2.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 163
  • dun3.jpg
    dun3.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Hello,

I also have The Outback Bowie from Down Under Knives, and you are right as rain! It is badass, high quality, and just about as good as a handmade one. I also have about 4 different high end handmade sheaths for my Outback Bowie knife. They are of incredible quality! Of course, a guy only needs one sheath, LOL! I also just got my handmade First Blood knife and it is Screen Accurate except that the pommel has no compass! But everything else is screen accurate. I also have a Savage handmade sheath for it as well. I am working on finding a stainless steel pommel with compass for it. But I tell you, it's one badass handmade FB knife. And it is just about the best quality one that I've found!! Blow's all others out of this world as far as high attention to detail and quality work! Just my personal opinion though!

And I am trying to find someone (Not Savage) to make a new sheath for it. I think I've found someone that can make me one! Will be wheeling and dealing, LOL!

I bought one of these big badass Outback Bowie knives and love it!! I just took mine yesterday and had the blade professionally bead blasted. I do Not like that shiny blade coating on knives. It just scratches so darn easy!! I guess bead blasting scratches too. But I believe a knife blade should either have that Matte finish, which is what bead blasting does, or it should have a Black blade, especially a Bowie or fighter or survival knife!!

First Outback Bowie knife I received just would not take an edge whenever I tried to resharpen it. I even had the knife for over 8 solid months, more like a year and half. I actually just shelved it. Then I remembered that it had a 5 yr or lifetime warranty on it. I contacted the original seller of it but they wouldn't honor the warranty by replacing it. So I then contacted a totally diff store that I never even done business with.

They were so kind, and in just a couple of days they had contacted the maker of the knife on my behalf. Then next thing I knew, Down Under authorized a store her ein the US to send me out a replacement Outback Bowie knife right away.

I received the brand new replacement one, new sheath and all, and sent back the defective one I had right away. Since I have had the new one, have had no problems whatsoever with resharpening it. It's great and stays razor sharp. I also have several handmade leather sheaths for my Outback Bowie knife. I just love the knife too. Not really my style of knife that i favor, as I mainly favor the Rambo style survival knives and the like. Still, just couldn't resist the chance at having this big, bold, badass Crocodile Dundee knife. Definitely the closest thing to owning the real thing!

I haver heard and read so much negativity about the knife maker Jack Crain. It is an awful shame that, providing those negative rumors are true, he chose to runi such the great knife making name that he had!! A real shame. But I have ben messed over by alleged knife makers before who just took my money and ran. This just made me become smarter and less trusting.

Here are mine :D

First Blood

ktatt.jpg

Rambo First Blood part 2

ktatt2.jpg

Predator machete

ktatt3.jpg

Rambo 3 Bowie

ktatt7.jpg

Commando Life Support

ktatt4.jpg

Rambo 3 Rescue Knife

ktatt5.jpg

Expendables toothpick, Rambo 4 machete, and Rambo 3 bowie

ktatt6.jpg

Cobra Night Slasher Knuckle Knife.

ktatt10.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back