Question Not able to staying logged in? (find answers here)

I'm on Vista 64 and there are no RPF cookies on my machine. :(

If you were able to login and make this post, then yes there are RPF cookies on your machine... Without a session cookie you can't login at all or make a post...

Cookies are stored it at TWO locations on Vista, possibly 3...

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low
%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low

The 'Low' folders are not as protected as the higher up one, so you have to play with security access to get to the above folder, generally IE is run in with protected mode ON, thus it can only access the 'LOW' folders...

Is suspect you have RPF cookies that Vista is blocking you from accessing due to your security settings...

There are several websites that go into this in more detail, Google will provide you steps to clear you cookies...

Well I have full admin rights on my machine, all that security stuff is stripped away and there is nothing with either 'replica' or 'rpf' on my C:\ drive. Unless it's named something else, I can't find it.

The one folder called 'low' is empty.

Finally got my work computer working right.

my work machine was holding tight to some cookies stored in stange spots, but I managed to get them all, and then it was fine.

Eagle with you being a member and visiting Hundreds of Boards (I can't find even 6 I want to spend time on:lol) I am suprised you do not have Thousands of cookies.

Eagle, are you seeing the cookies folder? You may have to go into the folder
options and check the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck
the "Hide protected operating system files" in order to see all the cookies folders.
I had to do this in order to find/delete the cookie.. Good luck!!

I do! Just none from RPF.

As I stated yes you do have RPF cookies, regardless of you not being able to locate them the simple fact you are posting proves you have RPF cookies on the machine... No cookies = no member access to this forum, so you have the RPF cookies, you just need to locate and delete them...

The one folder called 'low' is empty.

Have you eneabled show hidden files and folders, and un-hide protected operating system files?

What about the other two folders?

Have you eneabled show hidden files and folders, and un-hide protected operating system files?
Yes - it's one of the very first things I do when installing an OS; to show hidden files and folders.

What about the other two folders?
Nothing there!

PS: Just blocked the RPF from storing cookies and I can still log in.

Y]Nothing there!

So you have no cookies on your machine? Not a single one? That would explain a lot, except I have to wonder how you stay logged into all those other forums without a single cookie on your machine, that makes zero sense...

PS: Just blocked the RPF from storing cookies and I can still log in.

Do me a favor and right click on the link circled in the picture attached below, (not the picture literally but that link on this site that it represents) tell me if it looks like option A or B

Code:
OPTION A   http://www.therpf.com/forumdisplay.php?5=ce2d566ae04b188193acf6dc885c38d1&f=9
Note I had to modify the link above as the vBulletin software strips the authentication hash, on the fly even in the code tags the '5=' will actually be 's=' in the real link
Code:
OPTION B   http://www.therpf.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

If it's option A your computer is blocking cookies...

So now stop blocking your cookies, logout, shut down the browser, restart the browser and log back in, click the 'remember me' box... Now again go back and check the pictured link against option A or B...

If you computer has an RPF cookie it will be option B, if your computer is still blocking cookies the link will contain the short lived authenticated session hash as in link A

In short if you continue to get option A, then your computer is blocking cookies from the RPF, and you need to figure out why, be it a security setting, a proxy, an antivirus or a firewall, something on your end is blocking cookies if option A keeps appearing...

So figure out what is blocking your computer from accepting cookies, and the problem will be solved...

Last edited:
Thanks. Option A here.

I am accepting cookies but there isn't a single rpf cookie on my machine as far as I can tell.

So that I can do a more thorough check, can you confirm how it will be named?

'rpf'?
'replicaprop...'
'rpfforum'?

:)

I am accepting cookies but there isn't a single rpf cookie on my machine as far as I can tell.

That is because you are not accepting them form the RPF for one reason or another...

Option A links in vBulletin are only used with your computer refuses the cookie as a temporary server side session ID...

I know you said you are taking cookies, but the fact that your links are Option A says that you are not... Check your firewall, antivirus, proxy or what not something is blocking your computer from accepting cookies on the RPF, until you get your computer to accept the cookies the RPF is serving there isn't anything anyone can do...

Click these links to see what they report...

http://146.129.54.93:8193/CookieTest.asp

http://142throckmorton.inticketing.com/cookietest.php

http://www.tempesttech.com/cookies/cookietest2.asp

Thanks. Option A here.

So that I can do a more thorough check, can you confirm how it will be named?

'rpf'?
'replicaprop...'
'rpfforum'?

:)
"therpf" will be part of the cookie file name.

That applies to IE, other browsers (Firefox for example) store the cookies inside of a session file, so searching for a file with "therpf" in the name will not yield any cookie related results.

exoray definitely has you on the right track to solving your particular problem. (Thanks exoray!)

What the hell? I'm logging-in just fine now? :confused

It was actually option B earlier - I did the post in a rush at lunchtime.

So, my particular solution: once I'd encountered the problem I deliberately denied cookies, closed the browser then allowed them again and that seemed to work. Weird.

Cheers. :)

So, my particular solution: once I'd encountered the problem I deliberately denied cookies, closed the browser then allowed them again and that seemed to work. Weird.)

That has got to be one of the strangest solutions ever... but at least you are now good to go.

I tried the fix and it still doesn't work. That didn't help one bit. I can stay logged in either. UGHHHHHH!!!!
I did a quick search and didn't see any of your specific info posted in this thread, so if you could give us the following details, it would help us figure this out.

1) browser you are using and version (IE8, Firefox 3.5.0, etc)

2) operating system (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac, Linux, etc)

3) the steps that you have tried so far

Thanks!

Solely deleting the RPF cookie folder within FF seems to have worked for me, cheers.

I should have searched for this fix weeks ago. Thought it was just me.

Thank GOD, it was driving me crazy! I didn't even think to check here until today. I can't tell you how relieved I am to not have to deal with the constant logging in any more.

I tried everything here several times and it still logged me out during every session. Opera 10.10. Then about a week ago I started to be logged in automatically as before. Except it doesn't remember what threads I visited the day before. All threads are back to blue instead of purple. Weirdness.

When deleting the cookie in Opera did you ensure the cookie was in fact gone before visiting the RPF again? It took me multiple tries of telling it to delete the cookie for it to actually be gone on one computer, but the first try on another.

well folks, after the server migration this weekend, i am unable to stay logged in again.
I have tried all the tricks, and nothing is holding.
Windows 7 Ultimate
64bit
IE8

anyone else?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back