Question Not able to staying logged in? (find answers here)

Re: Forced logouts now?

I flushed my cookies and didn't have to re-login in again for about an hour, but after taking about an hour break from the RPF, I had to sign in again.

I had the same problem,
deleted the cooky in firefox, logged back in, and haven't had the problem anymore.

Deleted my cookies, history, temp files...the whole schmear. I closed IE8 and reopened the site and had to log back in. So...the "delete the cookie" does not seem to work for IE.

The delete cookies won't work, the forum is giving up a cookie that expires in a short time, nothing on 'your' end will fix it, it needs to be fixed on the server...

I haven't had any problems since my last post. I stay logged in even after closing IE and making the computer sleep.

Okay, so it's not just me.. good to know. Figured it was something with the site, since this is the only forum I'm having this problem with. Problem is, I only check the boards a couple times a day, several hours between visits, even on the weekends, so any kind of short-term cookie is worthless. I'm used to the "Remember me" switch lasting, you know.. forever.

Having the same problem, Have to log in all the time.

ALSO Google spell check won't work.... :confused

What the hell did you guys do??? :wacko

Cleaned my cookies and cache and haven't been logged out since.

DST nailed it. As I mentioned, this was caused by the security upgrade. Once you have been logged out, your should simply be able to log back in and check "Remember Me" and be good. If not, you need to clear your cookies associated with the RPF and then log back in. This solution seems to be working for most, so if it doesn't work for you, please let us know.

Worked for me. Haven't been asked to log-in again since the purge.

I deleted both cookies and browsing history and cache. Form and search history and active logins were left unchecked.

I actually purged only having the google frontpage open, closed the browser window, re-opened Firefox, accessed the site and then logged in.

I feel so stupid though. IE 8 has a "feature" that keeps the cookies from your favorite sites. So, you have to go in that way and delete all of your cookies too. Convoluted.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back