Nor Cal prop party, Saturday, November 2, 2013

I'm planning to be there, but I predict I'll be an hour or so late. It's a family tradition.
I need to stop at my storage locker on the way there to pick up some props, that will be the real delay.

I'm assuming that the weapon policy in the first post only applies to human looking weapons and not to fictional weapons like a Jaffa staff weapon.

I'm planning to be there, but I predict I'll be an hour or so late. It's a family tradition.
I need to stop at my storage locker on the way there to pick up some props, that will be the real delay.

I'm assuming that the weapon policy in the first post only applies to human looking weapons and not to fictional weapons like a Jaffa staff weapon.

Real firearms are ammo are prohibited. LEO are exempt on the firearms. Jaffa weapons are encouraged.

I'm afraid I won't be able to make the party. I was up all night with a baby that has a stomach virus... I don't want to leave her today, and in turn, don't want to pass anything on.

Came, saw, had a great time. Here's a handful of pics I took of the stuff everyone had laid out:

I neglected to get any pics of my own layout, but here's some of the stuff I'd pre-staged before loading up the truck this morning:

Thanks again for putting this on and I can't wait to see you all again next year.

Last edited:
What a beautiful day to be in San Francisco! A big thank you to our hosts. The Rod And Gun club was a good venue to have this event. There was ample space for table and there was plenty of room to display. I thank the many of you who brought your props and costumes. I hope someone posts a picture of the cat armor made out of copper and brass.

I wish I could post some photos, but I can't see to send any out from my iPad. So I will rely on others for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, pics like that.

I must be a terribly slow typist

A big THANKS to all who came up to Marin County to share their collections. A beautiful Saturday on the bay. And the hot dogs weren't bad either. Photos to be posted shortly. There is a possibility that this could become an annual event. The site wants us back. Please chime-in and let us know what you thought of the event.

I had a great time. The venue was wonderful with parking, a big well lit room, tables and chairs, and bar / food onsite. Mainly it was great reconnecting with folks I had not seen since the last San Jose prop party. Some folks changed, Ken (Elvis Trooper) is now a daddy and brought his little boy which was very cool.

Saw some amazing, screen used and replica props.

My only concern was that club members (members of the club whose building we were in) strolled through the room, and most were not aware that what they may have considered "toys" were often one-of-a-kind, rare, valuable, and FRAGILE screen used props. Not knowing this, they did not exercise prop display courtesy (asking to touch) and nonchalantly picked up and played with stuff on tables. In the future, maybe something on the tables and/or the side doors to remind people not to touch without permission. This was not a problem within the prop community in attendance, it was non prop people only.

THANK YOU to all of you who made this prop party a reality. Reconnecting with some California collectors was great, and I have new sources for future swag that I need. Looking forward to 2014.

My only concern was that club members (members of the club whose building we were in) strolled through the room, and most were not aware that what they may have considered "toys" were often one-of-a-kind, rare, valuable, and FRAGILE screen used props. Not knowing this, they did not exercise prop display courtesy (asking to touch) and nonchalantly picked up and played with stuff on tables. In the future, maybe something on the tables and/or the side doors to remind people not to touch without permission. This was not a problem within the prop community in attendance, it was non prop people only.

Thanks for your attendance. It was good to see you and your great prop display. Thanks also for your feedback regarding the "general public". The few members of the "general public" that did wander through the hall towards the end of the event, while courteous, were not aware of proper "prop etiquette". This is definitely something that will be addressed moving forward.

Last edited:
Since we already have some pictures of the props and items that were displayed (and I am sure more will be posted) I thought I would post some pictures of the members who attended. Oh, and a picture of our special "non-human" guest R2-D2.
It was great meeting and visiting with everyone and seeing all the great stuff on display.

Terry

Attachments

• PPrty1.jpg
    PPrty1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 107
  • PPrty2.jpg
    PPrty2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 98
  • PPrty3.jpg
    PPrty3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 104
  • PPrty4.jpg
    PPrty4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 99
  • PPrty5.jpg
    PPrty5.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 107
  • PPrty6.jpg
    PPrty6.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 104
  • PPrty7.jpg
    PPrty7.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 102
  • PPrty8.jpg
    PPrty8.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 121
  • PPrty9.jpg
    PPrty9.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 110
  • PPrty10.jpg
    PPrty10.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 117
Thanks for hosting this event! It was great meeting everyone and seeing the projects in person.
Unfortunately, my project to-do list is now a bit longer... :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back