NIKE MAG's to be re-released in November?? Is this true?

I have no idea.....I just wanted to say: Thanks for fixing "guy".........

I did read the article. Seems poorly written with a lot of emphasis on how this new production shoe will be so EXACT to that limited edition run. It sounds like someone is bitter and wishes to create angst among the people who were able to buy a pair??

“Those who were able to enjoy the NIKE MAG on its original release should take pride that they had the shoes a few months before everyone else.”
This doesn't sound like something corporate Nike would say??

And to make sure you do understand that they will be exactly the same......
The new batch of NIKE MAG shoes will be completely identical to the ones released in September.....

....these newly released NIKE MAG shoes will have no difference from the limited edition run.

Shylaah

Last edited:
I think judging by the age of the articles and how not many websites picked up on this, it's fake.

However, I do think we'll see more Nike Mag based designs from them in the near future...

Well since it says "mid october" and november starts in about 4 hours depending on where you are, i'm gonna go ahead and call BS.

It's fake. Was released a couple of weeks ago. I forget where, but some website officially announced that it was fake. It would have shown up on the official Nike site if it was real.

It's fake. Was released a couple of weeks ago. I forget where, but some website officially announced that it was fake. It would have shown up on the official Nike site if it was real.

Yeah, I thought so. There is no way that NIKE would do this. Though they could probably get away with it, they wouldn't risk the lawsuits.

in this time and era.. its all about money, sex & war.... I wont be surprised if they actually have the MAGs on retail... yes the MAG was released for a good cause and that cause has past and done. Nike managed to raised over 5Mil in less than 2weeks..

now if we look at the facts and figure 1510 pair = 5Mil (at average price tag of $3,500)

If they do a retail at ard the $300 price tag and a global released of more than 1510 pairs.. 5Mil figure is a very small figure.. so they are definitely looking onto these!

What will the early buyers of MAG say??!! Nike won't even bother... they STRICTLY mention the 1st 1500 pair TO BE auction off... which then became 1510 (i dunno why) but the FINE line is there... means buyers agree and cant complaint about it...

fingers crossed..

It won't happen. NIKE has already made plans for the '2015' release and we won't be seeing anything untill then.

What will the early buyers of MAG say??!! Nike won't even bother... they STRICTLY mention the 1st 1500 pair TO BE auction off... which then became 1510 (i dunno why) but the FINE line is there... means buyers agree and cant complaint about it...

The extra 10 pairs were the ones that were auctioned off at the Nike events across the country.

As Brad noted during the LA event though, there were at least 80 pairs that were used in the glass display case that were "rejects" and who knows how many more sample pairs that got made.

Why would you say that?

Because 5K for a pair of shoes is just plain ridiculous, and Nike wont answer the fans who crave these, instead opting to satisfy those with huge disposable incomes, all in a good cause of course, but still, bitter sweet.

Im the same, bring on the knock off's, and to hell with Nike.

lee

Because 5K for a pair of shoes is just plain ridiculous, and Nike wont answer the fans who crave these, instead opting to satisfy those with huge disposable incomes, all in a good cause of course, but still, bitter sweet.

Im the same, bring on the knock off's, and to hell with Nike.

lee

Being a member of the Nike Talk board as well, this complaint came up many many times. But the truth of the matter lies in the fact that it was an auction. There was no set price, and Nike donated the shoes and ate the production costs. There was no monetary gain for Nike through this. And it's not as if a company like Nike NEEDS more PR...they are who they are. Anybody could have bid, and anybody could have won. Now...was Nike under the assumption that the massive fan/public appeal for these iconic sneakers would command high bids in the auctions? Probably, but they also could have gone for $300-$500 and I'm sure that Nike would have been ok with that as well. It raised money for the MJF foundation and at the same time rose AWARENESS for Parkinson's. Mission accomplished...according to Nike.

I also saw some people on NT that had little to no interest in the shoes themselves...and had the means to DONTATE quite a large sum of money, which translated into upwards of 7 pairs. One guy even went into a story about his mother who was a victim of cancer, and wished he could have done more for her as he watched her deteriorate...he couldn't, so now he does what he can whenever he can. So he was able to bid on...and win 7 pairs. He seemed to be more concerned with helping a cause close to his heart, than the Mags themselves.

And as for "huge disposable incomes"...I am a personal trainer in an upscale health club in Northern NJ. I make around 100K a year, and my winning bid for the shoes was $5,100. BUT...my girlfriend won them for me....she is a physical therapist, who through about 20 years in the business, just has a large credit limit, because with 3 kids...there is little disposable income to throw around like this. She bid because she knows I love them, so she did that for me. Neither of us millionaires or anything of the like. Just did what we wanted...

I understand that everyone who wanted a pair didn't get a pair...but it's not always what we think the evil man behind the curtain is doing...

Thanks guys!

Dc30's makes some good points: Nike did not set a fixed price, nor did they create this promotion to make a massive profit. I am definitely looking forward to the 2015 release. As for the "Re-release Ad," I believe it's a total hoax.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back