Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtortori65 Welcome to the forums. That is an interesting mod that certainly has improved the look of the cuff from the outside. Not sure about the inside. One member that modded his cuffs, split the seam, tucked the vinyl in and glued it back together to get a similar look to yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have question for my mags @ the high top area and the collar area how do I make it stiffin up like the RD and form that shape when the cardboard piece is in the shoes when in the box.

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.02.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.00.16 PM.png

Hi there!!I was out for a long time, sorry guys!!!! I see a lot of progress on all I who is still developing a customized Air Mag.There is a thing that is still having a problem in our community.I was SO sad when I know the bad news about the nike air mag release for 2016...seems to be the same ****, because all BTTF fans AGAIN was without the oportunity to have a own replica, because surely the prices of new mags would be HIGHLY EXPENSIVE(blood unicorn).I was thinking about that, and I want to ask you something guys:there is something here who can know a trusted person who manages the china production of the fake mags V2? I want to give ALL the information on a big box, documents , molds, sculpts,diagrams, ect for accelerate a REAL and POSSIBLE next mag V3.I think that is teh only way who all the people can have a accurate air mag.I was always thinking about the extremely accurate replicas of Lebrons, Jordans, Air Max, and I think that these people of china needs an original or a very closest model who can copy directly.I want to give that option to the chinese guys, with ALL of my work developed along several years, with the only one condition that they need to PRODUCE a V3 helped with all of my stuff that I want to give.Really I want a decent copys for playing skateboard, or basket, climbing:)lol) or whatever....My replicas is still placed in a vitrine!!!, just only for saw, because I dont want to deteriorate or get dirty, and I guess that there is the EXACTLY same problem for the people who have a ORIGINAL 2011 mags.Honestly ,that is NOT the objetive for making my own Mags a long time ago, my idea was to use A LOT, everyday use, like Marty´s Son.:)

Hi there!!I was out for a long time, sorry guys!!!! I see a lot of progress on all I who is still developing a customized Air Mag.There is a thing that is still having a problem in our community.I was SO sad when I know the bad news about the nike air mag release for 2016...seems to be the same ****, because all BTTF fans AGAIN was without the oportunity to have a own replica, because surely the prices of new mags would be HIGHLY EXPENSIVE(blood unicorn).I was thinking about that, and I want to ask you something guys:there is something here who can know a trusted person who manages the china production of the fake mags V2? I want to give ALL the information on a big box, documents , molds, sculpts,diagrams, ect for accelerate a REAL and POSSIBLE next mag V3.I think that is teh only way who all the people can have a accurate air mag.I was always thinking about the extremely accurate replicas of Lebrons, Jordans, Air Max, and I think that these people of china needs an original or a very closest model who can copy directly.I want to give that option to the chinese guys, with ALL of my work developed along several years, with the only one condition that they need to PRODUCE a V3 helped with all of my stuff that I want to give.Really I want a decent copys for playing skateboard, or basket, climbing:)lol) or whatever....My replicas is still placed in a vitrine!!!, just only for saw, because I dont want to deteriorate or get dirty, and I guess that there is the EXACTLY same problem for the people who have a ORIGINAL 2011 mags.Honestly ,that is NOT the objetive for making my own Mags a long time ago, my idea was to use A LOT, everyday use, like Marty´s Son.:)

so does this mean the China V3 mag maybe the closet we can get to the RD mags ?

Jedifyfe I would like know If you can repost pics cause I think it will help new commers like me.

Here is a step by step to do the LED's

Step1:

Use a hairdryer to heat up the area around the ankle bubble and then using a flat edged tool (butter knife will work), ease the edges up/off the fabric.

Do this until the entire ankle bubble lights are exposed. Then remove the lights/panel

DSC06061.jpg

DSC06065.jpg

Step 2

Buy a sheet of 1/16th styrene (if you need to ask what styrene is, you shouldn't be doing this)

Measure the old LED circuit board and cut out a new one.

Dsc06284.jpg

Dsc06285.jpg

Dsc06286.jpg

Step 3

measure the LED distance and placement on your new panel

Dsc06287.jpg

then drill the correct hole placement and have your LED's ready

Dsc06288.jpg

Dsc06289.jpg

Step 4

Solder your LED's together with the possitive (the longer "leg" of the LED) soldered to the next LED's negative "leg" and so forth.

Dsc06290.jpg

Dsc06291.jpg

Dsc06292.jpg

Dsc06293.jpg

Dsc06294.jpg

Step 5

Solder the correct resistors to each possitive lead and tie in all 3 of the negative leads together.

Dsc06296.jpg

A comparison

Dsc06297.jpg

Step 6

cut a small slit in the back of the heel, under the ankle piece and run positive and negavite wires through, soldering them to the new LED panel

Dsc06298.jpg

Here is how to install the JUDCO switch in the collar

Step 1

Using an Xacto knife, "pop" the seam to the top puffy part and the bottom part near the grey fabric

Dsc06307.jpg

Dsc06308.jpg

Step 2

Using a flat head screwdriver, work a tunnel up to the puffy part and (being VERY CARFEUL) work the tunnel up to the top of the collar

Dsc06309.jpg

Step 3

Place the switch into the tunnel and push it up and into the puffy area (you can CAREFULLY use the screwdriver here too)

Dsc06310.jpg

Dsc06311.jpg

Step 5

cut a small slit in the grey fabric that is under the white leather, make a tunnel down to the midsole (same technique with the screwdriver) and push the wires down into the fabric. You may have to solder more wire to extend these wires down to the sole.

Dsc06314.jpg

Dsc06315.jpg

Step 6

Glue the leather back down using fabric glue

Dsc06316.jpg

Thank you in advance.

cloneprops WELCOME BACK! I don't think there is anyone here who has the connections or ability to replicate these. I would love to see more photos of your custom MAGs. It's been so long.

I have question for my mags @ the high top area and the collar area how do I make it stiffin up like the RD and form that shape when the cardboard piece is in the shoes when in the box.

I cleaned mine with a cloth and acetone. From there I was able to almost mold them into the nice tight arc that held that shape for ages without supports.

As for the cloneprops shoes, umm yeah, probably the closest anyone has ever come to replicating these from scratch. He made everything from 3D models right through to the completed shoes. He did offer parts like the buckle on shapeways. Would be awesome if he could put the heel cup and bubble on there. The buckle is usable off the printer. The heel cup would need to be molded and cast. So far out of this group, I seem to be the only one that could do that because I have invested in the tools like a vacuum chamber, spend about $5000 in R&D on this project. So you can't just print the parts and build a shoe - well not one that could be worn anyway.

Hi there!!I was out for a long time, sorry guys!!!!

Welcome back @cloneprops

I don't think we know of anyone that could actually deliver the grail of hi-tops. The last attempt was, well not the best.

Hey cloneprops, welcome back! any chance of putting your ankle buckle in small size on shapeways?

So glad to hear you're back. I've wanted a pair of your shoes for like 3 years now! You do seem to have the most up to date Intel on everything mag. If we can all get our resources together we may be able to get those specs to a big manufacturer in China. I can't remember which member it is who has been in contact with a Chinese shop...... Anybody remember who that was? Absolute worst case scenario, I go to China every summer for some basketball related stuff and I usually can get together with some people who are involved in manufacturing, just not sure exactly. Let's make this happen guys.

@NikWink it was @airair but they really messed him around on this.

If you want new shoes, you need new moulds which cost big bucks unfortunately.
That means moulds for multiple sizes.

That means moulds for multiple sizes.

Correct! Not only that, they are very suspicious now on who they trust.
Before last year it wasn't that hard to contact or even visit the factory.
But in 2014 the Chinese government pretended to be a new customer and asked them if they could check the merchandise first.
So what they did was visit the factory while production ran and they took pictures and film everything with spycams.
Short after that the whole factory was closed and confiscated and the management brought to jail!
After that incident everybody is extremely cautious.
They don't trust anybody and definitely factory visitors are no longer possible.
It was a huge deal back then and made it in the newspapers.
That was one of the many that produced replica shoes.
From Jordan's to MAG's.
My contact has connections with the remaining factories in the Quanzhou region. But I'm sure there are other factories in China who do make them.
But I don't think it's going to be easy to get in touch with them.

I'm curious for the Christmas release from gogoyeezy though.
I wonder where they managed to make the more authentic replicas as they say.
Guess all we can do is wait...

Just wondering,
Is anyone thinking of paying that price ($680-$699)for more accurate replicas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means molds for multiple sizes.

I was referring to the uppers when they messed up the design. Molding and casting different sizes is not as hard with good master parts to start with. Cloneprops 3D files could be scaled to fit every size needed and 3D printed. Yes there is a cost to getting all the parts printed first, then further cost in molding and casting supplies before anyone gets anything useful. And those costs need to be covered in the group effort.

These sizes would be needed to cover the lot - 7, 8, 9, 10, 11,12 & 13.

However, based on my own (clear soles) experience, this is a high cost startup for a short order run. Even though there seems to be a world wide demand for these shoes, really we are quite a small group of enthusiasts. The masses that have bought these shoes (V2 or HC) are not going to mod them, or, even think they look good enough as is.
The question is - do you still want to use the Chinese who have given us product that is made from a non UV stable rubber?

You should be able to specify exactly what you want, but the issue right now is lack of communication from the factories.

Then you have to move onto the uppers.

We have a guy with the info and we have factories willing to knock these things off to make money. There has to be a way to get A and B together!

The problem with the replicas, is the nike brand applied on them. If they manufacture the Mags V3 without the swoosh, they might not have so much problems with the governments guys. All they need is to do a "HC version" with a better standard quality to be wearable (clear sole, good electronics, good seams and a simplified upperpart) and sell a Kit for upgrading in another factory :D
I'm sure they can make it for less than 150$ !

And yes, I think cavx is right about the molds : as we now have 3D prints for cheap prices... They sould be able to make every sizes easy.

And yes, I think cavx is right about the molds : as we now have 3D prints for cheap prices... They sould be able to make every sizes easy.

Back to the molds, whilst I used 5KG of silicone to make 3 "flat" pack molds for the soles, the last 3D shape mold also used $5KG @ about $70/KG. Now times that by the 7 different sizes we need, and you might just see a glimpse of the start up costs needed to do these.

how did you made this mod ? (the cuffs) Any pictures of the process ?
1) Cut just above the stitch all the way around 20151123_171908.jpg

2) Just don't cut all the way to the front (bottom right of photo)20151123_172008.jpg20151123_172110.jpg
3) Then pull the part that you just cut tight, looking from the outside of the cuff until you get it to form/shape the way you like it20151123_172036.jpg20151123_172116.jpg

4) While holding it down lift up and glue at or below the seam20151123_181101.jpg

5) Trim extra and glue any loose parts, the only part that is a little difficult is the rounded ear parts; just make a couple of relief cuts. The main goal was to make the outside look better, the inside is not so nice but shouldn't be noticeable when you wear them

The branding is the least of their problems. The Nike knockoffs are flying off shelves with swooshes every day. They can replicate a shoe to 99.99999% accuracy. They haven't got this shoe just right yet because they don't have the correct molds/files/info or correct product in hand to reverse engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back